Open Joint Stock Company «Ilyushin Aviation Complex» , operating as Ilyushin (Ilyushin) (Russian: Илью́шин) or Ilyushin Design Bureau, is a Russian design bureau and aircraft manufacturer, founded by Sergey Vladimirovich Ilyushin. Ilyushin was established under the Soviet Union. Its operations began on January 13, 1933, by order of P. I. Baranov, People's Commissar of the Heavy Industry and the Head of the Main Department of Aviation Industry. In Soviet/Russian nomenclature, aircraft from Ilyushin are prefixed Il. The head office of Ilyushin is located in Aeroport District, Northern Administrative Okrug, Moscow.
Aviation Industries Ilyushin is a subsidiary established in 1992 to act as Ilyushin's marketing and customer service arm.
Ilyushin has developed aircraft for widely varying roles over the years. The Russian government has merged Ilyushin with Mikoyan, Irkut, Sukhoi, Tupolev, and Yakovlev under a new company named United Aircraft Corporation.
3.7.2014 and 25.7.2014 information from Board of Directors OAO Il about integration between Ilyushin and Myasishchev.
Notable Ilyushin aircraft include:
- I-21 fighter, 1936.
- Il-1 fighter prototype, 1944.
- Il-2 Shturmovik ground-attack aircraft, NATO codename "Bark", 1939, most-produced military aircraft of all time.
- Il-8, ground-attack prototype, 1943.
- Il-10 Shturmovik, ground-attack aircraft, NATO codename "Beast", 1944.
- Il-16 ground attack prototype developed from the Il-10, 1945.
- Il-20 (1948) ground attack prototype, 1948.
- Il-40 "Brawny" jet-powered ground-attack prototype, 1953.
- Il-102 experimental jet-powered ground-attack aircraft, project cancelled, 1982.
- DB-3 long-range bomber, 1935.
- Il-4 "Bob" bomber/torpedo bomber developed from the DB-3, 1938.
- DB-4 long-range bomber, 1940.
- Il-6 long-range bomber prototype developed from the Il-4, 1942.
- Il-22 jet-powered bomber prototype, 1947.
- Il-28 "Beagle" and "Mascot" medium bomber/trainer, 1949.
- Il-30 tactical swept-wing bomber prototype developed from the Il-28, 1951.
- Il-46 jet-powered bomber prototype developed from the Il-30, 1952.
- Il-54 "Blowlamp" supersonic bomber prototype, 1955.
- Il-14 "Crate" twin-engined airliner developed from the Il-12, 1950.
- Il-18 "Clam" (1946) four-engined airliner prototype, 1946.
- Il-18 "Coot" turboprop airliner, 1958.
- Il-62 "Classic" long range jet airliner, 1962.
- Il-86 "Camber" medium-range wide-body jet airliner, 1977.
- Il-96 long-haul widebody airliner developed from the Il-86, 1988.
- Il-98 aerial refuelling variant of the Il-96.
- Il-100 light multi-purpose aircraft.
- Il-108 business jet prototype, project abandoned, 1990.
- Il-114 regional aircraft, 1999.
- Irkut MC-21 developmental short- to and mid-range jet airliner.
- Il-20M "Coot-A" ELINT/radar reconnaissance version of the Il-18
- Il-22 "Coot-B" airborne command post version of the Il-18.
- Il-24 "Coot-C" ice reconnaissance version similar to Il-20M, 1948.
- Il-38 "May" maritime patrol/anti-submarine warfare aircraft developed from the Il-18, 1971.
- Il-140 AWACS version of Il-114.
- A-50 Shmel (from Beriev), an AWACS variant of the Il-76, NATO codename "Mainstay", 1978.
- A-100 Premier (from Beriev), an AWACS variant of the Il-76MD-90A.
- Il-26 long-range bomber project, 1947.
- Il-36 Prototype
- Il-42 ground attack project
- Il-52 flying wing bomber project.
- Il-56 bomber project.
- Il-64 airliner project.
- Il-66 (1959) supersonic transport (SST) project, 1959.
- Il-66 military transport project.
- Il-70 short-haul airliner project, 1961.
- Il-72 supersonic airliner project developed from the Il-66, 1961.
- Il-72 (1964) medium-haul airliner project, 1964.
- Il-74 airliner project, 1966.
- Il-84 search and rescue variant of the Il-76, project cancelled, 1989.
- Il-90 proposed long-haul airliner, 1988.
- Il-118 proposed twin turboprop engine version of Il-18.
- Il-196 long range airliner project.
- A-60 experimental airborne laser laboratory developed from the Il-76MD, 1981.
||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ilyushin.
Russian Air Force Ilyushin IL-76 Screaming Loud Departure from Boston Logan!!
I think this is the loudest take-off I have ever heard, wow!!! This plane is kind of a beast - but very cool and the first time I have seen one! This Russian...
2x Ilyushin Il-96 landing with President Putin at Hannover (RA-96016 & RA-96017)
Vladimir Putin came with two Ilyushin Il-96 to Hannover Airport to open the Hannover Fair together with Angela Merkel, Chancellor of Germany. The first Il-96...
МЧС России Ilyushin Il-62M [RA-86570] Engine Start Up, Taxi, and Takeoff
What a surprise! Came into LAX for a special medical mission. This aircraft belongs to the Russian government and is categorized as "Airplanes of Ministry fo...
Aeroflot Ilyushin IL-96 Landing at Istanbul, Turkey - Window View
Window view from Aeroflot Ilyushin IL-96-300 RA-96010 during landing at Istanbul Ataturk Airport (IST), Turkey. Operating flight SU2130 from Moscow Sheremety...
Ilyushin IL-76 strong Crosswind landing. Unbelieveable Russian Pilot skills ! (Watch in HD!)
I was just about to leave this location already, because I thought that there is now way for an airplane to land during these stormy weather conditions. But ...
Ilyushin 62 into Havana, Cuba!
Please visit our website at http://www.justplanes.com For this DVD http://www.worldairroutes.com/Cubana1.html.
Cargospotter HD - Aviation Review of Year 2013 - Boeing, Airbus, Antonov, Ilyushin ...
Featured planes: Boeing 707, Boeing 727, Boeing 737, Boeing 747, Boeing 757, Boeing 767, Boeing 777, Airbus A300, Airbus A310, Airbus A330, Airbus A340, Airb...
Ilyushin IL-28 Beagle (Rare Videos)
artist / song: 1.Hans Zimmer - Time (Orkidea's Dream Mix) 2.Hans Zimmer - Time (Orkidea's Awake Mix) ___Cut Inserted in First Song___ 3.Myon & Shane 54 feat....
Ilyushin IL-18 Aborted take off
An Ilyushin IL-18 Coot ( Alada D2-FFR) Operated by DHL aborts takeoff from the 8202 ft long airstrip at Cabinda, West Africa. The pilot has done an excellent...
Flying Air Koryo Ilyushin IL-18 to Samjiyon, visiting Mount Paektu
Day 3 of JTS North Korea Aviation Tour, flying IL-18 to Samjiyon, ramp tour, lunch and presentation at the airport follow by sightseeing around sacred Mount ...
Mon, 16 Feb 2015 05:18:45 -0800
Syrianair (RB, Damascus) has acquired an Il-18 and a Il-76 for use on internal flights Syria's official SANA news agency has reported. According to the country's Ministry of Transport, the two Ilyushin Design Bureau aircraft will be used on flights ...
Syrian Radio & TV Online
Wed, 11 Feb 2015 03:55:36 -0800
Damascus, The Syrian Arab Airlines establishment, operating as Syrian Air, has secured two Ilyushin transport aircrafts Il-18 and II-76 to be employed for transporting public institutions' cargo, Ministry of Transport said Tuesday. The aircrafts will ...
War is Boring
War is Boring
Sun, 01 Mar 2015 16:11:15 -0800
Last month, Moscow announced that it added bombs to the Ilyushin Il-76 transport aircraft. The news and supporting photos—which showed the hulking airlifters on a snowy airfield, with dumb bombs hanging under their wings—was surprising. But as we ...
Mon, 02 Mar 2015 06:26:15 -0800
In October 2014, the Antwerp-based wet-lease and scheduled carrier signed a tentative lease deal with Ilyushin Finance covering two Superjet 100LRs (plus two options and 10 purchase rights), with the first aircraft scheduled for delivery in April 2015.
Sat, 28 Feb 2015 18:03:45 -0800
A Chinese Ilyushin IL-76s aircraft taxis in from the runway at Perth International Airport after returning from ongoing search operations for missing Malaysia Airlines Flight 370 in Perth, Australia, 17 April 2014. Photo: EPA/Theron Kirkman / POOL ...
Mon, 16 Feb 2015 04:21:32 -0800
Hunched over a crystal ashtray, this is North Korean dictator Kim Jong-Un pictured for the first time aboard his 174ft private jet. The Soviet Ilyushin IL-62, dubbed Air Force Un, follows a design which became the world's largest jet airliner when it ...
Wed, 25 Feb 2015 09:48:45 -0800
Il-112V is a twin-engine light military transport aircraft being developed by JSC Ilyushin Aviation Complex, a part of JSC United Aircraft Corporation (UAC), for the Ministry of Defence of the Russian Federation. It is set to replace the An-26 and An ...
Russia Beyond the Headlines
Wed, 24 Dec 2014 05:41:15 -0800
The Ilyushin Il-38 is the military version of the famous Il-1 airliner. Source: Press Photo. The Russian Defense Ministry and the Ilyushin Aviation Complex have signed a state contract for the development of the light military-transport plane Il-112V ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
Digplanet also receives support from Searchlight Group.