Goa is a second class municipality in the province of Camarines Sur, Philippines. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 58,503 people. The current municipal mayor is Hon. Antero Silos Lim.
Goa is politically subdivided into 34 barangays.
- Bagumbayan Grande (Pob.)
- Bagumbayan Pequeño (Pob.)
- Belen (Pob.)
- La Purisima (Pob.)
- Napawon (Napunuon)
- Panday (Pob.)
- San Benito (Pob.)
- San Isidro West
- San Isidro (Pob.)
- San Jose (Pob.)
- San Juan Bautista (Pob.)
- San Juan Evangelista (Pob.)
- San Pedro (formerly Aroro)
- Scout Fuentebella (West)
- Tamban (Mabini)
- Taytay (Halawig-gogon East)
The foundation of Goa as a municipality occurred during the Spanish period, in the year 1777 under the missionary of Rev. Fray Juan Catalla. Together with the creation of the town, the parish was also established.
Originally, Goa was located at Salog, which was then called the Visita Sita de Salog. The residents, however, changed the location of the town to another site for purposes of convenience. A strong typhoon occurred here. Miraculously, though, there was no great destruction to the lives and property of the residents because of the stones and logs that were said to change the direction of the floodwaters. This occurrence caused the people to adopt their own patron saint, St. John the Baptist, as their way of thanking God. Like any other town in the province of Camarines Sur, Goa's name has various accounts attached to its name. Some considered that the name Goa was given by Friar Abalay, a Franciscan friar from Pueblo de Goa in the ancient India which was still under the Portuguese government. Friar Abalay took over the parish when Goa was established as a town.
|Population census of Goa
|Source: National Statistics Office
- Bigg's Diner-San Jose St., Goa, Camarines Sur
- Graceland Goa-San Jose St., Goa, Camarines Sur
- Amor Kitchenette-San Jose., St. Goa Camarines Sur
- Wennboy Eatery- San Isidro St., Goa, Camarines Sur
- Bzel Noodle House San Jose St., Goa, Camarines Sur
- Seven Eleven-San Jose St., Goa, Camarines Sur
This municipality has different secondary and tertiary schools accredited by the Commission on Higher Education, the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority, the Department of Education, and the Department of Science and Technology. The town of Goa is also the home of the premier high school in the whole Bicol region, the Philippine Science High School Bicol Region Campus at Barangay Tagontong. PSHS-BRC is one of the campuses of the PSHS system.
- Partido State University - (formerly Partido High School, Partido National High School and Partido State College)- San Juan Bautista St., Goa, Camarines Sur
Partido State University,
- Computer Communication Development Institute, Inc. (CCDI-Goa Branch)- The school is a private non-sectarian non-stock institution situated at 2nd-4th floors of GL Bldg., corner Panday and Rizal Sts.
- Worldtech Resources Institute (WRI-Goa Branch) - San Juan Evangelista St., Goa, Camarines Sur (453-1508)
- Partido College (College Department) - Tambuco St., Goa, Camarines Sur
- Global IT - Rizal St., Goa, Camarines Sur
- Fatima School of Science and Technology - San Juan Bautista St., Goa, Camarines Sur
- St. John The Baptist Integrated School of Camarines Sur (SJBIS) San Isidro St. Goa, Camarines Sur
- Goa National High School - Taytay, Goa, Camarines Sur
- Goa Science High School - LTO Bldg., Goa, Camarines Sur
- New Partido High School - Catagbacan, Goa, Camarines Sur
- Payatan High School - Payatan, Goa, Camarines Sur
- Visita de Salog High School - Salog, Goa, Camarines Sur
- Juan L. Filipino Memorial High School - Buyo, Goa, Camarines Sur
- Pinaglabanan High School - Pinaglabanan, Goa, Camarines Sur
- Tabgon High School - Tabgon, Goa, Camarines Sur
- St. Paul Academy(SPA)- Burgos St., Goa Camarines Sur
- Partido College Secondary Department - Tambuco St., Goa, Camarines Sur
- Partido State University Laboratory High School - San Juan Bautista Street, Goa, Camarines Sur
- Philippine Science High School Bicol Region Campus (PSHS-BRC) - Tagongtong, Goa, Camarines Sur
Past Broadcast Media
- DWTP (Ang Tambuli kan Partido) - exist in 1995's
- 107.1 DWRL-FM (Ang Radyo para sa Tawo)
- COOL 90.1 FM (Internet Radio 24/7 LIVE)
Existing Broadcast Media
- DWFA FM 96.9 RADIO AMIGO
- 94.5 DWRP-FM (Partido Development Administration - Radio Station)
Unstable Broadcast Media
- DZPR-FM Town FM 95.3 - Countryside Radio Group - Bikol Broadcast Service
- DZGC-FM Flazh FM 96.1 - Countryside Radio Group - Bikol Broadcast Service
- DZGA-FM Barita 97/7 - Rural Airwaves Media Services (RAMS)
- St. John Hospital - San Jose St., Goa, Camarines Sur
- St. Vincent De Ferrer Hospital-Rizal St., Goa, Camarines Sur
- Goa Municipal Infirmary - Burgos St., Goa, Camarines Sur
Tagongtong, Goa Camarines Sur
One day of your life.
BP: Sanggol, nakitang patay at putol ang mga paa sa Goa, Camarines Sur
Balita Pilipinas Ngayon rounds up the top stories from around the PhilippinesGMA's regional stations in Luzon, Visayas, and MIndanao. It's hosted by Mark Sal...
Carino Family - Goa, Camarines Sur
San Jose St Goa, Camarines Sur.
BP: Remittance center sa Goa, Camarines Sur, hinoldap
Balita Pilipinas Ngayon rounds up the top stories from around the Philippines GMA's regional stations in Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao. It's hosted by Mark Sa...
Goa, Camarines Sur, Philippines March 2012
This video was uploaded from an Android phone.
Tagongtong, Goa Camarines Sur
Pasa Residence Goa, Camarines sur.
ROUPITT'S RESORT, Catagbacan, Goa, Camarines Sur HD
Holy Week at Philippines,Bicol Goa Camarines Sur
this video ws taken at our province Bicol, Goa Camarines Sur,Which is called "Prusisyon" It is a parade of saints Usually held during Holy week...
En route to Goa and Ocampo, Camarines Sur GK sites
Trail of damage brought by supertyphoon Reming in Camarines Sur.
PNHS Batch 85 Motorcade in Goa, Camarines Sur (HD) by Jolan Cano
Motorcade of PNHS Batch 85 around the thoroughfares of Goa, Camarines Sur in celebration of their 25th Year Anniversary on December 30, 2010.
ABS CBN News
Thu, 31 Jul 2014 02:58:53 -0700
CAMARINES SUR -- A couple was found dead after the room they were staying in a motorist's lodge caught fire in Barangay Tagongtong, Goa, Camarines Sur past 10 p.m. Wednesday. The victims were identified as Jonna Iraula, 22, and her live-in partner, ...
Tue, 18 Nov 2014 12:15:00 -0800
In Goa, Camarines Sur, Bureau of Fire (BFP) oa headquarters spearheded the “Oplan Pagyanig” enjoining the students of Partido State University (PSU)-Goa Campus, Partido College and employees of other establishments to partake in the drill. A fire ...
Thu, 13 Nov 2014 17:42:14 -0800
Balita Pilipinas: Sanggol, nakitang patay at putol ang mga paa sa Goa, Camarines Sur · More SciTech Videos. Related photos. Irish priest talks of evolution, Big Bang · Kiwis and elephant birds were close cousins · Newly-discovered tapir · Fish with the ...
Fri, 01 Aug 2014 07:00:51 -0700
Goa, Camarines Sur — Homicide investigators have solved Wednesday night's burning of a couple checked in at a motel in this town. Chief Inspector Chito Oyardo, Goa chief of police, said it appears that businessman Rommel Clarion, 42, married, set fire ...
Thu, 31 Jul 2014 07:03:45 -0700
Goa, Camarines Sur — The charred remains of a man and a woman were found Wednesday night inside a motel room in this town, police reported yesterday. Chief Inspector Chito Oyardo, chief of police, said the fatalities are still unidentified although it ...
Thu, 05 Sep 2013 05:58:37 -0700
Balita Pilipinas: Remittance center sa Goa, Camarines Sur, hinoldap · Balitanghali: Migrante: 'Sex for flight', noong dekada 90 pa nagsimula · More Pinoy Abroad Videos. Related photos. Migrante, OFWs old 'Zero Remmitance Day' · Activists warn of US air ...
Wed, 20 Mar 2013 19:50:01 -0700
SAN FRANCISCO, California - Xoom Corporation, a global online money transfer provider, is launching POWR, or Pay Only When Received, a breakthrough initiative that gives customers assurance that Xoom will not withdraw a dime from their bank accounts ...
Mon, 20 May 2013 05:30:05 -0700
More than half a million students thronged different venues nationwide in January for the elimination rounds of the country's biggest mathematics competition: The Math Challenge sponsored by Metrobank Foundation, Math Teachers Association of the ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
Digplanet also receives support from Searchlight Group.