|G. V. Prasad|
|Alma mater||Purdue University
Illinois Institute of Technology
Alagappa College of Technology
|Occupation||CEO of Dr. Reddy's Laboratories|
|Relatives||Kallam Anji Reddy (father-in-law)
Kallam Satish Reddy (brother-in-law)
G. V. Prasad is an Indian business executive, and CEO of Dr. Reddy's Laboratories. Prasad studied Chemical Engineering at the Alagappa College of Technology. After completing five semesters, he went on to the Illinois Institute of Technology in Chicago to complete the three remaining semesters. Prasad followed up the engineering degree with a one year MBA at Purdue University. He won the 'Outstanding Senior Student' Award from the American Institute of Chemists, Chicago chapter in 1982. He earned his Masters in Industrial Administration from Purdue University a year later. 
His first exposure to the world of pharmaceuticals was in 1985 with Benzex Labs, a pharmaceutical enterprise that he co-founded. Benzex was later acquired by Dr. Reddys and Prasad returned to the construction business, only to come back to pharmaceuticals in 1990 – this time as the CEO and MD of Cheminor Drugs Ltd. In 2001, Cheminor Drugs merged with Dr.Reddy's Laboratories and Prasad took over as the vice-chairman and CEO of the merged entity.
Prasad, the second child of Syamala and Harischandra Reddy, did his initial schooling at the Vidyaranya High School in Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh, India. He later moved to his hometown, Nellore, where he finished his schooling at VR High School.
Prasad is married to Anuradha, the daughter of Kallam Anji Reddy, who is the founder of Dr Reddy's Labs. Anuradha is the managing trustee of Dr Reddy's Foundation as well as the founder-director of Saptaparni, an organisation promoting the traditions and culture of India.
After completing his Masters, Prasad returned to India and joined his father's construction business, immersing himself in various projects in Karnataka. In 1985, he co-founded Benzex Labs, an API manufacturing company, which was later acquired by Dr Reddy's. He briefly returned to the construction business before reappearing on the pharma landscape in 1990 as managing director of Cheminor Drugs Ltd. Fueled by a spirit of entrepreneurship, Prasad transformed Cheminor into a world class API and Generics manufacturer, largely through his focus on professionalism, good governance and transparency.
In 2001, Cheminor Drugs merged with Dr.Reddy's Laboratories and Prasad took over as the vice-chairman and CEO of the merged entity. Prasad is widely credited as the architect of Dr. Reddy's successful global generics strategy. He envisioned newer business platforms like the Custom Pharmaceutical business and Specialty pharmaceuticals and is dedicated to building the innovation side of the business.
- AP State Committee, WWF-India
- Member of the Advisory Board, Acumen Fund
- Member of the Board, Infotech Enterprises Ltd.
- Member of the Board, Diana Hotels, India
- Member of the Board, Ocimum Bio Solutions
- Member, American Chemical Society
- Member, American Institute of Chemical Engineers
- Served as Chairman of the CII National Committee on Environment and the Intellectual Property Committee (2006–2007)
- Dr Reddy's inheritors switch jobs | Business Standard
- About Us | Board and Management | Management Team - Dr.Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
- "Dr. Reddy's, Cheminor merger swap at 9:25". Hindu Business Line. Retrieved 1 June 2000.
- Dr. Reddy’s Q4 net down - The Hindu
- Forbes India Magazine - GV Prasad: You can never have a company totally dependent on one person
- "K. Anji Reddy". Forbes. Retrieved 6 June 2011.
- GV Prasad is new DRL chief - The Times of India