Bayan ng Glan
Lungsod sa Glan
Banwa sang Glan
|Municipality of Glan|
Map of Sarangani showing the location of Glan.
|Region||SOCCSKSARGEN (Region XII)|
|• Mayor||Victor James B. Yap|
|• Total||610.30 km2 (235.64 sq mi)|
|Elevation||30 m (100 ft)|
|• Density||170/km2 (450/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
|Income class||1st class|
|Population census of Glan, Sarangani|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
Glan is located on the west by Sarangani Bay, on the north by Davao del Sur, and on the south by the Celebes Sea. It is largely based on agriculture with a high level production of copra. Aquaculture is the second biggest income earner, notably milkfish and shrimps culture. Other agricultural products are coconuts, maize, sugarcane, bananas, pineapples, mangoes, pork, eggs, beef, and fish.
The economy has accelerated in the past decade driven by advances in global communication technology and the finishing of a modern highway that tremendously improved trade and transport. It has also benefited from its political role as the seat of the provincial government.
According to the last general elections, it has a total voting population of 44,197 voters.
Glan is politically subdivided into 31 barangays.
- Big Margus
- E. Alegado
- Glan Padidu
- New Aklan
- Rio Del Pilar
- San Jose
- San Vicente
- Small Margus
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010". 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- 1995 Philippine Census Information
- 2000 Philippine Census Information
- 2007 Philippine Census Information (1)
- 2010 Philippine Census Information
- 2007 Philippine Census Information (2)
- Local Governance Performance Management System