Goa is a second class municipality in the province of Camarines Sur, Philippines. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 58,503 people. The current municipal mayor is Hon. Antero Silos Lim.
Goa is politically subdivided into 34 barangays.
- Bagumbayan Grande (Pob.)
- Bagumbayan Pequeño (Pob.)
- Belen (Pob.)
- La Purisima (Pob.)
- Lorenzo Padua (formerly Matacla)
- Napawon (Napunuon)
- Panday (Pob.)
- San Benito (Pob.)
- San Isidro West
- San Isidro (Pob.)
- San Jose (Pob.)
- San Juan Bautista (Pob.)
- San Juan Evangelista (Pob.)
- San Pedro (formerly Aroro)
- Scout Fuentebella (West)
- Tamban (Mabini)
- Taytay (Halawig-gogon East)
The foundation of Goa as a municipality occurred during the Spanish period, in the year 1777 under the missionary of Rev. Fray Juan Catalla. Together with the creation of the town, the parish was also established.
Originally, Goa was located at Salog, which was then called the Visita Sita de Salog. The residents, however, changed the location of the town to another site for purposes of convenience. A strong typhoon occurred here. Miraculously, though, there was no great destruction to the lives and property of the residents because of the stones and logs that were said to change the direction of the floodwaters. This occurrence caused the people to adopt their own patron saint, St. John the Baptist, as their way of thanking God. Like any other town in the province of Camarines Sur, Goa's name has various accounts attached to its name. Some considered that the name Goa was given by Friar Abalay, a Franciscan friar from Pueblo de Goa in the ancient India which was still under the Portuguese government. Friar Abalay took over the parish when Goa was established as a town.
|Population census of Goa
|Source: National Statistics Office
This municipality has different secondary and tertiary schools accredited by the Commission on Higher Education, the Technical Education and Skills Development Authority, the Department of Education, and the Department of Science and Technology. The town of Goa is also the home of the premier high school in the whole Bicol region, the Philippine Science High School Bicol Region Campus at Barangay Tagontong. PSHS-BRC is one of the campuses of the PSHS system.
- Partido State University - (formerly Partido High School, Partido National High School and Partido State College)- San Juan Bautista St., Goa, Camarines Sur
- Computer Communication Development Institute, Inc. (CCDI-Goa Branch)- The school is a private non-sectarian non-stock institution situated at 2nd-4th floors of GL Bldg., corner Panday and Rizal Sts.
- Worldtech Resources Institute (WRI-Goa Branch) - San Juan Evangelista St., Goa, Camarines Sur (453-1508)
- Partido College (College Department) - Tambuco St., Goa, Camarines Sur
- Global IT - Rizal St., Goa, Camarines Sur
- Fatima School of Science and Technology - San Juan Bautista St., Goa, Camarines Sur
- St. John The Baptist Integrated School of Camarines Sur (SJBIS) San Isidro St. Goa, Camarines Sur
- Goa National High School - Taytay, Goa, Camarines Sur
- Payatan High School - Payatan, Goa, Camarines Sur
- Visita de Salog High School - Salog, Goa, Camarines Sur
- Juan L. Filipino Memorial High School - Buyo, Goa, Camarines Sur
- Pinaglabanan High School - Pinaglabanan, Goa, Camarines Sur
- Tabgon High School - Tabgon, Goa, Camarines Sur
- St. Paul Academy(SPA)- Burgos St., Goa Camarines Sur
- Partido College Secondary Department - Tambuco St., Goa, Camarines Sur
- Partido State University Laboratory High School - San Juan Bautista Street, Goa, Camarines Sur
- Philippine Science High School Bicol Region Campus (PSHS-BRC) - Tagongtong, Goa, Camarines Sur
- DWTP (Ang Tambuli kan Partido) - exist in 1995's
- DWRP 94.5 FM (Public Radio Station thru Partido Development Administration)
- DWRL 107.1 FM (Ang Radyo para sa Tawo)
- My Radio 96.9 FM (No. 1, Music Station in Partido)
- Rhythm FM 100.7 (80S Music,Dance start May 2006 Dj Rocky NEL,DJ Jupax)
- COOL 90.1 FM (Internet Radio 24/7 LIVE)
- MUEWS RADIO 105.5 (Music and News Radio)
2012 GOA TOWN FIESTA STREET DANCING COMPETITION
Tagongtong, Goa Camarines Sur
Pasa Residence Goa, Camarines sur.
Goa, Camarines Sur, Philippines March 2012
This video was uploaded from an Android phone.
BP: Sanggol, nakitang patay at putol ang mga paa sa Goa, Camarines Sur
Balita Pilipinas Ngayon rounds up the top stories from around the PhilippinesGMA's regional stations in Luzon, Visayas, and MIndanao. It's hosted by Mark Sal...
En route to Goa and Ocampo, Camarines Sur GK sites
Trail of damage brought by supertyphoon Reming in Camarines Sur.
the untitled clan of goa camarines sur
Johnville Subdivision Goa, Camarines Sur
The sun rises, the sun sets, but a new dawn has come and it is shining its rays towards one direction... Johnville Subdivision. Make your choice now. Complet...
Cano Residence at Rodriguez St., Goa, Camarines Sur
Relatives and Friends of Cano Family during the 1st Death Anniversary of the late Barangay Captain Bernabe Mendoza Cano of San Juan Bautista. "Abing" as call...
BP: Remittance center sa Goa, Camarines Sur, hinoldap
Balita Pilipinas Ngayon rounds up the top stories from around the Philippines GMA's regional stations in Luzon, Visayas, and Mindanao. It's hosted by Mark Sa...
PNHS Batch 85 Motorcade in Goa, Camarines Sur (HD) by Jolan Cano
Motorcade of PNHS Batch 85 around the thoroughfares of Goa, Camarines Sur in celebration of their 25th Year Anniversary on December 30, 2010.
We're sorry, but there's no news about "Goa, Camarines Sur" right now.
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
You can talk about Goa, Camarines Sur with people all over the world in our discussions.