|Journal of Animal Ecology|
|Edited by||Tim Coulson, Graeme Hays, Mike Boots, Ken Wilson|
|Publisher||Wiley-Blackwell on behalf of the British Ecological Society (United Kingdom)|
The Journal of Animal Ecology is a peer-reviewed scientific journal publishing research in all areas of animal ecology. It began publication in 1932, and as such is the second oldest journal of the British Ecological Society (after the Journal of Ecology). The Journal of Animal Ecology is available both in print and online.
Types of papers published 
The journal publishes the following types of papers:
- Standard Papers - a typical experimental, comparative or theoretical paper
- Reviews - syntheses of topics of broad ecological interest
- Forum articles - short contributions intended to stimulate debate
- In Focus - short articles designed to highlight high-interest material
Abstracting and indexing 
The journal is abstracted and indexed in Cambridge Scientific Abstracts, BIOBASE/Current Awareness in Biological Sciences, Current Contents, GEOBASE, and the Science Citation Index. According to the Journal Citation Reports, the journal has a 2011 impact factor of 4.937, ranking it 2nd out of 146 journals in the category "Zoology" and 18th out of 131 journals in the category "Ecology".
See also 
- "Journal of Animal Ecology – Permissions & Copyright Information". Wiley-Blackwell. Retrieved 2011-01-31.
- "Journal of Animal Ecology – Author Guidelines". Wiley-Blackwell. Retrieved 2011-01-31.
A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.