There is no clear agreement on the clan and sub-clan structures and many lineages are omitted. The following listing is taken from the World Bank's Conflict in Somalia: Drivers and Dynamics from 2005 and the United Kingdom's Home Office publication, Somalia Assessment 2001.
- Darod (Daarood)
Notable Harti members
- Abdullahi Ahmed Irro, General in the Somali National Army
- Abdullahi Yusuf Ahmed, former President of Somalia
- Ali Khalif Galaydh, former Prime Minister of Somalia
- Amina Mohamed, diplomat and politician
- Abdulqawi Yusuf, international lawyer and judge; judge at the International Court of Justice since February 6th 2009.
- Abdirahman Mohamud Farole, President of Puntland
- Fatima Jibrell, environmental activist
- Haji Bashir Ismail Yusuf, first President of the Somali National Assembly
- Omar Abdirashid Ali Sharmarke, former Prime Minister of Somalia
- Drake-Brockman, p.55.
- Worldbank, Conflict in Somalia: Drivers and Dynamics, January 2005, Appendix 2, Lineage Charts, p.55 Figure A-1
- Country Information and Policy Unit, Home Office, Great Britain, Somalia Assessment 2001, Annex B: Somali Clan Structure, p. 43
- Worldbank, Conflict in Somalia: Drivers and Dynamics, January 2005, Appendix 2, Lineage Charts, p.57 Figure A-3
- Drake-Brockman, Ralph Evelyn (1912). British Somaliland. Hurst & Blackett.
|This Somalia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|