Hallermann–Streiff syndrome (also known as oculomandibulofacial syndrome, François dyscephalic syndrome, Hallermann–Streiff–François syndrome, oculomandibulodyscephaly with hypotrichosis, Aubry syndrome, and Ullrich-Fremery-Dohna syndrome) is a congenital disorder that affects growth, cranial development, hair growth and dental development.
There are fewer than 200 people with the syndrome worldwide. An organisation supporting people with the Hallermann–Streiff syndrome is the Germany based "Schattenkinder e.V."
Patients with this syndrome are shorter than the average person and may not develop hair in many places, including in the facial, leg and pubic areas. Patients also have eye problems including clouded eyes or reduced eye size, bilateral cataracts and glaucoma.
It can be associated with sleep apnea.
It can complicate intubation.
It may be associated with GJA1.
It is named for Wilhelm Hallermann and Enrico Streiff.
- ^ Germany based Schattenkinder e.V.
- ^ Ertekin V, Selimoğlu MA, Selimoğlu E (2004). "Non-lethal Hallermann-Streiff syndrome with bone fracture: report of a case". Ann. Genet. 47 (4): 387–91. doi:10.1016/j.anngen.2004.03.005. PMID 15581837.
- ^ Shiomi T, Guilleminault C, Izumi H, Yamada S, Murata K, Kobayashi T (October 1999). "Obstructive sleep apnoea in a puerperal patient with Hallermann-Streiff syndrome". Eur. Respir. J. 14 (4): 974–7. doi:10.1034/j.1399-3003.1999.14d42.x. PMID 10573253.
- ^ Malde AD, Jagtap SR, Pantvaidya SH (1994). "Hallermann-Streiff syndrome: airway problems during anaesthesia". J Postgrad Med 40 (4): 216–8. PMID 9136243.
- ^ Pizzuti A, Flex E, Mingarelli R, Salpietro C, Zelante L, Dallapiccola B (March 2004). "A homozygous GJA1 gene mutation causes a Hallermann-Streiff/ODDD spectrum phenotype". Hum. Mutat. 23 (3): 286. doi:10.1002/humu.9220. PMID 14974090.
- ^ synd/1767 at Who Named It?
- ^ W. Hallermann. Vogelgesicht und Cataracta congenita. Klinische Monatsblätter für Augenheilkunde, Stuttgart, 1948, 113: 315–318.
- ^ E. B. Streiff. Dysmorphie mandibulo-faciale (tête d’oiseau) et alterations oculaires. Ophthalmologica, Basel, 1950, 120: 79–83.
Medicaid Waiver Program: Meet Michelle Kish, A Success Story
What will happen if Medicaid cuts happen and critically ill children in Illinois lose their funding? Mary and Brad Kish, parents of Michelle, share their fea...
Sam and Jack share Hallerman Streiff secrets
Sam and Jack meet for the first time April 2009. Two boys with Hallerman Streiff Syndrome.
This preterm baby presented to my O.P.D. with following features-Bird like facies,hypotrichosis of eyebrows,eyelashes,small pinched nose,micrognathia with do...
Patient Examples: Polyminimyoclonus (Part 2)
"Maja exklusiv" MDR Maja v.Hohenzollern mit Kindern bei Delphintherapie
Maja von Hohenzollern begleitete die kranken Kinder des Schattenkinder e.V., die an dem seltenen Hallermann-Streiff-Syndrom leiden zur Delphintheraphie nach ...
Niño de 12 años padece extraño mal y necesita apoyo - Trujillo
Padece del sindrome Hallerman Streiff - 22/Nov/09.
DELETION 13Q SYNDROME 13Q SYNDROME)
ABNORMALITIES Growth. Growth deficiency, usually of prenatal onset. Central Nervous System. Mental deficiency, microcephaly with tendency toward trigonocepha...
Rubinstein Taybi Syndrome Elf
Little RTS elf Ava is 3 years old now. Her journey has been challenging and we never thought she would walk, but look at her, she's an inspiration. Ava can w...
Gardner's Syndrome (subtype of FAP)
http://usmlefasttrack.com/?p=1559 Gardner, s, Syndrome, subtype, of, FAP, , symptoms, findings, causes, mnemonics, review, what is, video, study, Rapid Revie...
Brave Kira 9 has her entire face and body rebuilt - and is held together with a metal bar
The girl with 'broken doll syndrome': Brave Kira 9 has her entire face and body rebuilt - and is held together with a metal bar A little girl born looking li...
Tue, 12 Aug 2014 06:29:28 -0700
Ouillette notes points out, though, that some of the rare genetic diseases considered service-connected on the mother's side, like Williams syndrome and Hallermann-Streiff syndrome, have appeared in children of make Vietnam vets but are not considered ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
You can talk about Hallermann–Streiff syndrome with people all over the world in our discussions.