Open Joint Stock Company «Ilyushin Aviation Complex» , operating as Ilyushin (Ilyushin) (Russian: Илью́шин) or Ilyushin Design Bureau, is a Russian design bureau and aircraft manufacturer, founded by Sergey Vladimirovich Ilyushin. Ilyushin was established under the Soviet Union. Its operations began on January 13, 1933, by order of P. I. Baranov, People's Commissar of the Heavy Industry and the Head of the Main Department of Aviation Industry. In Soviet/Russian nomenclature, aircraft from Ilyushin are prefixed Il. The head office of Ilyushin is located in Aeroport District, Northern Administrative Okrug, Moscow.
Aviation Industries Ilyushin is a subsidiary established in 1992 to act as Ilyushin's marketing and customer service arm.
Ilyushin has developed aircraft for widely varying roles over the years. The Russian government has merged Ilyushin with Mikoyan, Irkut, Sukhoi, Tupolev, and Yakovlev under a new company named United Aircraft Corporation.
3.7.2014 and 25.7.2014 information from Board of Directors OAO Il about integration between Ilyushin and Myasishchev.
Notable Ilyushin aircraft include:
- I-21 fighter, 1936.
- Il-1 fighter prototype, 1944.
- Il-2 Shturmovik ground-attack aircraft, NATO codename "Bark", 1939, most-produced military aircraft of all time.
- Il-8, ground-attack prototype, 1943.
- Il-10 Shturmovik, ground-attack aircraft, NATO codename "Beast", 1944.
- Il-16 ground attack prototype developed from the Il-10, 1945.
- Il-20 (1948) ground attack prototype, 1948.
- Il-40 "Brawny" jet-powered ground-attack prototype, 1953.
- Il-102 experimental jet-powered ground-attack aircraft, project cancelled, 1982.
- DB-3 long-range bomber, 1935.
- Il-4 "Bob" bomber/torpedo bomber developed from the DB-3, 1938.
- DB-4 long-range bomber, 1940.
- Il-6 long-range bomber prototype developed from the Il-4, 1942.
- Il-22 jet-powered bomber prototype, 1947.
- Il-28 "Beagle" and "Mascot" medium bomber/trainer, 1949.
- Il-30 tactical swept-wing bomber prototype developed from the Il-28, 1951.
- Il-46 jet-powered bomber prototype developed from the Il-30, 1952.
- Il-54 "Blowlamp" supersonic bomber prototype, 1955.
- Il-14 "Crate" twin-engined airliner developed from the Il-12, 1950.
- Il-18 "Clam" (1946) four-engined airliner prototype, 1946.
- Il-18 "Coot" turboprop airliner, 1958.
- Il-62 "Classic" long range jet airliner, 1962.
- Il-86 "Camber" medium-range wide-body jet airliner, 1977.
- Il-96 long-haul widebody airliner developed from the Il-86, 1988.
- Il-98 aerial refuelling variant of the Il-96.
- Il-100 light multi-purpose aircraft.
- Il-108 business jet prototype, project abandoned, 1990.
- Il-114 regional aircraft, 1999.
- Irkut MC-21 developmental short- to and mid-range jet airliner.
- Il-20M "Coot-A" ELINT/radar reconnaissance version of the Il-18
- Il-22 "Coot-B" airborne command post version of the Il-18.
- Il-24 "Coot-C" ice reconnaissance version similar to Il-20M, 1948.
- Il-38 "May" maritime patrol/anti-submarine warfare aircraft developed from the Il-18, 1971.
- Il-140 AWACS version of Il-114.
- A-50 Shmel (from Beriev), an AWACS variant of the Il-76, NATO codename "Mainstay", 1978.
- A-100 Premier (from Beriev), an AWACS variant of the Il-76MD-90A.
- Il-26 long-range bomber project, 1947.
- Il-36 Prototype
- Il-42 ground attack project
- Il-52 flying wing bomber project.
- Il-56 bomber project.
- Il-64 airliner project.
- Il-66 (1959) supersonic transport (SST) project, 1959.
- Il-66 military transport project.
- Il-70 short-haul airliner project, 1961.
- Il-72 supersonic airliner project developed from the Il-66, 1961.
- Il-72 (1964) medium-haul airliner project, 1964.
- Il-74 airliner project, 1966.
- Il-84 search and rescue variant of the Il-76, project cancelled, 1989.
- Il-90 proposed long-haul airliner, 1988.
- Il-118 proposed twin turboprop engine version of Il-18.
- Il-196 long range airliner project.
- A-60 experimental airborne laser laboratory developed from the Il-76MD, 1981.
||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ilyushin.
Russian Air Force Ilyushin IL-76 Screaming Loud Departure from Boston Logan!!
I think this is the loudest take-off I have ever heard, wow!!! This plane is kind of a beast - but very cool and the first time I have seen one! This Russian...
2x Ilyushin Il-96 landing with President Putin at Hannover (RA-96016 & RA-96017)
Vladimir Putin came with two Ilyushin Il-96 to Hannover Airport to open the Hannover Fair together with Angela Merkel, Chancellor of Germany. The first Il-96...
МЧС России Ilyushin Il-62M [RA-86570] Engine Start Up, Taxi, and Takeoff
What a surprise! Came into LAX for a special medical mission. This aircraft belongs to the Russian government and is categorized as "Airplanes of Ministry fo...
Ilyushin IL-76 strong Crosswind landing. Unbelieveable Russian Pilot skills ! (Watch in HD!)
I was just about to leave this location already, because I thought that there is now way for an airplane to land during these stormy weather conditions. But ...
Aeroflot Ilyushin IL-96 Landing at Istanbul, Turkey - Window View
Window view from Aeroflot Ilyushin IL-96-300 RA-96010 during landing at Istanbul Ataturk Airport (IST), Turkey. Operating flight SU2130 from Moscow Sheremety...
Ilyushin IL-18 Aborted take off
An Ilyushin IL-18 Coot ( Alada D2-FFR) Operated by DHL aborts takeoff from the 8202 ft long airstrip at Cabinda, West Africa. The pilot has done an excellent...
Ilyushin 62 into Havana, Cuba!
Please visit our website at http://www.justplanes.com For this DVD http://www.worldairroutes.com/Cubana1.html.
ILYUSHIN 18 into Mogadishu, SOMALIA
Please visit our website at http://www.justplanes.com For this DVD http://www.worldairroutes.com/Daallo.html.
Flying Air Koryo Ilyushin IL-18 to Samjiyon, visiting Mount Paektu
Day 3 of JTS North Korea Aviation Tour, flying IL-18 to Samjiyon, ramp tour, lunch and presentation at the airport follow by sightseeing around sacred Mount ...
Ilyushin IL-28 Beagle (Rare Videos)
artist / song: 1.Hans Zimmer - Time (Orkidea's Dream Mix) 2.Hans Zimmer - Time (Orkidea's Awake Mix) ___Cut Inserted in First Song___ 3.Myon & Shane 54 feat....
Arabian Supply Chain
Arabian Supply Chain
Tue, 13 Jan 2015 22:33:45 -0800
Abu Dhabi-based Maximus Air has donated one of its aircraft to support a regional humanitarian campaign launched by President His Highness Sheikh Khalifa bin Zayed Al Nahyan earlier this month. The campaign will focus on providing urgent relief to the ...
Sun, 11 Jan 2015 23:51:32 -0800
Our diverse fleet is unique in the region, in both its experience of providing humanitarian assistance, and also in its ability to navigate remote landing strips. Maximus therefore decided to donate an Ilyushin flight that will deliver 45 tonnes of ...
IHS Jane's 360
IHS Jane's 360
Thu, 29 Jan 2015 08:14:03 -0800
During the more than 19-hour missions, the Tu-95MS bombers were accompanied by Ilyushin Il-78 'Midas' tankers and MiG-31 'Foxhound' interceptors. According to the reports, the aircraft remained in international airspace throughout the patrol, although ...
Aviation International News
Aviation International News
Mon, 26 Jan 2015 08:41:15 -0800
The Russian government is set to procure 14 Ilyushin Il-96s over the next 10 years, thereby ensuring continued production of the four-engined airliner. Eleven will be for the ministry of defense (MoD), including conversions into command and control or ...
Thu, 29 Jan 2015 07:33:45 -0800
... with the militants advancing throughout Ukraine in the name of Russian sovereignty. Flightglobal's MiliCAS fleets database shows the Russian air force as operating 161 L-39s, 102 An-12s, 76 An-26s, 91 Let L-410s and 131 Ilyushin Il-76s, among others.
Thu, 29 Jan 2015 01:56:15 -0800
That those photos of her in uniform with her regimental comrades, or by her massive Ilyushin Il-2 attack plane, weren't real? That I — or worse, she — fabricated her war stories? I witnessed Yegorova's angry tears as she recalled being treated as a ...
Thu, 29 Jan 2015 12:15:00 -0800
... Rogozin said the Germans were among an undisclosed number of foreign buyers that have shown an interest in the aircraft which has so far garnered 175 orders from Aeroflot, Crecom Burj Resources, Nordwind Airlines, VEB Leasing, the Ilyushin Finance ...
Russia Beyond the Headlines
Wed, 24 Dec 2014 05:41:15 -0800
The Ilyushin Il-38 is the military version of the famous Il-1 airliner. Source: Press Photo. The Russian Defense Ministry and the Ilyushin Aviation Complex have signed a state contract for the development of the light military-transport plane Il-112V ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
Digplanet also receives support from Searchlight Group.