This article is about the Austroasiatic language of India. For the Tibeto-Burman language also known as Ho of China, Vietnam and Laos, see Hani language
Ho (also known as Bihar Ho and Lanka Kol) is a Munda language of the Austroasiatic language family spoken primarily in India by about 1.04 million people (0.103% of India's population) per the 2001 census. It is spoken by the Ho people. It is written with the Ol Chiki, Devanagari and the Varang Kshiti scripts. The latter script was invented by pandit Dr. Lako Bodra.
The largest concentrations of Ho speakers are in the East Singhbhum district of southern Jharkhand and in the Mayurbhanj district and Keonjhar district of northern Odisha. Ho is close to Mundari, although the southern Ho dialects, e.g., Mayurbhanj, are less similar to Mundari than the Jharkhand dialects to the north (Anderson 2008:196).
- ^ Ho at Ethnologue (17th ed., 2013)
- ^ Nordhoff, Sebastian; Hammarström, Harald; Forkel, Robert; Haspelmath, Martin, eds. (2013). "Ho". Glottolog 2.2. Leipzig: Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology.
- Anderson, Gregory D.S (ed). 2008. The Munda languages. Routledge Language Family Series 3.New York: Routledge. ISBN 0-415-32890-X.
- Deeney, J. J. (1991). Introduction to the Ho language: [learn Ho quickly and well]. Chaibasa: Xavier Ho Publications.
- Burrows, L. (1915). Ho grammar: with vocabulary.
- Deeney, J. J. (1975). Ho grammar and vocabulary. Chaibasa: Xavier Ho Publications.
- Hembram, D.r. "Shishu Halang" Part-2. jharkhand Publications.
- Bandia, Kaira Singh. "OL INITU".
- Bodra, Lako. "Saraswati Gwari".
- Bodra, Lako. "Baha Buru-Bonga Buru" in Ho language.
- Bodra, Lako. "Kol Rule" in Hindi.
- Bodra, Lako. "Kol Rule" in Ho by Dr. lako bodra.
- Bodra, Lako. "Halang Halpung" in Ho By Dr. lako bodra.
- Bodra, Lako. "Sahar Hora" part-1 by Dr. lako bodra.
- Bodra, Lako. (2000). "Sishu Alang" part I & part II by Dr. lako bodra.
- lala rai niranjan Shrivastav, Bhubaneswar prasad Awasthi, S.A.B.D.Hans,Dulay ch. munda. "Munda lokgeet abang lokkathayain".
- Bible Society of India, "Jiban Reya Hora" By Bible Society of India.
- Paleya, Padiyar., "Landa Bagan" Padiyar Paleya.
- Tiu, Prafulla., "Oriya-Ho" Language Translation. By Prafulla tiu.
- Honhage, Vibhishan." Sing Bonga Ashra". (1968).
- Deogam, Moraji., "Luku Hadam Deshum-Rumul".(1993).by Moraji Deogam.
- Purty, Dhanursingh, "Ho-Dishum Ho Honko" seven volumes.(1982) Xavier Ho Publications.
- Tiu, Soneya Kumar, "Re-ed-Ranu" PRACTICE OF MEDICINE. (Allopathic, Birth control & Horo vocabulary).physician Soneya Kumar Tiu.(1976).
- Deogam, Chandrabhusan, "Larka Ho", by Chandrabhusan Deogam.
- Purty, Laxman., "Elabu Padawa" Part-II. By Laxman Purty.
- Gagarai, Ghanshyam., "Parichaya" (Adivasi Ho Samaj). by Ghanshyam Gagarai.(6.10.1993). published by Krishi ebang jilla samanbayak. south Bihar, Jamshedpur.
- Tiu, Singhrai, "Warang Chiti Chinab" in Ho. by Singhrai Tiu.
- Bodra, Bagun, "Sishu Seyan" in Ho by Bagun Bodra. approved by Ho Bhasa Sahitya Vikash Samity Chaibasa, Singhbhum(W.)Bihar.
- Tiriya, Kali Charan, "SUSAR".publishes By Sida Hora Susar Aakala, Orissa, bhubaneswar.(1985).
- Sikander Tamsoy, Raiman kudada,Dobro Buliuli. "Dupub-Dustoor meeyad-marshal".
- Tiu, D.R. Soneya Kumar,."TURTUNG" by D.R. Soneya Kumar Tiu.
- Kumar, Bajra Bihari,. "HINDI-HO DICTIONARY". by Bajra Bihari Kumar. Nagaland Bhasha Parishad, Kohima. 395 pages.
- Uxbond,F.A., "Munda-Magyar-Maori". by F.A.Uxbond.london lUZAC & CO. 46, GREAT RUSSELL STREET.(1928).
- Hasan, Amir, " Kols Of Patta" by Amir Hasan(I.A.S).
- P.Ponette, S.J., "THE MUNDA WORLD". By FR J.B.HOFFMANN, S.J.(1978)Catholic Press Ranchi.
- Deeney, J. J. (1978). Ho-English Dictionary. Chaibassa: Xavier Ho Publications.
- Anderson, Gregory D. S., Toshiki Osada and K. David Harrison. "Ho and the other Kherwarian Languages" In Gregory Anderson (ed.) Munda Languages. (2008). Routledge. ISBN 978-0-415-32890-6
Ho language origin myth as told by K. C. Naik Biruli
Ho language origin myth as told by K. C. Naik Biruli, in Bhubeneshwar, India, 2007. The story of past times. Once there was old man Luku and old woman Lukumi...
THE LANGUAGE OF LOVE 'Amazing' Ellen DeGeneres
'This is amazing.' Ellen DeGeneres. 'Amazing!' (Stephen Fry). This short 'will melt your heart' (The Advocate). 'Must watch' (Dannii Minogue) For more info, ...
Language Apprentice: Bringing Back the Ho-Chunk Language
Arlene Blackdeer, a language apprentice for the Hoocak Waaziija Haci Language Division of the Ho-Chunk Nation, shares her experience and community's effort t...
"Tum Hi Ho" - aashiqui 2 in BHOJPURI LANGUAGE COVERED BY JAYESH VARMA
"TUM HI HO" Playback'd By Arijit singh For Movie "aashiqui 2" - The Same Song Is Re-Recorded On Karaoke Music Track In Voice Of On Growing New Singer Of Sura...
WPT In Wisconsin - Ho-Chunk Language
Wisconsin's Ho-Chunk Nation is trying to keep its culture alive by teaching younger members to speak the language. There are 7000 members in the tribe and o...
Good News HO People/Language Movie Trailer
See http://wlmov.com/program/c22300 for the full Good News HO Movie .......... This is: Good News HO People/Language Movie Trailer c22300 [c22300t] Other nam...
Georgie Najaryan - Ho Ho Watanay (Indian lullaby in Czech language)
Pro moji maminku ktera mi to zpivala v detstvi, pro moji hodnou dusicku kamaradku Lenku Polynkovou ktera me o nahrani pozadala, jeji dcerku a vsechny rodice ...
A Letter from Hell - HO Language Film
A man, who reached hell after his sudden death, writes a letter to his Christian friend, asking him why he did not tell the truth about the heaven and hell. ...
Sohail Khan's Body Language Analysed Post Jai Ho's Bad Review!! - UTVSTARS HD
After a gap of one year when Bollywood superstar Salman Khan's movie 'Jai Ho' hit the theatres few trade analysts were confident that it will cross the Rs 20...
SINGHAM in Ho language
this video is not a original, this is a duplicat edited clip in Aadivasi (Ho) language only for your entertainment by Prithivi multimedia & Priti video. This...
Thu, 22 Aug 2013 09:35:50 -0700
BJP Rajya Sabha MP Dharmendra Pradhan today led a delegation to Minister of State for Home R P N Singh to demand that Ho, a language spoken by Ho, Munda, Kol and Kolha tribals of Odisha, Jharkhand and West Bengal be included in the Eighth ...
Times of India
Mon, 18 Jul 2011 12:08:20 -0700
KEONJHAR: Lakhs of tribals belonging to the Ho community of Orissa, Jharkhand and West Bengal have reason to cheer they are hopeful that their language will get official recognition soon. The state government sent a recommendation to the Centre to ...
Sat, 01 Mar 2014 14:07:30 -0800
Arguing to include Ho, a language spoken in the tribal areas, in the Eighth Schedule, Naveen said Ho language was the mother tongue of more than a million tribal people living on the borders of Odisha and Jharkhand. It also satisfies a majority of the ...
Mon, 06 Oct 2014 11:52:05 -0700
He said that Sambalpuri is the mother tongue of about 7.5 million people in 10 contiguous districts of western Odisha and Ho language is spoken by over a million tribals living on the borders of Odisha and Jharkhand. He requested Modi to include these ...
Mon, 03 Feb 2014 14:07:30 -0800
After a while, she stands beside her teachers in the classroom and sings a song in her native Ho language in a clear, trilling voice. When we are coming back, the children are busy at a game of musical chairs, played without chairs. The headmaster is ...
Sat, 28 Dec 2013 01:09:20 -0800
In the K'ho language, Dambri means "waiting." Visitors can climb up to the small café on the top to see the panoramic view of the waterfall or continue your exploration by following the trail through the forest to reach the upstream, or go up to the ...
Mon, 20 May 2013 16:56:53 -0700
Teenagers are living in exciting times. Technology has made it easy to write music, take photos, edit film, or even make a radio show. Anyone with the appropriate technology can have a stab at doing these things. Technology is also making it easier to ...
Wed, 24 Apr 2013 00:17:18 -0700
MORGAN: I understand all the gung-ho language you're using. Here's the point I'm making to you. Do you realize that if you torture this man, what you're basically endorsing is the torture of American citizens for committing domestic crimes inside America?
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
Digplanet also receives support from Searchlight Group.