|"If You Ever Have Forever in Mind"|
|Single by Vince Gill|
|from the album The Key|
|B-side||"Given More Time"|
|Released||May 25, 1998|
|Writer(s)||Vince Gill, Troy Seals|
|Vince Gill singles chronology|
"If You Ever Have Forever in Mind" is a song co-written and recorded by American country music artist Vince Gill. It was released in May 1998 as the first single from the album The Key. The song reached number 5 on the Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks chart and number 1 in Canada. It also won Gill the Grammy Award for Best Male Country Vocal Performance. It was written by Gill and Troy Seals.
Chuck Taylor, of Billboard magazine reviewed the song favorably saying that "there's a classy vintage sound to this soft ballad." He goes on to say that the "delicate piano and whispery percussion underscore Gil's silky vocal performance."
The music video was directed by Jim Shea and premiered in early 1998.
"If You Ever Have Forever in Mind" debuted at number 61 on the U.S. Billboard Hot Country Singles & Tracks for the week of May 30, 1998.
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||1|
|US Billboard Hot 100||60|
|US Hot Country Songs (Billboard)||5|
|Canada Country Tracks (RPM)||20|
|US Country Songs (Billboard)||43|
- Whitburn, Joel (2008). Hot Country Songs 1944 to 2008. Record Research, Inc. pp. 159–160. ISBN 0-89820-177-2.
- Billboard, May 30, 1998
- "Top RPM Country Tracks: Issue 7946." RPM. Library and Archives Canada. September 14, 1998. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
- "Vince Gill – Chart history" Billboard Hot 100 for Vince Gill.
- "Vince Gill – Chart history" Billboard Hot Country Songs for Vince Gill.
- "RPM Top 100 Country Tracks of 1998". RPM. December 14, 1998. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
- "Best of 1998: Country Songs". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. 1998. Retrieved July 14, 2013.
by George Strait
|RPM Country Tracks
September 14, 1998
by Jo Dee Messina
|This 1990s country song-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia. A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.