Open Joint Stock Company «Ilyushin Aviation Complex» , operating as Ilyushin (Ilyushin) (Russian: Илью́шин) or Ilyushin Design Bureau, is a Russian design bureau and aircraft manufacturer, founded by Sergey Vladimirovich Ilyushin. Ilyushin was established under the Soviet Union. Its operations began on January 13, 1933, by order of P. I. Baranov, People's Commissar of the Heavy Industry and the Head of the Main Department of Aviation Industry. In Soviet/Russian nomenclature, aircraft from Ilyushin are prefixed Il. The head office of Ilyushin is located in Aeroport District, Northern Administrative Okrug, Moscow.
Aviation Industries Ilyushin is a subsidiary established in 1992 to act as Ilyushin's marketing and customer service arm.
Ilyushin has developed aircraft for widely varying roles over the years. The Russian government has merged Ilyushin with Mikoyan, Irkut, Sukhoi, Tupolev, and Yakovlev under a new company named United Aircraft Corporation.
3.7.2014 and 25.7.2014 information from Board of Directors OAO Il about integration between Ilyushin and Myasishchev.
Notable Ilyushin aircraft include:
- I-21 fighter, 1936.
- Il-1 fighter prototype, 1944.
- Il-2 Shturmovik ground-attack aircraft, NATO codename "Bark", 1939, most-produced military aircraft of all time.
- Il-8, ground-attack prototype, 1943.
- Il-10 Shturmovik, ground-attack aircraft, NATO codename "Beast", 1944.
- Il-16 ground attack prototype developed from the Il-10, 1945.
- Il-20 (1948) ground attack prototype, 1948.
- Il-40 "Brawny" jet-powered ground-attack prototype, 1953.
- Il-102 experimental jet-powered ground-attack aircraft, project cancelled, 1982.
- DB-3 long-range bomber, 1935.
- Il-4 "Bob" bomber/torpedo bomber developed from the DB-3, 1938.
- DB-4 long-range bomber, 1940.
- Il-6 long-range bomber prototype developed from the Il-4, 1942.
- Il-22 jet-powered bomber prototype, 1947.
- Il-28 "Beagle" and "Mascot" medium bomber/trainer, 1949.
- Il-30 tactical swept-wing bomber prototype developed from the Il-28, 1951.
- Il-46 jet-powered bomber prototype developed from the Il-30, 1952.
- Il-54 "Blowlamp" supersonic bomber prototype, 1955.
- Il-14 "Crate" twin-engined airliner developed from the Il-12, 1950.
- Il-18 "Clam" (1946) four-engined airliner prototype, 1946.
- Il-18 "Coot" turboprop airliner, 1958.
- Il-62 "Classic" long range jet airliner, 1962.
- Il-86 "Camber" medium-range wide-body jet airliner, 1977.
- Il-96 long-haul widebody airliner developed from the Il-86, 1988.
- Il-98 aerial refuelling variant of the Il-96.
- Il-100 light multi-purpose aircraft.
- Il-108 business jet prototype, project abandoned, 1990.
- Il-114 regional aircraft, 1999.
- Il-20M "Coot-A" ELINT/radar reconnaissance version of the Il-18
- Il-22 "Coot-B" airborne command post version of the Il-18.
- Il-24 "Coot-C" ice reconnaissance version similar to Il-20M, 1948.
- Il-38 "May" maritime patrol/anti-submarine warfare aircraft developed from the Il-18, 1971.
- Il-140 AWACS version of Il-114.
- A-50 Shmel (from Beriev), an AWACS variant of the Il-76, NATO codename "Mainstay", 1978.
- A-100 Premier (from Beriev), an AWACS variant of the Il-76MD-90A.
- Il-26 long-range bomber project, 1947.
- Il-36 Prototype
- Il-42 ground attack project
- Il-52 flying wing bomber project.
- Il-56 bomber project.
- Il-64 airliner project.
- Il-66 (1959) supersonic transport (SST) project, 1959.
- Il-66 military transport project.
- Il-70 short-haul airliner project, 1961.
- Il-72 supersonic airliner project developed from the Il-66, 1961.
- Il-72 (1964) medium-haul airliner project, 1964.
- Il-74 airliner project, 1966.
- Il-84 search and rescue variant of the Il-76, project cancelled, 1989.
- Il-90 proposed long-haul airliner, 1988.
- Il-118 proposed twin turboprop engine version of Il-18.
- Il-196 long range airliner project.
- A-60 experimental airborne laser laboratory developed from the Il-76MD, 1981.
- Irkut MS-21 experimental short- to and mid-range jet airliner.
||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ilyushin.
Russian Air Force Ilyushin IL-76 Screaming Loud Departure from Boston Logan!!
I think this is the loudest take-off I have ever heard, wow!!! This plane is kind of a beast - but very cool and the first time I have seen one! This Russian...
МЧС России Ilyushin Il-62M [RA-86570] Engine Start Up, Taxi, and Takeoff
What a surprise! Came into LAX for a special medical mission. This aircraft belongs to the Russian government and is categorized as "Airplanes of Ministry fo...
THE SOUND Grixona Ilyushin IL-18 low pass stunt in Balti - Moldova
During an aviation charter of this Ilyushin 18 on April 4, 2009, the crew performed a real stunt. A gears-in low pass just a few metres above the ground. If ...
Ilyushin IL-76 strong Crosswind landing. Unbelieveable Russian Pilot skills ! (Watch in HD!)
I was just about to leave this location already, because I thought that there is now way for an airplane to land during these stormy weather conditions. But ...
2x Ilyushin Il-96 landing with President Putin at Hannover (RA-96016 & RA-96017)
Vladimir Putin came with two Ilyushin Il-96 to Hannover Airport to open the Hannover Fair together with Angela Merkel, Chancellor of Germany. The first Il-96...
Air Koryo Ilyushin 62 Beijing-Pyongyang
Boarding, engine start, taxi, take off, in flight, meal, window views, landing. http://facebook.com/seriouslyfunnyphotography Please subscribe as I'll have m...
Ilyushin 62 into Havana, Cuba!
Please visit our website at http://www.justplanes.com This is from the CUBANA Ilyushin 62 Cockpit DVD!
President Putin's plane Ilyushin Il-96
President Putin's plane landed at the airport in Turku 25.06.2013. The aircraft was Ilyushin Il-96. This video was shot in Channel Four news.
Ilyushin IL-28 Beagle (Rare Videos)
artist / song: 1.Hans Zimmer - Time (Orkidea's Dream Mix) 2.Hans Zimmer - Time (Orkidea's Awake Mix) ___Cut Inserted in First Song___ 3.Myon & Shane 54 feat....
Ilyushin IL-76TD ил 76 Takeoff [HD]
Ilyushin Il-76TD, ил 76 (NATO: Candid) RA-76446 take off at Manises VL (10-10-2012) Many Thanks to BallesValencia Camera: Panasonic DMC FZ150. Visit my blog:...
Fri, 08 Aug 2014 06:41:15 -0700
Busy times surely lie ahead for Ilyushin Finance. Not only does the Russian lessor have around 100 aircraft to place over the coming years – with a further 50 in the pipeline – but it is also dealing with a major ownership change and potential ...
Tue, 29 Jul 2014 13:03:45 -0700
Russia's Ilyushin Finance Co. (IFC)—which has 32 Bombardier CS300s, plus 10 options, on order—has agreed to postpone delivery from November 2015 to April 2016. The changes were made after CSeries flight test aircraft FTV1 experienced “an ...
Fri, 22 Aug 2014 14:11:15 -0700
Ilyushin cargo aircraft still land at Tabaqa airport and were never been targeted, as safety is guaranteed upon landing, which practically requires a distance of at least 10 kilometers. Newspapers close to IS announced yesterday [Aug. 21] at dawn that ...
Around the Rings (subscription)
Fri, 22 Aug 2014 02:00:00 -0700
... Gordon Tietjens, Ian and Donald Campbell, Yoshihiro Sakata, the 1924 Romanian Olympic Team, the gold medal-winning USA Olympic Team of 1920 and 1924, Richard and Kennedy Tsimba, Alfred St George Hamersley, Vladimir Ilyushin, Waisale Serevi, ...
Fri, 22 Aug 2014 03:52:30 -0700
The number of Ilyushin Il-76s has fallen from 116 in 2013 to 105 this year, Tupolev Tu-154s from 41 to 36 and Yakovlev Yak-40s from 45 to 32. The sole bright spots for Russian industry are the Sukhoi Superjet 100 – with 28 aircraft in service and 76 ...
Thu, 21 Aug 2014 01:31:19 -0700
The Russian Emergencies Ministry's information department said the ministry's Ilyushin 76 plane was planned to take off from Ramenskoye airport, located near Moscow, on Thursday evening. Ebola-hit countries must stop people with virus symptoms from ...
Mon, 11 Aug 2014 08:45:32 -0700
Surface and air elements — including at least one Ilyushin Il-38 ASW aircraft — of the Russian Navy's Northern Fleet had expelled the submarine from Russian “boundary waters,” a Northern Fleet spokesman told Interfax. “The Northern Fleet anti ...
Russia Beyond the Headlines
Sat, 02 Aug 2014 03:40:12 -0700
The anti-submarine Ilyushin Il-38 aircraft is based on a model that has demonstrated its effectiveness for decades. The modernized plane has a sophisticated targeting system and will significantly increase the combat capability of Russia's Northern Fleet.
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
You can talk about Ilyushin with people all over the world in our discussions.