Open Joint Stock Company «Ilyushin Aviation Complex» , operating as Ilyushin (Ilyushin) (Russian: Илью́шин) or Ilyushin Design Bureau, is a Russian design bureau and aircraft manufacturer, founded by Sergey Vladimirovich Ilyushin. Ilyushin was established under the Soviet Union. Its operations began on January 13, 1933, by order of P. I. Baranov, People's Commissar of the Heavy Industry and the Head of the Main Department of Aviation Industry. In Soviet/Russian nomenclature, aircraft from Ilyushin are prefixed Il. The head office of Ilyushin is located in Aeroport District, Northern Administrative Okrug, Moscow.
Aviation Industries Ilyushin is a subsidiary established in 1992 to act as Ilyushin's marketing and customer service arm.
Ilyushin has developed aircraft for widely varying roles over the years. The Russian government has merged Ilyushin with Mikoyan, Irkut, Sukhoi, Tupolev, and Yakovlev under a new company named United Aircraft Corporation.
3.7.2014 and 25.7.2014 information from Board of Directors OAO Il about integration between Ilyushin and Myasishchev.
Notable Ilyushin aircraft include:
- I-21 fighter, 1936.
- Il-1 fighter prototype, 1944.
- Il-2 Shturmovik ground-attack aircraft, NATO codename "Bark", 1939, most-produced military aircraft of all time.
- Il-8, ground-attack prototype, 1943.
- Il-10 Shturmovik, ground-attack aircraft, NATO codename "Beast", 1944.
- Il-16 ground attack prototype developed from the Il-10, 1945.
- Il-20 (1948) ground attack prototype, 1948.
- Il-40 "Brawny" jet-powered ground-attack prototype, 1953.
- Il-102 experimental jet-powered ground-attack aircraft, project cancelled, 1982.
- DB-3 long-range bomber, 1935.
- Il-4 "Bob" bomber/torpedo bomber developed from the DB-3, 1938.
- DB-4 long-range bomber, 1940.
- Il-6 long-range bomber prototype developed from the Il-4, 1942.
- Il-22 jet-powered bomber prototype, 1947.
- Il-28 "Beagle" and "Mascot" medium bomber/trainer, 1949.
- Il-30 tactical swept-wing bomber prototype developed from the Il-28, 1951.
- Il-46 jet-powered bomber prototype developed from the Il-30, 1952.
- Il-54 "Blowlamp" supersonic bomber prototype, 1955.
- Il-14 "Crate" twin-engined airliner developed from the Il-12, 1950.
- Il-18 "Clam" (1946) four-engined airliner prototype, 1946.
- Il-18 "Coot" turboprop airliner, 1958.
- Il-62 "Classic" long range jet airliner, 1962.
- Il-86 "Camber" medium-range wide-body jet airliner, 1977.
- Il-96 long-haul widebody airliner developed from the Il-86, 1988.
- Il-98 aerial refuelling variant of the Il-96.
- Il-100 light multi-purpose aircraft.
- Il-108 business jet prototype, project abandoned, 1990.
- Il-114 regional aircraft, 1999.
- Irkut MC-21 developmental short- to and mid-range jet airliner.
- Il-20M "Coot-A" ELINT/radar reconnaissance version of the Il-18
- Il-22 "Coot-B" airborne command post version of the Il-18.
- Il-24 "Coot-C" ice reconnaissance version similar to Il-20M, 1948.
- Il-38 "May" maritime patrol/anti-submarine warfare aircraft developed from the Il-18, 1971.
- Il-140 AWACS version of Il-114.
- A-50 Shmel (from Beriev), an AWACS variant of the Il-76, NATO codename "Mainstay", 1978.
- A-100 Premier (from Beriev), an AWACS variant of the Il-76MD-90A.
- Il-26 long-range bomber project, 1947.
- Il-36 Prototype
- Il-42 ground attack project
- Il-52 flying wing bomber project.
- Il-56 bomber project.
- Il-64 airliner project.
- Il-66 (1959) supersonic transport (SST) project, 1959.
- Il-66 military transport project.
- Il-70 short-haul airliner project, 1961.
- Il-72 supersonic airliner project developed from the Il-66, 1961.
- Il-72 (1964) medium-haul airliner project, 1964.
- Il-74 airliner project, 1966.
- Il-84 search and rescue variant of the Il-76, project cancelled, 1989.
- Il-90 proposed long-haul airliner, 1988.
- Il-118 proposed twin turboprop engine version of Il-18.
- Il-196 long range airliner project.
- A-60 experimental airborne laser laboratory developed from the Il-76MD, 1981.
||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ilyushin.
2x Ilyushin Il-96 landing with President Putin at Hannover (RA-96016 & RA-96017)
Vladimir Putin came with two Ilyushin Il-96 to Hannover Airport to open the Hannover Fair together with Angela Merkel, Chancellor of Germany. The first Il-96...
Russian Air Force Ilyushin IL-76 Screaming Loud Departure from Boston Logan!!
I think this is the loudest take-off I have ever heard, wow!!! This plane is kind of a beast - but very cool and the first time I have seen one! This Russian...
МЧС России Ilyushin Il-62M [RA-86570] Engine Start Up, Taxi, and Takeoff
What a surprise! Came into LAX for a special medical mission. This aircraft belongs to the Russian government and is categorized as "Airplanes of Ministry fo...
Ilyushin IL-76 strong Crosswind landing. Unbelieveable Russian Pilot skills ! (Watch in HD!)
I was just about to leave this location already, because I thought that there is now way for an airplane to land during these stormy weather conditions. But ...
Ilyushin Il-86 - first Soviet wide-body airliner
THE SIGHT & THE SOUND 2/3 : Grixona IL-18 ER-ICB inflight documentary low pass stunt in Balti
During an aviation charter of this Ilyushin 18 on April 4, 2009, the crew performed a real stunt. A gears-in low pass just a few metres above the ground. If ...
Ilyushin IL-76TD ил 76 Takeoff [HD]
Ilyushin Il-76TD, ил 76 (NATO: Candid) RA-76446 take off at Manises VL (10-10-2012) Many Thanks to BallesValencia Camera: Panasonic DMC FZ150. Visit my blog:...
Ilyushin IL-28 Beagle (Rare Videos)
artist / song: 1.Hans Zimmer - Time (Orkidea's Dream Mix) 2.Hans Zimmer - Time (Orkidea's Awake Mix) ___Cut Inserted in First Song___ 3.Myon & Shane 54 feat....
Aeroflot Ilyushin IL-96 Landing at Istanbul, Turkey - Window View
Window view from Aeroflot Ilyushin IL-96-300 RA-96010 during landing at Istanbul Ataturk Airport (IST), Turkey. Operating flight SU2130 from Moscow Sheremety...
Ilyushin IL-18 Aborted take off
An Ilyushin IL-18 Coot ( Alada D2-FFR) Operated by DHL aborts takeoff from the 8202 ft long airstrip at Cabinda, West Africa. The pilot has done an excellent...
Sat, 22 Nov 2014 09:52:04 -0800
The Il-76MD-90A, a heavily modernized variant of the Il-76 multi-purpose cargo plane, has been delivered to its customer, Rossiyskaya Gazeta has reported. The plane is the first of many expected to be delivered to customers over the next several years.
Thu, 13 Nov 2014 07:33:52 -0800
MOSCOW, November 13. /TASS/. New airlifter Ilyushin-76MD-90A has completed flight testing and is now getting prepared for a handover to a research and development group in the southern Russian city of Taganrog where a remote radar tracking aircraft ...
Sydney Morning Herald
Sydney Morning Herald
Thu, 13 Nov 2014 11:15:54 -0800
Amsterdam: Two Dutch F-16 fighter jets, part of a NATO force patrolling the skies above the Baltic states, intercepted a Russian Ilyushin transport aircraft flying near Estonian and Lithuanian airspace, the Netherlands said on Thursday. After the ...
The National Interest Online
The National Interest Online
Sun, 23 Nov 2014 15:48:45 -0800
NATO F-16 jets intercepted a Russian Ilyushin transport plane over the Baltic Sea on November 12, after it “approached” Estonian and Lithuanian airspace. Similar incidents took place between NATO aircraft and Russian Su-27 fighter planes on November 15 ...
IHS Jane's 360
Fri, 21 Nov 2014 04:56:15 -0800
ULYANOVSK, November 21. /TASS/. The Taganrog-based Beriyev Aviation Scientific-Technical Complex (TANTK) on Friday will receive the first series Ilyushin Il-76MD-90A Ulyanovsk plane for making an advanced airborne warning and control system ...
The Durango Herald
Thu, 20 Nov 2014 09:03:45 -0800
The most serious incident happened on Oct. 21, when a Russian Ilyushin-20 surveillance aircraft crossed into Estonia's airspace for about a minute near the island of Saaremaa. Estonia summoned Russia's ambassador to lodge a formal complaint. Latvia.
Thu, 20 Nov 2014 05:55:24 -0800
In March, a Scandinavian Airlines passenger jet taking off from Copenhagen Airport nearly collided with a Russian Ilyushin-20 surveillance aircraft. Swedish investigators said the incident occurred in international airspace but that the Russian plane ...
Fri, 21 Nov 2014 18:27:15 -0800
As a ticketholder on a future VG flight, I have written my share of stories about training – at Mach 2.6 to 84,000 feet in a Russian MiG-25, a parabolic weightlessness flight in an Ilyushin 76 – even supersonic aerobatics over South Africa in an old ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
Digplanet also receives support from Searchlight Group.