Open Joint Stock Company «Ilyushin Aviation Complex» , operating as Ilyushin (Ilyushin) (Russian: Илью́шин) or Ilyushin Design Bureau, is a Russian design bureau and aircraft manufacturer, founded by Sergey Vladimirovich Ilyushin. Ilyushin was established under the Soviet Union. Its operations began on January 13, 1933, by order of P. I. Baranov, People's Commissar of the Heavy Industry and the Head of the Main Department of Aviation Industry. In Soviet/Russian nomenclature, aircraft from Ilyushin are prefixed Il. The head office of Ilyushin is located in Aeroport District, Northern Administrative Okrug, Moscow.
Aviation Industries Ilyushin is a subsidiary established in 1992 to act as Ilyushin's marketing and customer service arm.
Ilyushin has developed aircraft for widely varying roles over the years. The Russian government has merged Ilyushin with Mikoyan, Irkut, Sukhoi, Tupolev, and Yakovlev under a new company named United Aircraft Corporation.
Notable Ilyushin aircraft include:
- I-21 fighter, 1936.
- Il-1 fighter prototype, 1944.
- Il-2 Shturmovik ground-attack aircraft, NATO codename "Bark", 1939, most-produced military aircraft of all time.
- Il-8, ground-attack prototype, 1943.
- Il-10 Shturmovik, ground-attack aircraft, NATO codename "Beast", 1944.
- Il-16 ground attack prototype developed from the Il-10, 1945.
- Il-20 (1948) ground attack prototype, 1948.
- Il-40 "Brawny" jet-powered ground-attack prototype, 1953.
- Il-102 experimental jet-powered ground-attack aircraft, project cancelled, 1982.
- DB-3 long-range bomber, 1935.
- Il-4 "Bob" bomber/torpedo bomber developed from the DB-3, 1938.
- DB-4 long-range bomber, 1940.
- Il-6 long-range bomber prototype developed from the Il-4, 1942.
- Il-22 jet-powered bomber prototype, 1947.
- Il-28 "Beagle" and "Mascot" medium bomber/trainer, 1949.
- Il-30 tactical swept-wing bomber prototype developed from the Il-28, 1951.
- Il-46 jet-powered bomber prototype developed from the Il-30, 1952.
- Il-54 "Blowlamp" supersonic bomber prototype, 1955.
- Il-14 "Crate" twin-engined airliner developed from the Il-12, 1950.
- Il-18 "Clam" (1946) four-engined airliner prototype, 1946.
- Il-18 "Coot" turboprop airliner, 1958.
- Il-62 "Classic" long range jet airliner, 1962.
- Il-86 "Camber" medium-range wide-body jet airliner, 1977.
- Il-96 long-haul widebody airliner developed from the Il-86, 1988.
- Il-98 aerial refuelling variant of the Il-96.
- Il-100 light multi-purpose aircraft.
- Il-108 business jet prototype, project abandoned, 1990.
- Il-114 regional aircraft, 1999.
- Il-20M "Coot-A" ELINT/radar reconnaissance version of the Il-18
- Il-22 "Coot-B" airborne command post version of the Il-18.
- Il-24 "Coot-C" ice reconnaissance version similar to Il-20M, 1948.
- Il-38 "May" maritime patrol/anti-submarine warfare aircraft developed from the Il-18, 1971.
- Il-140 AWACS version of Il-114.
- A-50 Shmel (from Beriev), an AWACS variant of the Il-76, NATO codename "Mainstay", 1978.
- Il-26 long-range bomber project, 1947.
- Il-36 Prototype
- Il-42 ground attack project
- Il-52 flying wing bomber project.
- Il-56 bomber project.
- Il-64 airliner project.
- Il-66 (1959) supersonic transport (SST) project, 1959.
- Il-66 military transport project.
- Il-70 short-haul airliner project, 1961.
- Il-72 supersonic airliner project developed from the Il-66, 1961.
- Il-72 (1964) medium-haul airliner project, 1964.
- Il-74 airliner project, 1966.
- Il-84 search and rescue variant of the Il-76, project cancelled, 1989.
- Il-90 proposed long-haul airliner, 1988.
- Il-118 proposed twin turboprop engine version of Il-18.
- Il-196 long range airliner project.
- A-60 experimental airborne laser laboratory developed from the Il-76MD, 1981.
- Irkut MS-21 experimental short- to and mid-range jet airliner.
Russian Air Force Ilyushin IL-76 Screaming Loud Departure from Boston Logan!!
I think this is the loudest take-off I have ever heard, wow!!! This plane is kind of a beast - but very cool and the first time I have seen one! This Russian...
МЧС России Ilyushin Il-62M [RA-86570] Engine Start Up, Taxi, and Takeoff
What a surprise! Came into LAX for a special medical mission. This aircraft belongs to the Russian government and is categorized as "Airplanes of Ministry fo...
Ilyushin 62 into Havana, Cuba!
Please visit our website at http://www.justplanes.com This is from the CUBANA Ilyushin 62 Cockpit DVD!
Aviation Highlights. Best of 2012 in HD. Boeing, Airbus, Ilyushin, Antonov and more...
First of all I would like to wish all my subscribers and everyone else who is following my videos all the best for 2013. 2012 was a great year and I decided ...
Air Koryo Ilyushin 62 Beijing-Pyongyang
Boarding, engine start, taxi, take off, in flight, meal, window views, landing. http://facebook.com/seriouslyfunnyphotography Please subscribe as I'll have m...
ILYUSHIN 18 into Mogadishu, SOMALIA
Please visit our website at http://www.justplanes.com This video is from the DAALLO ILYUSHIN 18 DVD!
Gigantic Airplane - Ilyushin Il-78 MKI - Amazing Stability
The Ilyushin Il-78 is a four-engined aerial refueling tanker based on the Il-76. Top speed: 850 km/h Wingspan: 50 m Length: 47 m Manufacturer: Ilyushin.
Ilyushin IL-76 strong Crosswind landing. Unbelieveable Russian Pilot skills ! (Watch in HD!)
I was just about to leave this location already, because I thought that there is now way for an airplane to land during these stormy weather conditions. But ...
Pyongyang to Samjiyon on an Ilyushin IL-18
Flying with Air Koryo.
Air Koryo Ilyushin IL-62M P-881 Engine Start & Takeoff, Beijing - Window View
Window view from Air Koryo IL-62M P-881 during engine start and takeoff at Beijing Capital Airport (PEK), China. Operating flight JS152 to Pyongyang (FNJ), D...
Fly Away Simulation
Fly Away Simulation
Sat, 01 Mar 2014 10:45:00 -0800
This is an update to the Kirill Konovalov Ilyushin IL-96M house demonstrator. Close up shot of Ilyushin Il-96M Demonstrator. The Il-96 400 VC was included in the model and the textures were converted to DDS by ricardo_tv. Original PW-2337 engine sounds ...
Russia & India Report
Wed, 12 Mar 2014 01:15:00 -0700
The airborne battalion has already boarded on military transport airplanes Ilyushin Il-76 at airfield Ivanovo-Severny for airlifting to airfield Tiksi. Meanwhile, paratroopers have loaded required material and equipment. The load weighs more than 30 ...
Mon, 10 Mar 2014 07:15:00 -0700
Join the mile high club without even leaving the ground in the Airplane Suite, a revamped 1960 Ilyushin 18 once used to transport East German officials during the Cold War. The single luxury suite for two, parked at Teuge Airport in the Netherlands ...
Tue, 11 Mar 2014 06:18:45 -0700
November 12, 1996: Boeing 747 run by Kazakhstan Airlines collided with an Ilyushin operated by Saudi Arabian Airlines. There were 349 casualties. Sources: Reuters, Flight Safety Foundation. For more news from Khaleej Times, follow us on Facebook at ...
Sat, 08 Mar 2014 22:33:45 -0800
January 18: A China Southwest Airlines Ilyushin 18D catches fire on approach in the southwestern city of Chongqing, killing all 108 people on board. 1982. April 26: All 112 people aboard a CAAC from flight Guangzhou to Guilin die when a Hawker Siddeley ...
Sun, 09 Mar 2014 09:07:30 -0700
The video clip showed 218 paratroopers from a Lviv-based unit on board an Ilyushin-76 military transporter and quoted one of them saying later that they had completed a training drill. But responding to media speculation about Ukraine's military plans ...
Mon, 10 Mar 2014 08:33:45 -0700
Gazpromavia belongs to Russia's gas monopoly Gazprom and operates charter flights, research flights and scheduled flights. Its commercial aircraft fleet includes Boeing 737-700, Dassault Falcon, Yakovlev Yak-42D, Tupolev Tu-134 and 154M and Ilyushin ...
Motley Fool Canada
Fri, 07 Mar 2014 07:33:45 -0800
This deal was expected to close later this year, as part of a larger U.S. $3.4 billion deal Bombardier made with Rostec (an industrial and defense conglomerate) and Ilyushin Finance Co for 100 Q400 turboprops. IMAX (TSX:IMX)(NYSE:IMAX) has also seen ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
You can talk about Ilyushin with people all over the world in our discussions.