Oil painting on canvas. 100x120 cm.
Jeremy Annear (born 1949) is an English painter from Exeter and is a late generation Modern British Artist. He is married and lives with his wife, the painter Judy Buxton, and his daughter on the Lizard Peninsula in Cornwall. He describes himself as a European Modernist and has painted within that genre all his life. Early exposure to St Ives Abstraction had a profound influence on him in his early teens and an abiding love of 20th-century European Art have left their mark on him and his work. He has worked extensively in Germany and Australia and has absorbed influences in his work from both these cultures.
His painting Untitled Abstract in Blue and Grey (1994) in is the collection of the Royal Holloway College, University of London.
Publications, awards, etc.
- 2011"Exhibition Catalogue 'The Eye of The Spirit' essay by Andrew Lambirth Art Critic of 'The Spectator' ISBN 978-1-905883-93-6 publication no: CCCI published by David Messum Fine art
- 2010"Exhibition Catalogue-Forensic Traces"Campden Gallery, Chipping Campden,Gloucestershire.Essay 'Forensic Traces' by Andrew Lambirth, Writer and Curator currently Art Critic of 'The Spectator". ISBN 978-0-9562719-4-5 First Published in 2010 by Campden Gallery.
- 2009 Exhibition Catalogue Messums, Cork Street London W1.(Forward by Nicholas Usherwood, Features Editor, Galleries Magazine. Essay, 'Silent Harmonies: The Art of Jeremy Annear' Dr Jane Hamilton. ISBN 978-1-905883-44-8 Publication no.CCXLXII Published by David Messum Fine Art.
- 2007 Exhibition Catalogue New Millennium Gallery (Forward by David Falconer)
- 2007 Painting, European Modernism and the Cornish Art Scene in the 80's Interview with Rupert White. www.artcornwall.org.
- 2004 Exhibition Catalogue New Millennium Gallery (Foreword by James Aitchison and The Meeting a poem written for the catalogue by Robert Vas Dias)
- 2002 Catching the Wave - Contemporary Art and Artists in Cornwall by Tom Cross (Published by Halsgrove 2002. ISBN 1-84114-207-7)
- 2002 Exhibition Catalogue. New Works, Messums Contemporary
- 2001 Galleries Review. Showing in St Ives, Petronilla Silver
- 2000 Exhibition catalogue (Foreword by Norbert Lynton ISBN 1-871208-94-7), Messum Contemporary
- 1998/97 Exhibition Catalogue, David Messum Gallery (Forward by John Russel Taylor ISBN 1-871208-43-2)
- 1996 Drawing towards the End of the Century, Newlyn Society of Artists Publication ISBN 0-9527685-0-X.
- 1994 St. Ives Revisited - innovators and followers by Peter Davis (Bakehouse Publications)
- 1991 Award Kreissparkasse, Bremen, Germany
- 1991/92 DAAD Scholarship (Atelierhaus Worpswede) Germany
- 1991/92 Atelierhaus Worpswede (Worpswede Verlag ISBN 3-89299-164-2)
- Artsound.co.uk A collaboration with composer Jim Aitcheson the production company Coleridge Productions 2003-2005 the musician Andy Russo and the chamber groups The Coull Quartet and The Sacconi Quartet.
Sun, 10 Jan 2016 13:59:04 -0800
Edgar Modern is pleased to present works from Judy Buxton, Jeremy Annear, Ronald F Smith RSW, David Martin RSW, Mhairi McGregor, Jessica Cooper RWA, Henrietta Dubrey, and Heath Hearn – all of whom have drawn from the inspirational nature of ...
Mon, 23 Nov 2015 07:53:03 -0800
Featuring alongside Ingham and Tunnard will be works by 30 contemporary artists including: Jeremy Annear, Nicola Bealing, Judy Buxton, Barrie Cook, Jonathon Coudrille, Martin Grimshaw, Phillip Hogben, Louise McClary, Juliette Paull, Vince Tutton, Mark ...
The Guardian (blog)
The Guardian (blog)
Wed, 19 Feb 2014 09:44:19 -0800
Since childhood, I have always experienced music more intensely with images in my mind, and in 2002 a commission to respond to paintings by Jeremy Annear brought an astonishing realisation that I could take aspects of visual artworks such as shapes, ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
Digplanet also receives support from Searchlight Group.