Open Joint Stock Company «Ilyushin Aviation Complex» , operating as Ilyushin (Ilyushin) (Russian: Илью́шин) or Ilyushin Design Bureau, is a Russian design bureau and aircraft manufacturer, founded by Sergey Vladimirovich Ilyushin. Ilyushin was established under the Soviet Union. Its operations began on January 13, 1933, by order of P. I. Baranov, People's Commissar of the Heavy Industry and the Head of the Main Department of Aviation Industry. In Soviet/Russian nomenclature, aircraft from Ilyushin are prefixed Il. The head office of Ilyushin is located in Aeroport District, Northern Administrative Okrug, Moscow.
Aviation Industries Ilyushin is a subsidiary established in 1992 to act as Ilyushin's marketing and customer service arm.
Ilyushin has developed aircraft for widely varying roles over the years. The Russian government has merged Ilyushin with Mikoyan, Irkut, Sukhoi, Tupolev, and Yakovlev under a new company named United Aircraft Corporation.
3.7.2014 and 25.7.2014 information from Board of Directors OAO Il about integration between Ilyushin and Myasishchev.
Notable Ilyushin aircraft include:
- I-21 fighter, 1936.
- Il-1 fighter prototype, 1944.
- Il-2 Shturmovik ground-attack aircraft, NATO codename "Bark", 1939, most-produced military aircraft of all time.
- Il-8, ground-attack prototype, 1943.
- Il-10 Shturmovik, ground-attack aircraft, NATO codename "Beast", 1944.
- Il-16 ground attack prototype developed from the Il-10, 1945.
- Il-20 (1948) ground attack prototype, 1948.
- Il-40 "Brawny" jet-powered ground-attack prototype, 1953.
- Il-102 experimental jet-powered ground-attack aircraft, project cancelled, 1982.
- DB-3 long-range bomber, 1935.
- Il-4 "Bob" bomber/torpedo bomber developed from the DB-3, 1938.
- DB-4 long-range bomber, 1940.
- Il-6 long-range bomber prototype developed from the Il-4, 1942.
- Il-22 jet-powered bomber prototype, 1947.
- Il-28 "Beagle" and "Mascot" medium bomber/trainer, 1949.
- Il-30 tactical swept-wing bomber prototype developed from the Il-28, 1951.
- Il-46 jet-powered bomber prototype developed from the Il-30, 1952.
- Il-54 "Blowlamp" supersonic bomber prototype, 1955.
- Il-14 "Crate" twin-engined airliner developed from the Il-12, 1950.
- Il-18 "Clam" (1946) four-engined airliner prototype, 1946.
- Il-18 "Coot" turboprop airliner, 1958.
- Il-62 "Classic" long range jet airliner, 1962.
- Il-86 "Camber" medium-range wide-body jet airliner, 1977.
- Il-96 long-haul widebody airliner developed from the Il-86, 1988.
- Il-98 aerial refuelling variant of the Il-96.
- Il-100 light multi-purpose aircraft.
- Il-108 business jet prototype, project abandoned, 1990.
- Il-114 regional aircraft, 1999.
- Il-20M "Coot-A" ELINT/radar reconnaissance version of the Il-18
- Il-22 "Coot-B" airborne command post version of the Il-18.
- Il-24 "Coot-C" ice reconnaissance version similar to Il-20M, 1948.
- Il-38 "May" maritime patrol/anti-submarine warfare aircraft developed from the Il-18, 1971.
- Il-140 AWACS version of Il-114.
- A-50 Shmel (from Beriev), an AWACS variant of the Il-76, NATO codename "Mainstay", 1978.
- A-100 Premier (from Beriev), an AWACS variant of the Il-76MD-90A.
- Il-26 long-range bomber project, 1947.
- Il-36 Prototype
- Il-42 ground attack project
- Il-52 flying wing bomber project.
- Il-56 bomber project.
- Il-64 airliner project.
- Il-66 (1959) supersonic transport (SST) project, 1959.
- Il-66 military transport project.
- Il-70 short-haul airliner project, 1961.
- Il-72 supersonic airliner project developed from the Il-66, 1961.
- Il-72 (1964) medium-haul airliner project, 1964.
- Il-74 airliner project, 1966.
- Il-84 search and rescue variant of the Il-76, project cancelled, 1989.
- Il-90 proposed long-haul airliner, 1988.
- Il-118 proposed twin turboprop engine version of Il-18.
- Il-196 long range airliner project.
- A-60 experimental airborne laser laboratory developed from the Il-76MD, 1981.
- Irkut MS-21 experimental short- to and mid-range jet airliner.
||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ilyushin.
Russian Air Force Ilyushin IL-76 Screaming Loud Departure from Boston Logan!!
I think this is the loudest take-off I have ever heard, wow!!! This plane is kind of a beast - but very cool and the first time I have seen one! This Russian...
МЧС России Ilyushin Il-62M [RA-86570] Engine Start Up, Taxi, and Takeoff
What a surprise! Came into LAX for a special medical mission. This aircraft belongs to the Russian government and is categorized as "Airplanes of Ministry fo...
THE SOUND Grixona Ilyushin IL-18 low pass stunt in Balti - Moldova
During an aviation charter of this Ilyushin 18 on April 4, 2009, the crew performed a real stunt. A gears-in low pass just a few metres above the ground. If ...
Ilyushin IL-76 strong Crosswind landing. Unbelieveable Russian Pilot skills ! (Watch in HD!)
I was just about to leave this location already, because I thought that there is now way for an airplane to land during these stormy weather conditions. But ...
Ilyushin 62 into Havana, Cuba!
Please visit our website at http://www.justplanes.com This is from the CUBANA Ilyushin 62 Cockpit DVD!
Air Koryo Ilyushin 62 Beijing-Pyongyang
Boarding, engine start, taxi, take off, in flight, meal, window views, landing. http://facebook.com/seriouslyfunnyphotography Please subscribe as I'll have m...
2x Ilyushin Il-96 landing with President Putin at Hannover (RA-96016 & RA-96017)
Vladimir Putin came with two Ilyushin Il-96 to Hannover Airport to open the Hannover Fair together with Angela Merkel, Chancellor of Germany. The first Il-96...
Ilyushin IL-28 Beagle (Rare Videos)
artist / song: 1.Hans Zimmer - Time (Orkidea's Dream Mix) 2.Hans Zimmer - Time (Orkidea's Awake Mix) ___Cut Inserted in First Song___ 3.Myon & Shane 54 feat....
Aeroflot Ilyushin IL-96 Takeoff from Moscow SVO - Window View
Window view from Aeroflot Ilyushin IL-96-300 RA-96010 during take off from Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport (SVO), Russia on 18th January 2014. Operating flight S...
Extreme Crosswind Landing. Russian Ilyushin IL-96 at Düsseldorf
Polet Flight Ilyushin IL-96-400 (cargo) First of all I would like to tell you something about the quality of this video. My Canon 5dII has no Autofocus. I al...
Tue, 29 Jul 2014 13:03:45 -0700
Russia's Ilyushin Finance Co. (IFC)—which has 32 Bombardier CS300s, plus 10 options, on order—has agreed to postpone delivery from November 2015 to April 2016. The changes were made after CSeries flight test aircraft FTV1 experienced “an ...
Wed, 16 Jul 2014 06:05:52 -0700
FARNBOROUGH (UK), July 16./ITAR-TASS/. Sukhoi Civil Aircraft and Russia's aircraft leasing company Ilyushin Finance on Wednesday have signed an agreement to supply eight Sukhoi Superjet 100 (SSJ-100) planes to EU companies from September ...
Wed, 23 Jul 2014 02:22:30 -0700
The Russian Navy has received an upgraded Ilyushin Il-38 anti-submarine aircraft, which is designed to track and destroy enemy submarines. The modernised aircraft has a range of 2,200km, and is capable of operating over an area four times greater than ...
Tue, 15 Jul 2014 03:01:25 -0700
The Russian Navy is set to take delivery of its first modernised Il-38N anti-submarine warfare aircraft, following an upgrade programme. An Ilyushin Aviation Complex spokesperson was quoted by RIA Novosti as saying that the company completed repair and ...
Thu, 17 Jul 2014 01:37:30 -0700
Russian lessor Ilyushin Finance Co. (IFC) has purchased eight Sukhoi Superjet 100 (SSJ100) aircraft at the Farnborough Airshow. Deliveries are scheduled from September 2015 through the middle of 2016. The eight aircraft are from an agreement signed at ...
Airfinance Journal (subscription)
Fri, 11 Jul 2014 05:00:00 -0700
Ilyushin to repossess six aircraft. 11 July 2014. The Russian lessor claims planes back from Russian airline. Tags: Ilyushin | Vladivostok Avia. Russian lessor Ilyushin Finance Corporation is taking possession of six aircraft on lease to Russian airline.
Fri, 01 Aug 2014 06:28:45 -0700
Central to his success were his refurbished old Ilyushin 76 cargo planes, vast freighters specially designed for servicing the remoter corners of the Soviet empire. Capable of landing on unpaved airstrips, they were perfect for the needs of one of Bout ...
Fri, 01 Aug 2014 07:03:45 -0700
Beaudoin added that Russian leasing company Ilyushin Finance's firm order for 32 CS300 and options for 10 more aircraft is not compromised by the political situation in Russia since the larger CSeries plane isn't scheduled to enter into service until ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
You can talk about Ilyushin with people all over the world in our discussions.