This article is about the Austroasiatic language of India. For the Tibeto-Burman language also known as Ho of China, Vietnam and Laos, see Hani language
Ho (also known as Bihar Ho and Lanka Kol) is a Munda language of the Austroasiatic language family spoken primarily in India by about 1.04 million people (0.103% of India's population) per the 2001 census. It is spoken by the Ho people and is written with the "Varang Kshiti" (also "Warang Chiti" script). In some regions, in Oriya, Devanagari and Latin  but are considered non-ideal by the native speakers who prefer exclusive use of Varang Kshiti.  The name "Ho" is derived from the native word "ho", which means "human".
The largest concentrations of Ho speakers are in the East Singhbhum district of southern Jharkhand and in the Mayurbhanj district and Keonjhar district of northern Odisha. Ho is closer to the Mayurbhanj dialect of Mundari than the language spoken in Jharkhand. Although Ho and Mundari are linguistically closer, the ethnic identity of the speakers is distinct. 
- ^ Ho at Ethnologue (18th ed., 2015)
- ^ Nordhoff, Sebastian; Hammarström, Harald; Forkel, Robert; Haspelmath, Martin, eds. (2013). "Ho". Glottolog. Leipzig: Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology.
- ^ "The Warang Chiti Alphabet". Swarthmore.edu. Retrieved 19 March 2015.
- ^ Harrison, Anderson, David, Gregory. "Review of Proposal for Encoding Warang Chiti (Hoorthography) in Unicode" (PDF). Retrieved 19 March 2015.
- ^ a b "Ho Web Sketch: Ho writing" (PDF). Livingtongues.org. Retrieved 19 March 2015.
- ^ Anderson, edited by Gregory S. (2008). The Munda languages (1. publ. ed.). London: Routledge. ISBN 0-415-32890-X.
- Deeney, J. J. (1991). Introduction to the Ho language: [learn Ho quickly and well]. Chaibasa: Xavier Ho Publications.
- Burrows, L. (1915). Ho grammar: with vocabulary.
- Deeney, J. J. (1975). Ho grammar and vocabulary. Chaibasa: Xavier Ho Publications.
- Hembram, D.r. "Shishu Halang" Part-2. jharkhand Publications.
- Bandia, Kaira Singh. "OL INITU".
- Bodra, Lako. "Saraswati Gwari".
- Bodra, Lako. "Baha Buru-Bonga Buru" in Ho language.
- Bodra, Lako. "Kol Rule" in Hindi.
- Bodra, Lako. "Kol Rule" in Ho by Dr. lako bodra.
- Bodra, Lako. "Halang Halpung" in Ho By Dr. lako bodra.
- Bodra, Lako. "Sahar Hora" part-1 by Dr. lako bodra.
- Bodra, Lako. (2000). "Sishu Alang" part I & part II by Dr. lako bodra.
- lala rai niranjan Shrivastav, Bhubaneswar prasad Awasthi, S.A.B.D.Hans,Dulay ch. munda. "Munda lokgeet abang lokkathayain".
- Bible Society of India, "Jiban Reya Hora" By Bible Society of India.
- Paleya, Padiyar., "Landa Bagan" Padiyar Paleya.
- Tiu, Prafulla., "Oriya-Ho" Language Translation. By Prafulla tiu.
- Honhage, Vibhishan." Sing Bonga Ashra". (1968).
- Deogam, Moraji., "Luku Hadam Deshum-Rumul".(1993).by Moraji Deogam.
- Purty, Dhanursingh, "Ho-Dishum Ho Honko" seven volumes.(1982) Xavier Ho Publications.
- Tiu, Soneya Kumar, "Re-ed-Ranu" PRACTICE OF MEDICINE. (Allopathic, Birth control & Horo vocabulary).physician Soneya Kumar Tiu.(1976).
- Deogam, Chandrabhusan, "Larka Ho", by Chandrabhusan Deogam.
- Purty, Laxman., "Elabu Padawa" Part-II. By Laxman Purty.
- Gagarai, Ghanshyam., "Parichaya" (Adivasi Ho Samaj). by Ghanshyam Gagarai.(6.10.1993). published by Krishi ebang jilla samanbayak. south Bihar, Jamshedpur.
- Tiu, Singhrai, "Warang Chiti Chinab" in Ho. by Singhrai Tiu.
- Bodra, Bagun, "Sishu Seyan" in Ho by Bagun Bodra. approved by Ho Bhasa Sahitya Vikash Samity Chaibasa, Singhbhum(W.)Bihar.
- Tiriya, Kali Charan, "SUSAR".publishes By Sida Hora Susar Aakala, Orissa, bhubaneswar.(1985).
- Sikander Tamsoy, Raiman kudada,Dobro Buliuli. "Dupub-Dustoor meeyad-marshal".
- Tiu, D.R. Soneya Kumar,."TURTUNG" by D.R. Soneya Kumar Tiu.
- Kumar, Bajra Bihari,. "HINDI-HO DICTIONARY". by Bajra Bihari Kumar. Nagaland Bhasha Parishad, Kohima. 395 pages.
- Uxbond,F.A., "Munda-Magyar-Maori". by F.A.Uxbond.london lUZAC & CO. 46, GREAT RUSSELL STREET.(1928).
- Hasan, Amir, " Kols Of Patta" by Amir Hasan(I.A.S).
- P.Ponette, S.J., "THE MUNDA WORLD". By FR J.B.HOFFMANN, S.J.(1978)Catholic Press Ranchi.
- Deeney, J. J. (1978). Ho-English Dictionary. Chaibassa: Xavier Ho Publications.
- Anderson, Gregory D. S., Toshiki Osada and K. David Harrison. "Ho and the other Kherwarian Languages" In Gregory Anderson (ed.) Munda Languages. (2008). Routledge. ISBN 978-0-415-32890-6
Tue, 25 Aug 2015 10:37:30 -0700
'Kami Jani Kurai', A book in Santali by Hemant Shekhar Murmu, 'Senya Rumul', a collection of poems in Ho language by Guru Charan Purti and so on, 'Sisu Senya', An illustrative book on Ho alphabets authored by Bagun Bodra, a Ho language teacher and ...
Times of India
Wed, 19 Aug 2015 17:56:15 -0700
The teenager was produced at the child welfare committee (CWC) from where she was sent to shelter home, Premashray, for counselling. The girl cannot speak in Hindi and communicates only in Ho language, which caused a bit of a problem in interaction.
Wed, 12 Aug 2015 10:03:45 -0700
The other guests included Mr Biren Jamuda, a local tribal leader, Mr Damodar Hansda of Adivasi Ho Mahasabha, Saraikela-Kharsawan, also a Ho language expert, and Mr Jagannath Hansda, another Ho language expert from Jharkhand. Mr Ambika Prasad ...
Odisha Sun Times
Times of India
Tue, 14 Jul 2015 07:46:29 -0700
BHUBANESWAR: Ahead of the elections for two newly created municipal corporations—Sambalpur and Rourkela, chief minister Naveen Patnaik on Tuesday urged the Centre to expedite inclusion of Sambalpuri/Kosali and Ho languages in the Eighth ...
Fri, 26 Jun 2015 01:15:00 -0700
Written and Directed by a journalist-turned-film director Vinod Kapri, "Miss Tanakpur Haazir Ho" is a social satire inspired by true events. The film delves into how; numerous, ridiculously false and blatantly obscure cases are registered in the Indian ...
Times of India
Mon, 18 Jul 2011 12:08:20 -0700
KEONJHAR: Lakhs of tribals belonging to the Ho community of Orissa, Jharkhand and West Bengal have reason to cheer they are hopeful that their language will get official recognition soon. The state government sent a recommendation to the Centre to ...
Wed, 24 Jun 2015 10:48:31 -0700
The khap panchayat in Muzaffarnagar, Uttar Pradesh, is said to have warned cinema hall owners that whoever plays “Miss Tanakpur Haazir Ho” will run the risk of their properties being damaged. The threat has scared the exhibitors, who have decided ...
Sat, 25 Jul 2015 11:33:45 -0700
This type of condescending, colonial-overlord, slave-master and gung-ho language and contribution from this foreigner is most unhelpful and it is totally unacceptable. This is all the more so because his words are simply not true. Whether the Leahy's ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
Digplanet also receives support from Searchlight Group.