|Go no sen no kata|
|Sub classification||Non-Kodokan kata|
|English||Forms of counter attack|
Go no sen no kata (後の先の形?, Forms of counter attack) is a judo kata that focuses on counter-attacks to throwing techniques. It is not an officially recognized kata of judo, but its importance is attested to by its inclusion in Kawaishi's The complete seven katas of judo. Writing in the early post-war period, Kawaishi described the kata as being practiced less in Japan than in Europe.
- Osoto Gari countered by Osoto Gari
- Hiza Guruma countered by Hiza Guruma
- Ouchi Gari countered by Tsubame Gaeshi
- De Ashi Barai countered by De Ashi Barai
- Kosoto Gake countered by Tai Otoshi
- Kouchi Gari countered by Sasae Tsurikomi Ashi
- Kubi Nage countered by Ushiro Goshi
- Koshi Guruma countered by Uki Goshi
- Hane Goshi countered by Sasae Tsurikomi Ashi
- Harai Goshi countered by Utsuri Goshi
- Uchi Mata countered by Sukui Nage
- Seoi Nage countered by Sumi Gaeshi
- Video of the Go no sen no kata at the JudoInfo.com web site.
- Mikinosuke Kawaishi, The complete seven katas of judo. ISBN 0-87951-249-0.