|Frimley Green Mill|
|Mill location||SU 896 562
|Year built||Late 18th century|
|Number of sails||Four sails|
Frimley Green Windmill was first mentioned in 1784 in the ownership of a Mr Terry. It passed to Thomas Lilley in 1792 and then William Collins in 1801. In 1803, the mill passed into the ownership of the Royal Military College, Sandhurst, remaining in the hands of the military until at least 1832 and probably much later than that. The mill was disused by 1870, and the derelict shell was converted to residential use in 1914.
- George Marshall 1792
- John Banks 1801
Reference for above:-
- Windmill World webpage on Frimley Green Windmill.
- "THE OLD MILL, OLD GUILDFORD ROAD, CAMBERLEY, SURREY HEATH, SURREY". English Heritage. Retrieved 2008-08-25.
- Farries, KG and Mason, M T (1966). The Windmills of Surrey and Inner London. London: Charles Skilton. pp. p107.
A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.