Coordinates: 41°50′N 25°55′E / 41.833°N 25.917°E
Haskovo Province (Bulgarian: Област Хасково - Oblast Haskovo, former name Haskovo okrug) is a province in southern Bulgaria, neighbouring Greece and Turkey to the southeast, comprising parts of the Thracian valley along the river Maritsa. It is named after its administrative and industrial centre - the city of Haskovo. The province embraces a territory of 5,533.3 km² that is divided into 11 municipalities with a total population, as of December 2009, of 256,408 inhabitants.
Municipalities of Haskovo province
The Haskovo province (Област, oblast) contains 11 municipalities (singular: oбщина, obshtina - plural: Общини, obshtini). The following table shows the names of each municipality in English and Cyrillic, the main town or village (towns are shown in bold), and the population of each as of December 2009.
The Haskovo province had a population of 277,483 (277,478 also given) according to a 2001 census, of which 48.9% were male and 51.1% were female. As of the end of 2009, the population of the province, announced by the Bulgarian National Statistical Institute, numbered 256,408 of which 25.8% are inhabitants aged over 60 years.
The following table represents the change of the population in the province after World War II:
|Sources: National Statistical Institute, „Census 2001“, „Census 2011“, „pop-stat.mashke.org“,??
|Ethnic groups in Haskovo Province (2011 census)
|others and indefinable
Total population (2011 census): 246 238
Ethnic groups (2011 census): Identified themselves: 227 382 persons:
- Bulgarians: 180 541 (79,40%)
- Turks: 28 444 (12,50%)
- Gypsies: 15 889 (6,99%)
- Others and indefinable: 2 508 (1,10%)
A further 20,000 persons in Haskovo Province did not declare their ethnic group at the 2011 census.
Religious adherence in the province according to 2001 census:
- ^ a b (English) Bulgarian Provinces area and population 1999 — National Center for Regional Development — page 90-91
- ^ a b c d „pop-stat.mashke.org“
- ^ a b c d (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian provinces and municipalities in 2009
- ^ a b c d (English) „WorldCityPopulation“
- ^ Oblast Haskovo, official website
- ^ (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Bulgarian towns in 2009
- ^ „pop-stat.mashke.org“
- ^ (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute – Bulgarian villages under 1000 inhabitants – December 2009
- ^ (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute – Bulgarian Settlements 1000–5000 inhabitants – December 2009
- ^ (Bulgarian) Population to 01.03.2001 by Area and Sex from Bulgarian National Statistical Institute: Census 2001
- ^ (English) Bulgarian National Statistical Institute - Population by age in 2009
- ^ (Bulgarian) Population on 01.02.2011 by provinces, municipalities, settlements and age; National Statistical Institute
- ^ Population by province, municipality, settlement and ethnic identification, by 01.02.2011; Bulgarian National Statistical Institute (Bulgarian)
- ^ (Bulgarian) Religious adherence in Bulgaria - census 2001
Haskovo (Bulgarian: Хасково), is a city and the administrative centre of the Haskovo Province in southern Bulgaria, not far from the borders with Greece and ...
1 Koledarska pesen na ovchar 720x540pix
1. Christmas song -- to a shepherd. Duration: 1:16 min 1982. Momkovo village, Haskovo Province. Performed by male singing group The song is an original field...
sunay ve abisko haskovo 2014
Аязмо -- село Тракиец, община Хасково
Ayazmo -- selo Trakiets, obshtina Haskovo.
Magnitude 7.2 Earthquake Strikes off Greece - 24 May 2014
An earthquake of 6.4 magnitude struck off the coast of northern Greece on Saturday and was felt as far as neighboring Turkey and Bulgaria but there were no r...
A Bulgarian Standard Dance Formation (2 of 2)
www.haskovo.net/prvideo.php?id=14 The young Bulgarian standard formation from the town of Haskovo, is performing to a combination of some Italian songs on a ...
Kristia & Anton Wedding
Wedding of Christina and Anton took place on 24.08. 2013, Haskovo, restaurant "Fantasia" and filmed in Mircev Studio. www.mirchev-bg.com.
Charming Bulgarian villa WITH GREAT POTENTIAL!
Charming villa WITH GREAT POTENTIAL by mysunnybulgaria.com! http://www.mysunnybulgaria.com/propertydetailseng.aspx?id=261 One-storey masive house situated on...
Troyan Property For Sale in Bulgaria. MKB Bulgaria
Here we have our two story Property for sale in Troyan, a small village just North of Harmanli and situated on the bank of the river Maritsa. Troyan is a sma...
Monasterio de piedra - The Stone Monastery (Saragossa, Spain).
The Stone Monastery natural park is one of the most beautiful places in Spain, it's in the province of Saragossa. This natural area is incredible with a lot ...
We're sorry, but there's no news about "Haskovo Province" right now.
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
You can talk about Haskovo Province with people all over the world in our discussions.