|Born||Ida Nerina Hussain
13 January 1964
|Occupation||Actress, producer & director|
Ida Nerina Hussain (born 13 January 1964) is a Malaysian actress, producer and director.
- 1 Awards
- 2 Biography
- 3 Filmography
- 4 References
- 5 External links
- 1992 Anugerah Skrin TV3 Best Actress- Anak Angkat
- 1998 Malaysian Film Festival Best Actress – Layar Lara
- 2000 Malaysian Film Festival Best Supporting Actress – Mimpi Moon
- 2005 Malaysian Film Festival Best Supporting Actress – Sepet
- 2006 Malaysian Film Workers Association (PPFM) Oscars Best Actress – Langit Maghrib
- 2009 Anugerah Skrin Best Supporting Actress Susuk
The early 1990s saw Ida venturing in to TV programs and feature films. Her portrayal of E.J. in Shuhaimi Baba's 1992 award winning film Selubung saw her being nominated for Best Actress in a Supporting Role at the 10th Malaysian Film Festival that same year. It was her first ever performance in feature film. Following that first nomination, Ida has since been nominated and awarded for number of her many performance in numerous local feature films including the Best Actress award for Shuhaimi Baba's 1997 – Layar Lara at the 13th Malaysian Film Festival, for her portrayal of Ena Manja Lara. Layar Lara, a hugely popular Malay film also received international acclamation when awarded at the Brussels Independent Film Festival in 1997.
Ida who has been actively involved in the Malasian film industry appearing in a number of acclaimed Malay films such as Mimpi Moob, Sara, Pontianak Harum Sundal Malam, "Sepet, Gubra and the most recently released Hati Malaya (a Shuhaimi Baba film honouring the Malaysian founding fathers who strived to free the country from British colonial rule where Ida plays Datin Halimah, wife of Dato Onn Jaafar).
Throughout the years Ida has collaborated with many people such as Aziz M. Osman, Yasmin Ahmad, Datuk Yusof Haslam, Shuhaimi Baba, Datuk Lat and many more; and continues to play a role in her country's film industry.
22, 9 June (Mon).
The local entertainment scene was in shock Monday morning after Malay-language media reported that popular actress Ida Nerina had fractured her spine in a fall.
- Selubung (1992)
- XX Ray II (1995)
- Pesona Cinta (1995)
- Layar Lara (1997)
- Mimpi Moon (1999)
- Sara (2001)
- Gerak Khas The Movie 2 (2002)
- Pontianak Harum Sundal Malam (2003)
- Sepet (2004)
- Pontianak Harum Sundal Malam 2 (2004)
- Baik Punya Cilok (2005)
- Anak (2006)
- Waris Jari Hantu (2006)
- Los & Faun (2006)
- Susuk (2006)
- Gubra (2006)
- 1957: Hati Malaya (2007)
- Wayang (2007)
- Talentime (2009)
- Nuriana – directed by Syed Alwi. Ida's was the role of a ghost in present-day Kuala Lumpur.
- Terang-Terang – directed by Shuhaimi Baba
- Anak Angkat – directed by Aziz M. Osman.
- Duda – directed by Nasir Jani. Role – Rough cut single-parent factory worker.
- Antara Bulan dan Sutera – directed by Kamal Rozza. Role as a mentally disturbed writer accused of murdering her husband.
- Ratu Jamu – directed by Erma Fatima
- Cemas – directed by Hadzrin Husni. Role – Company executive who gets caught up with smugglers.
- Tunggu Sekejap – directed by Aziz M. Osman. Role as a divorcee and mother of a child.
- Sekali Peristiwa – directed by M. Osman. Role as a gold digging young wife.
- Aku Anak Siapa – directed by Erma Fatima. Ida was nominated and short-listed for Best Actress at TV3's awards, 1995 for her portrayal of Mastura, a prostitute with an illegitimate child and an abusive pimp.
- Cinta Selluloid – directed by Aziz M. Osman. Role – successful film star whom falls in love with her leading man.
- Pinggiran – directed by Ismail Yaakob. Role as a partially deaf girl who falls in love with a blind man.
- Amer & Amera – directed by Rashid Sibir. Ida's role was a dyke closet sceptic exec, afraid of love but falls in.
- Permit – directed by Erma Fatima. Role as a woman who falls in love with an illegal immigrant.
- Oh Mama – directed by M. Rajoli.
- Tarian Hidup – directed by S. Amin Shahab
- Ladang – directed by Aida Fitri Buyong. A Bohemian artist who gets tangled up in her best friend's family feud.
- Mengejar Zuriah – directed by Aida Fitri Buyong. Role – 30 something mother-of-two, primary school teacher of a somewhat lost in time family.
- Beras Kunyit Dipagi Raya – Directed by Jinggo. Ida's return to the small screen sees her co-starring with Rosyam Noor. A love story about a couple, estranged from their mothers to remain together.
- Langit Maghrib – Ida plays a woman who loses her whole family on the eve of Adilfitri and is haunted by their ghosts. Directed by Raja Ahmad Alauddin and produced by Grand Brilliance for TV3. Ida garnered her 5th award, Best Actress for her role at PPFM's Oscars.
- Chah – Ida plays the title role of a village girl who has a series of horrifying misfortunes in her life which causes her to go mad. Directed by Rashid Sibir.
- Hujan Malam – Opera Klasik telemovie, directed by Rashid Sibir
- Sandaran Kasih – Ida plays a woman dying of bone cancer who has to come to terms and make peace with her father and leave her son. Grand Brilliance telemovie for Raya Haji, directed by Adam Hamid
- Residen – Ida is one of 5 film crew who get caught up in a haunted house they recce. Grand Brilliance Telemovie for Ntv7, directed by Ismail Yaakob
- Talk About Love – This English situational comedy is in collaboration with co-actor Zahim Albakri and writers Yasmin Yaacob, Na'a Murad and Mira Mustaffa. The sit-com revolves around the lives and loves of TV professionals centred within a TV station which produces a weekly magazine show Talk About Town. Ida plays Helena Hamid.
- Fatimah Psikik – Ida plays the title role of Fatimah in this mini-series of 5 Episodes of 45 minutes. The story revolves around Fatimah, who survives after being struck by lightning. Diagnosed as Fatimah suffers from amnesia but discovers the world of psychic phenomenon. Co-directed by Shuhaimi Baba and Ibrahim Elyas
- Talk About Love – recorded its second season after a successful screening of its first season early on the year. The series was also highly commended at the last Asia TV Awards held in Singapore at the end of 2006.
- 1,2,3 Baby! – Ida's directorial debut in television – new parental programme from the same producers of 3R, Red Communications.
- Astana Idaman 2 – Astro Ria's signature soap show. Ida character, Ersla, is a semi-regular on this popular TV show.
- Aku Lelaki – An English sitcom
- Agen 016 – Comedy series whereby Ida's role was semi-regular scientist.
- Mitosastras – A mini-series for TV3's Samarinda slot.
- Sandaran Kasih – directed by Adam Hamid.
- Residen – directed by Ismail Yakob.
- The Amazing Race Asia 3 – The Asian version of The Amazing Race reality TV show where Ida Nerina and her friend Tania finished 3rd in the race.
- WOMEN 100 – Ida directed 8 short plays about women LIPSTICK & elbowGREASE for the launch of 100th International Women's Day.
- Ida Nerina Official site
- Ida Nerina at the Internet Movie Database
- Ida Nerina profile at Sinema Malaysia
- Yahoo Celebrity Bio