||This article needs additional citations for verification. (October 2010)|
|Origin||Middlesbrough, Teesside, England|
|Genres||Pop, rock, pop rock|
Sony-BMG (2006–2007)ANCA (2007–)
Journey South are an English singing duo, consisting of brothers Andy and Carl Pemberton. They are originally from Middlesbrough, Teesside, and performed in pubs and clubs throughout the United Kingdom for over eight years, prior to achieving third place on the second UK series of television talent show The X Factor in 2005. The duo have stated that Bon Jovi, U2 and Mary J. Blige have been influences for their work.
Post X Factor 
The 28 December 2005 edition of the Teesside Evening Gazette reported that Journey South had received five recording contract offers, and had signed with the one they "wanted to work with most". This was later confirmed to be Sony BMG, the label on which they released their debut album, Journey South, on 20 March 2006. Fellow X Factor contestants G4, Chico Slimani and Steve Brookstein were signed to the same label.
On 26 March 2006, their debut album entered the UK Albums Chart at No 1, selling 216,000 albums in its first week and beating the first album by fellow X Factor finalist Andy Abraham. Their first week sales were also higher than X Factor winner Shayne Ward's first album which sold 201,000 even with the help of a single for promotion. Journey South released their first single on 19 June 2006. It was a double A-side featuring their cover of Ocean Colour Scene's "The Circle" and a re-recorded version of "Desperado".
The duo decided to leave Sony BMG and X Factor creator/producer Simon Cowell on amicable terms in August 2007. They formed their own record label, ANCA, through which the duo's second album, Home, was released on 22 October 2007, along with a single, "What I Love About Home", a week earlier. This single was chart-ineligible due to an alleged printing error. The album reached #43. In February 2008 a second single, "Reconcile Our Love", was released but failed to chart.
Carl Pemberton now teaches guitar. Andy was an Electrician, he used to rewire houses for the council.
The X Factor performances 
- "Something About the Way You Look Tonight" (Elton John) – 15 October
- "Desperado" (The Eagles) – 22 October
- "Angel of Harlem" (U2) – 29 October
- "The First Time Ever I Saw Your Face" – 5 November
- "Livin' on a Prayer" (Bon Jovi) – 12 November
- "Angels" (Robbie Williams) – 19 November
- "I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For" (U2) – 26 November
- "Candle in the Wind" (Elton John) – 3 December
- "Bad Day" (Daniel Powter) – 3 December
- "Let it Be" (The Beatles) – 11 December
- "You're in My Heart" (Rod Stewart) – 11 December
- "Don't Let the Sun Go Down on Me" (Elton John & George Michael) – 17 December
- "Happy Xmas (War Is Over)" – 17 December
- "Let It Be" (The Beatles) – 17 December
Studio albums 
- 2006: "The Circle" / "Desperado" (19 June 2006)
- 2007: "What I Love about Home" (15 October 2007)
- 2008: "Reconcile Our Love" (February 2008)
- 2009: "What I Love About Home (the Help For Heroes)" (December 2009)