|Jefferson Township Public Schools|
|Superintendent:||Dr. Kathaleen Fuchs|
|Business Administrator:||Dora E. Zeno|
|Address:||28 Bowling Green Parkway
Lake Hopatcong, NJ 07849
|Enrollment:||3,610 (as of 2008-09)|
|Faculty (in FTEs):||273.7|
|District Factor Group:||GH|
| %± vs.
|10||Operations & Maintenance||1,719||72||1,674||2.7%|
|16||Median Teacher Salary||50,340||7||57,597|
|Data from NJDoE 2009 Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending.
*Of K-12 districts with 3,501+ students. Lowest spending=1; Highest=105
The Jefferson Township Public Schools are a comprehensive community public school district, serving students in Kindergarten through twelfth grade from Jefferson Township, in Morris County, New Jersey, United States.
The district is classified by the New Jersey Department of Education as being in District Factor Group "GH", the third highest of eight groupings. District Factor Groups organize districts statewide to allow comparison by common socioeconomic characteristics of the local districts. From lowest socioeconomic status to highest, the categories are A, B, CD, DE, FG, GH, I and J.
- Elementary Schools
- Milton School (Pre-K; 181 students - covers kindergarten as of 2010-11)
- Timothy Plotts - Principal
- Robert F. Drummond (K; 130 students - closed as of 2010-11
- Cozy Lake School (1&2; 281)
- Tim Plotts - Principal
- Ellen T. Briggs and Drummond School (1&2; 258 - covers K-2 as of 2010-11)
- Randi De Brito - Principal
- Arthur T. Stanlick School (3-5; 387)
- Dr. Kelly J. Cooke - Principal
- White Rock Elementary School (3-5; 441)
- Michael Valenti - Principal
- Middle School
- Jefferson Township Middle School (6-8; 823 students)
- Jeanne Howe - Principal
- Peggy Widgren - Vice Principal
- High School
- Jefferson Township High School (9-12; 1,120 students), home of the Falcons
- Karl Mundi - Principal
- John Cinotti - Vice Principal
- Greg Currie - Vice Principal
- Dr. Kathaleen Fuchs, Superintendent
- Dora E. Zeno, Business Administrator / Board Secretary
- District information for the Jefferson Township School District, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed March 24, 2011.
- Taxpayers' Guide to Education Spending April 2013, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed April 15, 2013.
- NJ Department of Education District Factor Groups (DFG) for School Districts, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed October 27, 2009.
- Data for the Jefferson Township Public Schools, National Center for Education Statistics. Accessed March 24, 2011.
- Staff. "The Thumbs Tell It", Aim Jefferson, March 18, 2011. Accessed March 24, 2011. "Thumbs Down to Mr. Feldman and the BOE's justification of spending money to renovate Drummond School. We were all willing to make the sacrifice of cramming the kindergarten kids in to Briggs to save almost $100K/year in rent to house the BOE in office space. However, to even attempt to justify spending this money in renovations is absolutely ridiculous!"
- Central Office Directory, Jefferson Township Public Schools. Accessed March 24, 2011.
- Morris County School Directory, New Jersey Department of Education. Accessed November 5, 2009.
The superintendent was recently sued for age discrimination costing the district a substantial amount of money. http://newjerseyhills.com/mt_olive_chronicle/news/teacher-age-discrimination-suit-leads-to-award-to-former-m The school board fired a great teacher to the dismay of former students.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9002MH4tsg
- Jefferson Township Public Schools
- Jefferson Township Public Schools's 2010–11 School Report Card from the New Jersey Department of Education
- Data for the Jefferson Township Public Schools, National Center for Education Statistics
A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.