|Official name||Iqbal Day|
|Also called||Yōm-e Welādat-e Muḥammad Iqbāl|
|Type||Since this year its just a holiday celebrated in KPK only.|
|Next time||9 November 2016|
Iqbal Day (Urdu: یوم اقبال; Yōm-e Iqbāl) is the birthday of Muhammad Iqbal on 9 November. The day is no longer a public holiday in Pakistan it is ghul holiday in KPK. Iqbal, a poet and philosopher, was a great inspiration for the Pakistan Movement.
Iqbal day is organized and celebrated on 9 November around the whole world to tribute to Iqbal, the "Poet of the East" every year. Iqbal was born on 9 November 1877 in Sialkot, within the Punjab Province of British India (now in Pakistan). He died on 21 April 1938 in Lahore, Punjab, British India. The Pakistan government officially declared him the national poet.
- "National Holiday November 9". Brecorder.com. 2010-11-06. Retrieved 2012-01-24.
- "Seminar on Allama Iqbal held at Preston University". Preston.Edu.PK. Retrieved 2012-08-13.
- "Literary symposium held on Iqbal Day in US". Geo.TV. 2011-04-26. Retrieved 2012-08-13.
- "Allama Iqbal’s 73rd death anniversary observed with reverence". Pakistan Today. 2011-04-21. Retrieved 2012-08-14.
- "Iqbal". Iqbal Academy Pakistan. Retrieved 2012-08-14.
- http://www.dawn.com/news/1210802, Biography of Javed Iqbal and info on Muneeb Iqbal on Dawn, Karachi newspaper, Retrieved 30 April 2016