This article is about the Austroasiatic language of India. For the Tibeto-Burman language also known as Ho of China, Vietnam and Laos, see Hani language
Ho (also known as Bihar Ho and Lanka Kol) is a Munda language of the Austroasiatic language family spoken primarily in India by about 1.04 million people (0.103% of India's population) per the 2001 census. It is spoken by the Ho people and is written with the "Varang Kshiti" (also "Warang Chiti" script). In some regions, in Oriya, Devanagari and Latin  but are considered non-ideal by the native speakers who prefer exclusive use of Varang Kshiti.  The name "Ho" is derived from the native word "ho", which means "human".
The largest concentrations of Ho speakers are in the East Singhbhum district of southern Jharkhand and in the Mayurbhanj district and Keonjhar district of northern Odisha. Ho is closer to the Mayurbhanj dialect of Mundari than the language spoken in Jharkhand. Although Ho and Mundari are linguistically closer, the ethnic identity of the speakers is distinct. 
- ^ Ho at Ethnologue (18th ed., 2015)
- ^ Nordhoff, Sebastian; Hammarström, Harald; Forkel, Robert; Haspelmath, Martin, eds. (2013). "Ho". Glottolog. Leipzig: Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology.
- ^ "The Warang Chiti Alphabet". Swarthmore.edu. Retrieved 19 March 2015.
- ^ Harrison, Anderson, David, Gregory. "Review of Proposal for Encoding Warang Chiti (Hoorthography) in Unicode" (PDF). Retrieved 19 March 2015.
- ^ a b "Ho Web Sketch: Ho writing" (PDF). Livingtongues.org. Retrieved 19 March 2015.
- ^ Anderson, edited by Gregory S. (2008). The Munda languages (1. publ. ed.). London: Routledge. ISBN 0-415-32890-X.
- Deeney, J. J. (1991). Introduction to the Ho language: [learn Ho quickly and well]. Chaibasa: Xavier Ho Publications.
- Burrows, L. (1915). Ho grammar: with vocabulary.
- Deeney, J. J. (1975). Ho grammar and vocabulary. Chaibasa: Xavier Ho Publications.
- Hembram, D.r. "Shishu Halang" Part-2. jharkhand Publications.
- Bandia, Kaira Singh. "OL INITU".
- Bodra, Lako. "Saraswati Gwari".
- Bodra, Lako. "Baha Buru-Bonga Buru" in Ho language.
- Bodra, Lako. "Kol Rule" in Hindi.
- Bodra, Lako. "Kol Rule" in Ho by Dr. lako bodra.
- Bodra, Lako. "Halang Halpung" in Ho By Dr. lako bodra.
- Bodra, Lako. "Sahar Hora" part-1 by Dr. lako bodra.
- Bodra, Lako. (2000). "Sishu Alang" part I & part II by Dr. lako bodra.
- lala rai niranjan Shrivastav, Bhubaneswar prasad Awasthi, S.A.B.D.Hans,Dulay ch. munda. "Munda lokgeet abang lokkathayain".
- Bible Society of India, "Jiban Reya Hora" By Bible Society of India.
- Paleya, Padiyar., "Landa Bagan" Padiyar Paleya.
- Tiu, Prafulla., "Oriya-Ho" Language Translation. By Prafulla tiu.
- Honhage, Vibhishan." Sing Bonga Ashra". (1968).
- Deogam, Moraji., "Luku Hadam Deshum-Rumul".(1993).by Moraji Deogam.
- Purty, Dhanursingh, "Ho-Dishum Ho Honko" seven volumes.(1982) Xavier Ho Publications.
- Tiu, Soneya Kumar, "Re-ed-Ranu" PRACTICE OF MEDICINE. (Allopathic, Birth control & Horo vocabulary).physician Soneya Kumar Tiu.(1976).
- Deogam, Chandrabhusan, "Larka Ho", by Chandrabhusan Deogam.
- Purty, Laxman., "Elabu Padawa" Part-II. By Laxman Purty.
- Gagarai, Ghanshyam., "Parichaya" (Adivasi Ho Samaj). by Ghanshyam Gagarai.(6.10.1993). published by Krishi ebang jilla samanbayak. south Bihar, Jamshedpur.
- Tiu, Singhrai, "Warang Chiti Chinab" in Ho. by Singhrai Tiu.
- Bodra, Bagun, "Sishu Seyan" in Ho by Bagun Bodra. approved by Ho Bhasa Sahitya Vikash Samity Chaibasa, Singhbhum(W.)Bihar.
- Tiriya, Kali Charan, "SUSAR".publishes By Sida Hora Susar Aakala, Orissa, bhubaneswar.(1985).
- Sikander Tamsoy, Raiman kudada,Dobro Buliuli. "Dupub-Dustoor meeyad-marshal".
- Tiu, D.R. Soneya Kumar,."TURTUNG" by D.R. Soneya Kumar Tiu.
- Kumar, Bajra Bihari,. "HINDI-HO DICTIONARY". by Bajra Bihari Kumar. Nagaland Bhasha Parishad, Kohima. 395 pages.
- Uxbond,F.A., "Munda-Magyar-Maori". by F.A.Uxbond.london lUZAC & CO. 46, GREAT RUSSELL STREET.(1928).
- Hasan, Amir, " Kols Of Patta" by Amir Hasan(I.A.S).
- P.Ponette, S.J., "THE MUNDA WORLD". By FR J.B.HOFFMANN, S.J.(1978)Catholic Press Ranchi.
- Deeney, J. J. (1978). Ho-English Dictionary. Chaibassa: Xavier Ho Publications.
- Anderson, Gregory D. S., Toshiki Osada and K. David Harrison. "Ho and the other Kherwarian Languages" In Gregory Anderson (ed.) Munda Languages. (2008). Routledge. ISBN 978-0-415-32890-6
Youth Ki Awaaz
Youth Ki Awaaz
Tue, 07 Jul 2015 04:56:08 -0700
So I wanted someone jo Punjab aur Haryana border ka ho. Language mein thodi Haryanvi aur Punjabi mixed ho. And I thought it would be an interesting clash, Chutki jitni upmarket banti hai, Shopkeeper utna hi desi hai.” That his videos shot to “InstaFame ...
Thu, 22 Aug 2013 09:35:50 -0700
BJP Rajya Sabha MP Dharmendra Pradhan today led a delegation to Minister of State for Home R P N Singh to demand that Ho, a language spoken by Ho, Munda, Kol and Kolha tribals of Odisha, Jharkhand and West Bengal be included in the Eighth ...
Times of India
Mon, 18 Jul 2011 12:08:20 -0700
KEONJHAR: Lakhs of tribals belonging to the Ho community of Orissa, Jharkhand and West Bengal have reason to cheer they are hopeful that their language will get official recognition soon. The state government sent a recommendation to the Centre to ...
Sat, 14 Feb 2015 16:04:52 -0800
Even the dynamic, gung-ho language Alex uses – 'chuck, fling, bung, throw' – reflects her down-to-earth approach. 'We all live busy lives, and those moments when we eat together are special, to be treasured, so why make life more complicated than it ...
Wed, 03 Dec 2014 13:33:02 -0800
It has included the Ho language in the Eighth Schedule. We have integrated indigenous systems of people's participation in decision-making in the mainstream, like the Manki-Munda Sangh. We work on the principles of inclusion. But Babulal Marandi, your ...
Mon, 06 Oct 2014 11:45:00 -0700
He said that Sambalpuri is the mother tongue of about 7.5 million people in 10 contiguous districts of western Odisha and Ho language is spoken by over a million tribals living on the borders of Odisha and Jharkhand. He requested Modi to include these ...
Sun, 17 May 2015 21:30:00 -0700
Cannes: Bollywood diva Aishwarya Rai Bachchan made a stunning red carpet appearance at the Cannes film festival in an emerald-green Elie Saab glittering gown. The 41-year-old former Miss World presented a relaxed self in the sleeveless net dress, ...
Sun, 10 May 2015 02:00:00 -0700
Mumbai: Actor Ranbir Kapoor has finally confirmed his relationship with actress Katrina Kaif after years of dodging media speculations and also revealed he will marry her by the end of next year. Ranbir, who is usually guarded about his personal life ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
Digplanet also receives support from Searchlight Group.