Open Joint Stock Company «Ilyushin Aviation Complex» , operating as Ilyushin (Ilyushin) (Russian: Илью́шин) or Ilyushin Design Bureau, is a Russian design bureau and aircraft manufacturer, founded by Sergey Vladimirovich Ilyushin. Ilyushin was established under the Soviet Union. Its operations began on January 13, 1933, by order of P. I. Baranov, People's Commissar of the Heavy Industry and the Head of the Main Department of Aviation Industry. In Soviet/Russian nomenclature, aircraft from Ilyushin are prefixed Il. The head office of Ilyushin is located in Aeroport District, Northern Administrative Okrug, Moscow.
Aviation Industries Ilyushin is a subsidiary established in 1992 to act as Ilyushin's marketing and customer service arm.
Ilyushin has developed aircraft for widely varying roles over the years. The Russian government has merged Ilyushin with Mikoyan, Irkut, Sukhoi, Tupolev, and Yakovlev under a new company named United Aircraft Corporation.
3.7.2014 and 25.7.2014 information from Board of Directors OAO Il about integration between Ilyushin and Myasishchev.
Notable Ilyushin aircraft include:
- I-21 fighter, 1936.
- Il-1 fighter prototype, 1944.
- Il-2 Shturmovik ground-attack aircraft, NATO codename "Bark", 1939, most-produced military aircraft of all time.
- Il-8, ground-attack prototype, 1943.
- Il-10 Shturmovik, ground-attack aircraft, NATO codename "Beast", 1944.
- Il-16 ground attack prototype developed from the Il-10, 1945.
- Il-20 (1948) ground attack prototype, 1948.
- Il-40 "Brawny" jet-powered ground-attack prototype, 1953.
- Il-102 experimental jet-powered ground-attack aircraft, project cancelled, 1982.
- DB-3 long-range bomber, 1935.
- Il-4 "Bob" bomber/torpedo bomber developed from the DB-3, 1938.
- DB-4 long-range bomber, 1940.
- Il-6 long-range bomber prototype developed from the Il-4, 1942.
- Il-22 jet-powered bomber prototype, 1947.
- Il-28 "Beagle" and "Mascot" medium bomber/trainer, 1949.
- Il-30 tactical swept-wing bomber prototype developed from the Il-28, 1951.
- Il-46 jet-powered bomber prototype developed from the Il-30, 1952.
- Il-54 "Blowlamp" supersonic bomber prototype, 1955.
- Il-14 "Crate" twin-engined airliner developed from the Il-12, 1950.
- Il-18 "Clam" (1946) four-engined airliner prototype, 1946.
- Il-18 "Coot" turboprop airliner, 1958.
- Il-62 "Classic" long range jet airliner, 1962.
- Il-86 "Camber" medium-range wide-body jet airliner, 1977.
- Il-96 long-haul widebody airliner developed from the Il-86, 1988.
- Il-98 aerial refuelling variant of the Il-96.
- Il-100 light multi-purpose aircraft.
- Il-108 business jet prototype, project abandoned, 1990.
- Il-114 regional aircraft, 1999.
- Il-20M "Coot-A" ELINT/radar reconnaissance version of the Il-18
- Il-22 "Coot-B" airborne command post version of the Il-18.
- Il-24 "Coot-C" ice reconnaissance version similar to Il-20M, 1948.
- Il-38 "May" maritime patrol/anti-submarine warfare aircraft developed from the Il-18, 1971.
- Il-140 AWACS version of Il-114.
- A-50 Shmel (from Beriev), an AWACS variant of the Il-76, NATO codename "Mainstay", 1978.
- A-100 Premier (from Beriev), an AWACS variant of the Il-76MD-90A.
- Il-26 long-range bomber project, 1947.
- Il-36 Prototype
- Il-42 ground attack project
- Il-52 flying wing bomber project.
- Il-56 bomber project.
- Il-64 airliner project.
- Il-66 (1959) supersonic transport (SST) project, 1959.
- Il-66 military transport project.
- Il-70 short-haul airliner project, 1961.
- Il-72 supersonic airliner project developed from the Il-66, 1961.
- Il-72 (1964) medium-haul airliner project, 1964.
- Il-74 airliner project, 1966.
- Il-84 search and rescue variant of the Il-76, project cancelled, 1989.
- Il-90 proposed long-haul airliner, 1988.
- Il-118 proposed twin turboprop engine version of Il-18.
- Il-196 long range airliner project.
- A-60 experimental airborne laser laboratory developed from the Il-76MD, 1981.
- Irkut MS-21 experimental short- to and mid-range jet airliner.
||Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ilyushin.
Russian Air Force Ilyushin IL-76 Screaming Loud Departure from Boston Logan!!
I think this is the loudest take-off I have ever heard, wow!!! This plane is kind of a beast - but very cool and the first time I have seen one! This Russian...
МЧС России Ilyushin Il-62M [RA-86570] Engine Start Up, Taxi, and Takeoff
What a surprise! Came into LAX for a special medical mission. This aircraft belongs to the Russian government and is categorized as "Airplanes of Ministry fo...
THE SOUND Grixona Ilyushin IL-18 low pass stunt in Balti - Moldova
During an aviation charter of this Ilyushin 18 on April 4, 2009, the crew performed a real stunt. A gears-in low pass just a few metres above the ground. If ...
Ilyushin IL-76 strong Crosswind landing. Unbelieveable Russian Pilot skills ! (Watch in HD!)
I was just about to leave this location already, because I thought that there is now way for an airplane to land during these stormy weather conditions. But ...
2x Ilyushin Il-96 landing with President Putin at Hannover (RA-96016 & RA-96017)
Vladimir Putin came with two Ilyushin Il-96 to Hannover Airport to open the Hannover Fair together with Angela Merkel, Chancellor of Germany. The first Il-96...
Air Koryo Ilyushin 62 Beijing-Pyongyang
Boarding, engine start, taxi, take off, in flight, meal, window views, landing. http://facebook.com/seriouslyfunnyphotography Please subscribe as I'll have m...
Ilyushin 62 into Havana, Cuba!
Please visit our website at http://www.justplanes.com This is from the CUBANA Ilyushin 62 Cockpit DVD!
Ilyushin IL-28 Beagle (Rare Videos)
artist / song: 1.Hans Zimmer - Time (Orkidea's Dream Mix) 2.Hans Zimmer - Time (Orkidea's Awake Mix) ___Cut Inserted in First Song___ 3.Myon & Shane 54 feat....
Aeroflot Ilyushin IL-96 Takeoff from Moscow SVO - Window View
Window view from Aeroflot Ilyushin IL-96-300 RA-96010 during take off from Moscow Sheremetyevo Airport (SVO), Russia on 18th January 2014. Operating flight S...
Gigantic Airplane - Ilyushin Il-78 MKI - Amazing Stability
The Ilyushin Il-78 is a four-engined aerial refueling tanker based on the Il-76. Top speed: 850 km/h Wingspan: 50 m Length: 47 m Manufacturer: Ilyushin.
Fri, 08 Aug 2014 06:41:15 -0700
Busy times surely lie ahead for Ilyushin Finance. Not only does the Russian lessor have around 100 aircraft to place over the coming years – with a further 50 in the pipeline – but it is also dealing with a major ownership change and potential ...
Tue, 02 Sep 2014 00:30:00 -0700
... expansion of the island's runway, extending it from 2,400 meters to 2,800 meters, making it long enough for the PLA Air Force or Navy Air Force to operate large aircraft such as the Xian H-6 strategic bomber and the Ilyushin Il-76 cargo plane from ...
Sun, 31 Aug 2014 11:11:15 -0700
This included a large fleet of Ilyushin 76 and Antonov 124 aircraft. Earlier this month, US President Barack Obama also pledged military assistance to the African Union peacekeeping forces, but ideologically and in terms of strategic relations, South ...
IHS Jane's 360
IHS Jane's 360
Fri, 29 Aug 2014 05:11:59 -0700
This increases the safety envelope for PLA Air Force bombers like the H-6 and strategic transport aircraft such as the Ilyushin Il-76. IHS Maritime has used AISLive data to identify one of the dredgers being used as Xin Hai Tun , a cutter suction ...
Tue, 26 Aug 2014 08:20:41 -0700
A Northern Fleet spokesman stated that Russian anti-submarine forces, consisting of surface ships and an Ilyushin Il-38 Maymaritime patrol aircraft had chased off what was presumed to be a U.S. Virginia-class attack submarine. A spokesman for European ...
Chicago Daily Herald
Thu, 28 Aug 2014 04:48:45 -0700
Putin has also ordered a study into resuming Ilyushin Il-114 turboprop production at the Aviakor plant in Samara, southeast of Moscow, with results of the assessment due next month. That plane seats only 65 people and can fly no further than 1,500 ...
Thu, 28 Aug 2014 07:48:45 -0700
A Malaysia Airlines plane prepares to go out onto the runway and passes by a stationary Chinese Ilyushin 76 aircraft (top) at Perth International Airport on March 25, 2014 in Perth, Australia. Getty Images ...
Fri, 29 Aug 2014 12:41:15 -0700
BELGRADE – Russia's Ilyushin Il-76 airlifter, carrying 20 tons of humanitarian aid for the Serbians, who are suffering from severe floods, will arrive at the Batajnica military airport near Belgrade on August 30, a source at the Russian embassy in ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
You can talk about Ilyushin with people all over the world in our discussions.