Hunnan New Area was envisaged in 1988 as one of the National High And New Technology Industry Development Zones in the first batch by the State Council in 1991. Construction began in 1991 and finished in 2001.  The area was constructed fully on October 16, 2001. 
It became the gateway for technology for high technology and manufacturing.
The park also includes the following development areas:
- Shenyang High-tech Industrial Development Zone
- Shenyang Export Processing Zone
- Shenyang Singapore Industrial Park
Hunnan New District has four wind power projects which is on target to produce 0.75 MW to 2.7 MW of power.
- "Hunnan New District". Retrieved 21 September 2010.
- Shenyang High-tech Industrial Development Zone (including Shenyang Cross-strait Technological Park)-6 Aug 2010
- Admin (Jan 15, 2010). "Shenyang Power Group’s U.S. subsidiary set up". Retrieved 21 September 2010.
|This Liaoning location article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|