Best Direction of an Opera
|Presented by||Live Performance Australia (LPA)|
|Official website||Official website|
The Helpmann Award for Best Direction of an Opera is an award presented by Live Performance Australia (LPA), an employers' organisation which serves as the peak body in the live entertainment and performing arts industries in Australia. The accolade is handed out at the annual Helpmann Awards, which celebrates achievements in musical theatre, contemporary music, comedy, opera, classical music, theatre, dance and physical theatre.
The award is given to the "director who has made a material contribution to the Australian aspect of the production." The nominees are determined by the Opera and Classical Music branch of the Helpmann Awards Nominating Panel; winners are chosen by all branches of the Nominating Panel, and other eligible voters.
Winners and nominees
- A^ : The win for Dead Man Walking was for Joe Mantello, credited for "production", and Brad Dalton who oversaw the rehearsal and direction of the opera in Australia.
- "Helpmann Awards - About". Helpmann Awards (Live Performance Australia (LPA)). Retrieved 31 December 2012.
- "Chapter 3 - The Awards; Rule 6.6: Award Categories". Helpmann Awards Rules Revised 28 January 2011. Live Performance Australia (LPA). Retrieved 31 December 2012.
- "Helpmann Awards - Voting". Helpmann Awards (Live Performance Australia (LPA)). Retrieved 31 December 2012.
- "Helpmann Awards - Nominees". Helpmann Awards (Live Performance Australia). Retrieved 2011-010-03. Check date values in:
- "Pandora Archive 2001 Helpmann Awards Nominees". Australian Entertainment Industry Association (AEIA). Pandora Archive. Retrieved October 4, 2011.
- "Helpmann Awards - Winners (2004)". Helpmann Awards (Live Performance Australia (LPA)). Retrieved 31 December 2012.
This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia. A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.