Hosh Muhammad Sheedi
Hyderabad, Sindh, India, (now Pakistan)
|Battles/wars||Battle of Dubba|
General Hosh Muhammad Sheedi or Hoshu Sheedi (Sindhi: هوش محمد شيدي; Urdu: ہوش محمّد شیدی) was a supreme commander of Sindh's Talpur army. Hoshu Sheedi fought with valor against the British forces under Sir Charles Napier at the Battle of Dabbo, and martyred in the defense of his homeland on March 24, 1843.
|“||مرويسون پر سنڌ، نه ڏيسون||”|
Hosh Muhammad was born in 1801. Before joining the army, he worked at the residence of Talpur rulers.
The historical mausoleum of Hosho Sheedi is in Dubee, a small village approximately 10 kilometres from Hyderabad. It was built to pay tribute to the war martyrs and was declared a heritage site. The building needs the maintenance now.
- Mir Atta Muhammad Talpur. "Remembering Battle of Dubbo". http://www.talpur.org. Retrieved January 4, 2014.
- Sikander Ali Nizamani (April 18, 2006). "Sheedi Community of Sindh, Pakistan". http://www.sanalist.org. Retrieved January 4, 2014.
- Faiz Mohammad Soomro (1997). Cultural History of Sind. Retrieved January 4, 2014.
- Awaz TV documentary on Hosh Muhammad Sheedi on YouTube
- Hosh Muhammad Sheedi Flyover, Qasimabad, Hyderabad, Sindh
- Sindh Sheedi Samaji Welfare Sangat