Open Joint Stock Company «Ilyushin Aviation Complex» , operating as Ilyushin (Ilyushin) (Russian: Илью́шин) or Ilyushin Design Bureau, is a Russian design bureau and aircraft manufacturer, founded by Sergey Vladimirovich Ilyushin. Ilyushin was established under the Soviet Union. Its operations began on January 13, 1933, by order of P. I. Baranov, People's Commissar of the Heavy Industry and the Head of the Main Department of Aviation Industry. In Soviet/Russian nomenclature, aircraft from Ilyushin are prefixed Il. The head office of Ilyushin is located in Aeroport District, Northern Administrative Okrug, Moscow.
Aviation Industries Ilyushin is a subsidiary established in 1992 to act as Ilyushin's marketing and customer service arm.
Ilyushin has developed aircraft for widely varying roles over the years. The Russian government has merged Ilyushin with Mikoyan, Irkut, Sukhoi, Tupolev, and Yakovlev under a new company named United Aircraft Corporation.
3.7.2014 and 25.7.2014 information from Board of Directors OAO Il about integration between Ilyushin and Myasishchev.
Notable Ilyushin aircraft include:
- I-21 fighter, 1936.
- Il-1 fighter prototype, 1944.
- Il-2 Shturmovik ground-attack aircraft, NATO codename "Bark", 1939, most-produced military aircraft of all time.
- Il-8, ground-attack prototype, 1943.
- Il-10 Shturmovik, ground-attack aircraft, NATO codename "Beast", 1944.
- Il-16 ground attack prototype developed from the Il-10, 1945.
- Il-20 (1948) ground attack prototype, 1948.
- Il-40 "Brawny" jet-powered ground-attack prototype, 1953.
- Il-102 experimental jet-powered ground-attack aircraft, project cancelled, 1982.
- DB-3 long-range bomber, 1935.
- Il-4 "Bob" bomber/torpedo bomber developed from the DB-3, 1938.
- DB-4 long-range bomber, 1940.
- Il-6 long-range bomber prototype developed from the Il-4, 1942.
- Il-22 jet-powered bomber prototype, 1947.
- Il-28 "Beagle" and "Mascot" medium bomber/trainer, 1949.
- Il-30 tactical swept-wing bomber prototype developed from the Il-28, 1951.
- Il-46 jet-powered bomber prototype developed from the Il-30, 1952.
- Il-54 "Blowlamp" supersonic bomber prototype, 1955.
- Il-14 "Crate" twin-engined airliner developed from the Il-12, 1950.
- Il-18 "Clam" (1946) four-engined airliner prototype, 1946.
- Il-18 "Coot" turboprop airliner, 1958.
- Il-62 "Classic" long range jet airliner, 1962.
- Il-86 "Camber" medium-range wide-body jet airliner, 1977.
- Il-96 long-haul widebody airliner developed from the Il-86, 1988.
- Il-98 aerial refuelling variant of the Il-96.
- Il-100 light multi-purpose aircraft.
- Il-108 business jet prototype, project abandoned, 1990.
- Il-114 regional aircraft, 1999.
- Irkut MC-21 developmental short- to and mid-range jet airliner.
- Il-20M "Coot-A" ELINT/radar reconnaissance version of the Il-18
- Il-22 "Coot-B" airborne command post version of the Il-18.
- Il-24 "Coot-C" ice reconnaissance version similar to Il-20M, 1948.
- Il-38 "May" maritime patrol/anti-submarine warfare aircraft developed from the Il-18, 1971.
- Il-140 AWACS version of Il-114.
- A-50 Shmel (from Beriev), an AWACS variant of the Il-76, NATO codename "Mainstay", 1978.
- A-100 Premier (from Beriev), an AWACS variant of the Il-76MD-90A.
- Il-26 long-range bomber project, 1947.
- Il-36 Prototype
- Il-42 ground attack project
- Il-52 flying wing bomber project.
- Il-56 bomber project.
- Il-64 airliner project.
- Il-66 (1959) supersonic transport (SST) project, 1959.
- Il-66 military transport project.
- Il-70 short-haul airliner project, 1961.
- Il-72 supersonic airliner project developed from the Il-66, 1961.
- Il-72 (1964) medium-haul airliner project, 1964.
- Il-74 airliner project, 1966.
- Il-84 search and rescue variant of the Il-76, project cancelled, 1989.
- Il-90 proposed long-haul airliner, 1988.
- Il-118 proposed twin turboprop engine version of Il-18.
- Il-196 long range airliner project.
- A-60 experimental airborne laser laboratory developed from the Il-76MD, 1981.
||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ilyushin.
I Know Today
I Know Today
Thu, 23 Oct 2014 06:18:09 -0700
NATO has intercepted a Russian spy plane over the Baltic Sea. The interception represents a major issue, since there have been heightened tensions in the area. Estonia contacted the Russian ambassador on October 22, after the Ilyushin-20 plane entered ...
Thu, 23 Oct 2014 01:03:45 -0700
A Russian spy plane has been intercepted by Nato jets over the Baltic Sea, the alliance says, amid heightened tensions in the region. Estonia summoned Russia's ambassador on Wednesday after its military said the Ilyushin-20 plane had entered its ...
Russia Beyond the Headlines
Mon, 06 Oct 2014 09:31:53 -0700
The problem was solved by Sergei Ilyushin, who dropped the idea of fitting sheets that only added weight and decided to structure the plane itself from steel armor. The resulting Ilyushin Il-2 was designed so that the engine, cooling system, fuel tanks ...
Thu, 23 Oct 2014 16:00:36 -0700
Swedish forces then took over pursuit when the Russian plane flew into Estonia. According to the Financial Times, an official claims that the Russian plane, an Ilyushin-20, flew more than 500m into the country's airspace. It was over the large ...
Tue, 21 Oct 2014 09:52:30 -0700
According to CTV News, the Latvian National Armed Forces says that NATO F-16 jets were “scrambled to intercept Russian jets in the area, including a Russian Ilyushin-20 surveillance aircraft. The alleged sightings of these Russian jets have been made ...
Wed, 22 Oct 2014 11:45:19 -0700
BRUSSELS — NATO fighter jets intercepted a Russian spy plane over the Baltic Sea after it breached Estonian airspace, the alliance said Wednesday in the latest of such incidents amid tensions with Moscow over Ukraine. The Ilyushin IL-20 “intelligence ...
Wed, 22 Oct 2014 18:20:49 -0700
A partir da década de 1920, chefes militares do mundo inteiro procuravam uma aeronave que pudesse fornecer apoio direto às tropas no campo de batalha. Mas os projetistas que competiam para criar esse veículo eram prejudicados pelo peso do “tanque ...
Thu, 23 Oct 2014 05:22:30 -0700
Fighters were scrambled from Lithuania-where NATO's Baltic air policing force is stationed-and from Denmark and Sweden as the aircraft, an Ilyushin 20 "Coot," armed with an array of high-tech surveillance and electronic warfare equipment, circled the ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter