Jonathan Lee Kvanvig (born December 7, 1954) is Distinguished Professor of Philosophy at Baylor University.
Kvanvig is also an author, best known for his book The Problem of Hell (published 1993) which debates Hell in a modern theological and philosophical way.
He is the owner and administrator of the blog Certain Doubts, which covers topics related to epistemology.
- Oxford Studies in Philosophy of Religion, ed., Volume 1, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2008. (Contributors: Finch & Rea, Fischer, Frances, Hajek, Koons, O'Connor, Pruss, Senor, Stump, van Inwagen, Zagzebski)
- The Knowability Paradox, Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2006. (Paperback Edition 2008).
- The Value of Knowledge and the Pursuit of Understanding, New York: Cambridge University Press, 2003. (Paperback Edition 2007; Chapter One reprinted in Duncan Pritchard and Ram Neta, eds., Arguing About Knowledge, London: Routledge, 2008.)
- Warrant in Contemporary Epistemology: Essays in Honor of Plantinga's Theory of Knowledge,ed., Savage, MD: Rowman & Littlefield, 1996. (Contributors: BonJour, Conee, Feldman, Foley, Klein, Kvanvig, Lehrer, Lycan, Markie, Pappas, Plantinga, Sosa, Swain, van Fraassen).
- The Problem of Hell, New York: Oxford University Press, ISBN 978-0-19-508487-0, 1993.
- The Intellectual Virtues and the Life of the Mind: On the Place of the Virtues in Contemporary Epistemology, in the Studies in Epistemology and Cognitive Theory Series, Paul K. Moser, general editor, Savage, MD: Rowman & Littlefield, 1992.
- The Possibility of an All-Knowing God, London: Macmillan Press Ltd., Library of Philosophy and Religion, John Hick, general editor, 1986, and New York: St. Martin's Press, 1986.
Jonathan Kvanvig: Bell's Hell
In this edition of the Evangel University Guest Lecture Series, Dr. Jonathan Kvanvig of Baylor University addresses the Rob Bell's controversial book in his ...
Jonathan Kvanvig: The New Atheist Movement
In this edition of the Evangel University Guest Lecture Series, Dr. Jonathan Kvanvig of Baylor University addresses the "New Atheist Movement." © 2010 Jonath...
Friday Forum: Bell's Hell
Dr. Jonathan Kvanvig, from Baylor University presents, "Does Love Win, or Does Eternal Justice Require Damnation? Contemporary Arguments About the Existence ...
Veien tilbake Gruppe 3
Filmen er laget av gruppe3 på Sørnorsk Filmcamp 2014. Rolf - Stephan Hergel Sandra - Emma Sollien Skjeggedal Agnes - Fannie Skoland Andreasen Terapeut - Jona...
Where are the Honest Atheists?
Damon Linker's article here: http://news.yahoo.com/where-honest-atheists-063200446.html.
"Loving" brainwashing - Part 3 of 4
How Evangelicals try to get nonbelievers to believe in the UK with the so-called "Alpha Course". Link to uncut version (available until 26 October 2010): htt...
Jon & Anna's wedding - first dance
The Boilermakers Jazz Band - Delovely. Not the whole thing... sorry. I was worried the camera would run out of memory.
Amos Yong | In the Days of Caesar: Pentecostals & Political Theology
In this edition of the Evangel University Guest Lecture Series, Dr. Yong presents key elements from his new book "In the Days of Caesar: Pentecostals & Polit...
EU Quick Facts
Evangel is an accredited Assemblies of God university with more than 100 academic programs on the cutting edge of today's professional fields. Visit evangel....
Fun Friday | Fall Break Tips
We're sorry, but there's no news about "Jonathan Kvanvig" right now.
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
You can talk about Jonathan Kvanvig with people all over the world in our discussions.