Open Joint Stock Company «Ilyushin Aviation Complex» , operating as Ilyushin (Ilyushin) (Russian: Илью́шин) or Ilyushin Design Bureau, is a Russian design bureau and aircraft manufacturer, founded by Sergey Vladimirovich Ilyushin. Ilyushin was established under the Soviet Union. Its operations began on January 13, 1933, by order of P. I. Baranov, People's Commissar of the Heavy Industry and the Head of the Main Department of Aviation Industry. In Soviet/Russian nomenclature, aircraft from Ilyushin are prefixed Il. The head office of Ilyushin is located in Aeroport District, Northern Administrative Okrug, Moscow.
Aviation Industries Ilyushin is a subsidiary established in 1992 to act as Ilyushin's marketing and customer service arm.
Ilyushin has developed aircraft for widely varying roles over the years. The Russian government has merged Ilyushin with Mikoyan, Irkut, Sukhoi, Tupolev, and Yakovlev under a new company named United Aircraft Corporation.
3.7.2014 and 25.7.2014 information from Board of Directors OAO Il about integration between Ilyushin and Myasishchev.
Notable Ilyushin aircraft include:
- I-21 fighter, 1936.
- Il-1 fighter prototype, 1944.
- Il-2 Shturmovik ground-attack aircraft, NATO codename "Bark", 1939, most-produced military aircraft of all time.
- Il-8, ground-attack prototype, 1943.
- Il-10 Shturmovik, ground-attack aircraft, NATO codename "Beast", 1944.
- Il-16 ground attack prototype developed from the Il-10, 1945.
- Il-20 (1948) ground attack prototype, 1948.
- Il-40 "Brawny" jet-powered ground-attack prototype, 1953.
- Il-102 experimental jet-powered ground-attack aircraft, project cancelled, 1982.
- DB-3 long-range bomber, 1935.
- Il-4 "Bob" bomber/torpedo bomber developed from the DB-3, 1938.
- DB-4 long-range bomber, 1940.
- Il-6 long-range bomber prototype developed from the Il-4, 1942.
- Il-22 jet-powered bomber prototype, 1947.
- Il-28 "Beagle" and "Mascot" medium bomber/trainer, 1949.
- Il-30 tactical swept-wing bomber prototype developed from the Il-28, 1951.
- Il-46 jet-powered bomber prototype developed from the Il-30, 1952.
- Il-54 "Blowlamp" supersonic bomber prototype, 1955.
- Il-14 "Crate" twin-engined airliner developed from the Il-12, 1950.
- Il-18 "Clam" (1946) four-engined airliner prototype, 1946.
- Il-18 "Coot" turboprop airliner, 1958.
- Il-62 "Classic" long range jet airliner, 1962.
- Il-86 "Camber" medium-range wide-body jet airliner, 1977.
- Il-96 long-haul widebody airliner developed from the Il-86, 1988.
- Il-98 aerial refuelling variant of the Il-96.
- Il-100 light multi-purpose aircraft.
- Il-108 business jet prototype, project abandoned, 1990.
- Il-114 regional aircraft, 1999.
- Irkut MC-21 developmental short- to and mid-range jet airliner.
- Il-20M "Coot-A" ELINT/radar reconnaissance version of the Il-18
- Il-22 "Coot-B" airborne command post version of the Il-18.
- Il-24 "Coot-C" ice reconnaissance version similar to Il-20M, 1948.
- Il-38 "May" maritime patrol/anti-submarine warfare aircraft developed from the Il-18, 1971.
- Il-140 AWACS version of Il-114.
- A-50 Shmel (from Beriev), an AWACS variant of the Il-76, NATO codename "Mainstay", 1978.
- A-100 Premier (from Beriev), an AWACS variant of the Il-76MD-90A.
- Il-26 long-range bomber project, 1947.
- Il-36 Prototype
- Il-42 ground attack project
- Il-52 flying wing bomber project.
- Il-56 bomber project.
- Il-64 airliner project.
- Il-66 (1959) supersonic transport (SST) project, 1959.
- Il-66 military transport project.
- Il-70 short-haul airliner project, 1961.
- Il-72 supersonic airliner project developed from the Il-66, 1961.
- Il-72 (1964) medium-haul airliner project, 1964.
- Il-74 airliner project, 1966.
- Il-84 search and rescue variant of the Il-76, project cancelled, 1989.
- Il-90 proposed long-haul airliner, 1988.
- Il-118 proposed twin turboprop engine version of Il-18.
- Il-196 long range airliner project.
- A-60 experimental airborne laser laboratory developed from the Il-76MD, 1981.
||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ilyushin.
Russian Air Force Ilyushin IL-76 Screaming Loud Departure from Boston Logan!!
I think this is the loudest take-off I have ever heard, wow!!! This plane is kind of a beast - but very cool and the first time I have seen one! This Russian...
2x Ilyushin Il-96 landing with President Putin at Hannover (RA-96016 & RA-96017)
Vladimir Putin came with two Ilyushin Il-96 to Hannover Airport to open the Hannover Fair together with Angela Merkel, Chancellor of Germany. The first Il-96...
Ilyushin IL-76 strong Crosswind landing. Unbelieveable Russian Pilot skills ! (Watch in HD!)
I was just about to leave this location already, because I thought that there is now way for an airplane to land during these stormy weather conditions. But ...
МЧС России Ilyushin Il-62M [RA-86570] Engine Start Up, Taxi, and Takeoff
What a surprise! Came into LAX for a special medical mission. This aircraft belongs to the Russian government and is categorized as "Airplanes of Ministry fo...
Flying Air Koryo Ilyushin IL-18 to Samjiyon, visiting Mount Paektu
Day 3 of JTS North Korea Aviation Tour, flying IL-18 to Samjiyon, ramp tour, lunch and presentation at the airport follow by sightseeing around sacred Mount ...
Ilyushin IL-18 Aborted take off
An Ilyushin IL-18 Coot ( Alada D2-FFR) Operated by DHL aborts takeoff from the 8202 ft long airstrip at Cabinda, West Africa. The pilot has done an excellent...
Aeroflot Ilyushin IL-96 Landing at Istanbul, Turkey - Window View
Window view from Aeroflot Ilyushin IL-96-300 RA-96010 during landing at Istanbul Ataturk Airport (IST), Turkey. Operating flight SU2130 from Moscow Sheremety...
THE SIGHT & THE SOUND 2/3 : Grixona IL-18 ER-ICB inflight documentary low pass stunt in Balti
During an aviation charter of this Ilyushin 18 on April 4, 2009, the crew performed a real stunt. A gears-in low pass just a few metres above the ground. If ...
Cargospotter HD - Aviation Review of Year 2014 - Airbus, Boeing, Antonov, Ilyushin ...
Featured planes: Boeing 707, Boeing 727, Boeing 737, Boeing 747, Boeing 757, Boeing 767, Boeing 777, Airbus A300, Airbus A310, Airbus A330, Airbus A340, Airbus A380, Airbus A400, McDonnel ...
Ilyushin Il-86 - first Soviet wide-body airliner
Sat, 22 Nov 2014 09:48:45 -0800
The Il-76MD-90A, a heavily modernized variant of the Il-76 multi-purpose cargo plane, has been delivered to its customer, Rossiyskaya Gazeta has reported. The plane is the first of many expected to be delivered to customers over the next several years.
IHS Jane's 360
IHS Jane's 360
Thu, 11 Dec 2014 07:30:11 -0800
Russia's Ilyushin has started to upgrade a first Russian Air Force (VVS) Ilyushin Il-76MD 'Candid' military transport aircraft to Il-76MDM standard, company officials have told IHS Jane's . The main features of the upgrade include refurbished engines ...
Thu, 18 Dec 2014 11:12:15 -0800
The most common bombers and jet fighters include Tu-95 (NATO designation – Bear), Tu-22M, Su-34, Su-27, Su-24, MiG-31s and Ilyushin Il-76 and Antonov An-26 multi-purpose aircraft. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org. CONNECT 24 TWEET 24 ...
The Seattle Times
Wed, 17 Dec 2014 12:36:14 -0800
According to FlightGlobal's Ascend Fleets aviation database, it includes four 262-seat Ilyushin Il-96-300 long-haul aircraft, four 224-seat Tupolev Tu-204 medium-range aircraft, and five smaller 99-seat Antonov An-158 regional jets. Cubana also ...
The Aviationist (blog)
Wed, 17 Dec 2014 08:06:59 -0800
As reported by Russian media outlets, in an interview with Ekho Moskvy radio station, Vladislav Goncharenko, deputy head of the military aviation programmes department at UAC (the a Russian holding which encompasses Irkut, Mikoyan, Sukhoi, Ilyushin, ...
IHS Jane's 360
IHS Jane's 360
Thu, 18 Dec 2014 02:10:12 -0800
With its current strategic transport inventory made of the Soviet-era Ilyushin Il-76 'Candid' platforms, and with its tactical C-130H Hercules platforms having been procured from the United States in the early 1980s, Algeria has been looking to update ...
International Business Times AU
International Business Times AU
Tue, 02 Dec 2014 05:41:15 -0800
A video has been released by the Norwegian Armed Forces that showed just how a Russian fighter jet from out of nowhere suddenly zoomed in front of one of two Norwegian aircraft. It could have been a potential aviation disaster that could seal the fate ...
Mon, 15 Dec 2014 07:45:00 -0800
Russia Plane Ilyushin 20 Kirill Naumenko/Wikimedia CommonsA Russian Air Force Ilyushin-20. Photo taken in January 2012. A civilian plane, en route from Denmark to Poland, almost collided with a Russian spyplane minutes after departure, Swedish ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
Digplanet also receives support from Searchlight Group.