A jacket is a hip- or waist-length garment for the upper body. A jacket typically has sleeves, and fastens in the front. A jacket is generally lighter, tighter-fitting, and less insulating than a coat, which is outerwear. Some jackets are fashionable, while others serve as protective clothing.
The word jacket comes from the French word jaquette. Speakers of American English sometimes informally use the words jacket and coat interchangeably.
The term comes from the Middle French noun jaquet, which refers to a small or lightweight tunic. In Modern French, jaquette is synonymous with jacket.
List of jackets 
- Arctic jacket, or anorak (in the United Kingdom) or parka, a hooded jacket for very cold climates
- Ball jacket, often specified as a baseball jacket or football jacket, a casual jacket with knitted cuffs, collar, and waistband and a zippered front
- Blazer, similar to but more casual than a suit jacket; single- or double-breasted of sturdy material, commonly with metal buttons.
- Bolero, a very short jacket for women, originally worn by matadors
- Bodyscapes, a type of raincoat worn by children.
- Bomber jacket
- Boucle Jacket
- Caraco, a woman's jacket of the 18th century.
- Chef's jacket
- Dinner jacket, part of the black-tie dress code of evening formal wear. Also known as a Dinner suit and a Tuxedo.
- Donkey jacket
- Doublet (clothing)
- Down jacket, a quilted jacket filled with down feathers
- Duffle coat
- Duster coat
- Eisenhower jacket, a waist-length, fitted, military-inspired jacket with a waistband based on the World War II British Army's Battle Dress jacket introduced by General Dwight Eisenhower
- Field jacket, a jacket that is worn by soldiers on the battlefield or doing duties in cold weather. The field jacket came about during World War 2 with the US Army introducing the M-1941 and the M-1943 field jacket and issued the jacket to their troops. The most well-known and the most popular type of military field jacket that is on the market today is the M-1965 or M-65 field jacket which came into US military service in 1965
- Flak jacket
- Flannel jacket
- Fleece jacket, a casual jacket made of synthetic wool such as Polar Fleece
- Flight jacket, also known as a bomber jacket
- Gilet, a gilet is a sleeveless jacket or vest.
- Harrington jacket, a lightweight waist-length jacket
- Jean jacket or denim jacket, a jacket falling slightly below the waist, usually of denim, with buttoned band cuffs like a shirt and a waistband that can be adjusted by means of buttons. Also called Levi's jacket (see Levi's)
- Kilt jacket, one of several styles of traditional Scottish jacket worn with the kilt, including the Argyll jacket, the Prince Charlie jacket, and a type of tweed jacket
- Mess jacket or eton jacket, similar to a tailcoat but cut off just below the waist. Worn as part of mess dress and formerly as the school uniform of boys under 5'4" at Eton College until 1976 and at many other English schools, particularly choir schools
- Lab coat, a knee-length simple coat, almost always white, worn by scientists, students and researchers in laboratories
- Leather jacket, also known as a motorcycle jacket
- Life jacket
- Manteau, a loose cloak or mantle, often used to refer to the long overcoats worn by women in Iran
- Mess jacket, a nearly waist-length fitted formal coat worn as full-dress military uniform evening wear, especially in the British Army. Often brightly colored and trimmed.
- Motorcycle jacket, a leather jacket, usually black, worn by motorcycle riders; originally to mid-thigh, now usually to a fitted waist
- Morning coat, a man's sports jacket worn in morning dress
- Nehru jacket
- Norfolk jacket
- Pea coat, a heavy wool double-breasted hip-length jacket worn by sailors, or a coat styled like this
- Peplum jacket, a jacket featuring a short overskirt
- Rain jacket, a short rain coat
- Raincoat, a water-resistant or water proof coat, often belted
- Reefing jacket or reefer, a type of pea coat
- reversible jacket
- Riding jacket, part of a riding habit
- Sailor jacket
- Satin jacket, a type of ball jacket made of satin and popular in the 1950s
- Smoking jacket
- Spencer, a high-waisted jacket dating to the Regency period
- Sport coat (US) or Sports jacket (UK), a tailored jacket, similar in cut to a suit coat but more utilitarian, originally casual wear for hunting, riding, and other outdoor sports; specific types include a shooting jacket and hacking jacket
- Suit jacket
- Varsity jacket also known as a letter jacket or letterman jacket
- Windbreaker (N. American, Japan) or windcheater (UK)
- Tracksuit jacket
- Vacuum jacket (Chemistry)
See also 
The Venture Bros.: Jacket Music Video
Shallow Gravy's self-lauded single that best-represents a whole generation, "Jacket."
The Jacket Trailer
Trailer for the movie 'The Jacket'. Starring Brad Renfro, Adrien Brody and Keira Knightley. For more information on Brad Renfro visit http://www.bradrenfro.org.
The Secrets of the Little Black Jacket by Chanel
full metal jacket ita
full metal jacket in italiano.
Full Metal Jacket
The story of an 18-year-old marine recruit named Private Joker - from his carnage-and-machismo boot camp to his climactic involvement in the heavy fighting in Hue during the 1968 Tet Offensive. MPAA Rating: R (c) 1987 Warner Bros. All Rights Reserved.
Full Metal Jacket Clip
Full Metal Jacket Clip All Rights Of This Clip Go To Warner Bros. Pictures.
The jacket - Inside CHANEL
In Chapter 4, discover how Gabrielle Chanel created the iconic CHANEL jacket. Characterized by both masculine and feminine features, the casual but elegant s...
Cake - Short Skirt/Long Jacket
Music video by Cake performing Short Skirt/Long Jacket. (C) 2001 SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT.
The Jacket is a 2005 psychological thriller, directed by John Maybury partly based on the Jack London novel, The Star Rover. After miraculously recovering fr...
The Jacket (2005) Trailer
A Gulf war veteran is wrongly sent to a mental institution for insane criminals, where he becomes the object of a Doctor's experiences, and his life is compl...
Thu, 23 May 2013 08:06:06 -0700
Denim jackets have always been a fair-weather trend and they are also very versatile — in fact, both stars are sporting the same exact jacket in two totally different ways. Ashley sported the denim jacket with a laid-back look consisting of a ...
Thu, 23 May 2013 02:07:47 -0700
George Sidler is like most husbands and fathers. He worries about his family's safety. And that is why he recently ditched his entire family's old iPhone cases, and replaced it with something called the Yellow Jacket. A 650,000 volt stun gun, in the ...
Wed, 22 May 2013 18:44:06 -0700
Don Cherry channels The Strokes with his jacket. By Pat Iversen on May 22 2013, 9:38p @PatIversen +. Stay connected with SB Nation Follow @sbnation. Either that or a poisonous frog. Share on Facebook · Tweet post; ⋆ Recs (2); + Comments ...
Bay News 9
Thu, 23 May 2013 10:42:55 -0700
Bring your old, tired, mustard-stained life jacket to Success Lake between 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Friday at the Tule Recreation Area to receive a fresh, new U.S. Coast Guard-approved type III life jacket in return — courtesy of the California Department of ...
Columbus Alive (blog)
Thu, 23 May 2013 13:08:36 -0700
The Blue Jackets just missed their second-ever playoff appearance — on the last day of the season, no less — and the stellar play in goal of netminder Sergei "Bob" Bobrovsky was a key reason. Now, Bob has a shot at making the cover of EA Sports ...
Thu, 23 May 2013 12:04:44 -0700
GENEVA, N.Y. — Red Jacket Juice, a premium line of fresh 100% fruit juices, cold-pressed at Red Jacket Orchards in Geneva, NY (the Finger Lakes Region), is expanding into more than 130 Tops Friendly Markets Locations. Red Jacket Orchards, a third ...
Union Daily Times
Thu, 23 May 2013 12:03:18 -0700
Former Jacket excels at SMC, tapped for All Region team. by Tiffany Grady-Hudgins Sports Editor Union Daily Times. May 23, 2013 | 0 views | 0 0 comments | 1 1 recommendations | email to a friend | print. Logan Wade, a former Union County High School ...
Wed, 22 May 2013 11:54:11 -0700
Goldsboro, N.C. — Goldsboro police arrested a 16-year-old Wednesday on charges he stole a rifle, scope, watch and jacket from a parked car. The victim reported his car was broken into on March 16 while parked in the 700 block of West Chestnut Street.
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
You can talk about Jacket with people all over the world in our discussions.