Force field may refer to:
- Force field (fiction), a barrier made up of energy or particles to protect a person, area or object from attacks or intrusions or as a means of containment or confinement
- Force field (physics), a vector field indicating the forces exerted by one object on another
- Force field (chemistry), a set of parameter and equations for use in molecular mechanics simulations
- Force-field analysis, a concept in the social sciences
- Force field (neuroscience), a region in the spinal cord that causes limbs to exert a consistent force depending on the limbs' position
- Forcefield (art collective) and band from Providence, Rhode Island associated with Fort Thunder
- Forcefield (band), a British rock band featuring Graham Bonnet, Cozy Powell, Peter Prescott, Neil Murray and Ray Fenwick
- "Force Field", the theme tune of the British game show The Crystal Maze
Wed, 25 Mar 2015 06:51:13 -0700
Just how this arc force-field will work is left pretty open, but Boeing has submitted a few ideas, including using at least one of the following – “high intensity laser pulses, pellets forming a conductive ion trail, sacrificial conductors, projectiles ...
Wall Street Daily
Wall Street Daily
Tue, 31 Mar 2015 01:01:19 -0700
In some cases, the kind of fantasies only dreamed of in science fiction have now become real-life breakthroughs. Take our smartphones, for example, which are now akin to the communicator and tricorder from Star Trek – all in one bundle. Or the ...
The Mary Sue
The Mary Sue
Thu, 26 Mar 2015 11:39:03 -0700
You may know Boeing as “that airplane company,” but they're more than just an aircraft manufacturer. They design and develop satellites and weapon systems, too, and they've got a new patent that may be the beginning of force field technology.
Wed, 25 Mar 2015 14:45:00 -0700
Camping lantern promises to create a force field against bugs. Using a butane cartridge and a compound derived from chrysanthemum flowers, this lantern might become your new best camping buddy. Read More… Posted by R.SPAR on Mar 25 2015.
Thu, 26 Mar 2015 20:21:36 -0700
NEWS ANALYSIS: This isn't an impenetrable force field seen so often in science fiction, but rather is designed to reduce the force of destructive explosive shock waves. In 1982, I was standing on the deck of a Navy frigate watching the first attempt to ...
Sun, 29 Mar 2015 19:04:28 -0700
Star Wars jokes aside, Boeing actually just patented a force field that would use energy to deflect explosions. For real; it's called, "method and system for shockwave attenuation via electromagnetic arc." According to the patent, which was granted ...
Wed, 25 Mar 2015 08:55:30 -0700
The force field would use electromagnetic energy from a laser, microwave generator or elecg\tric arc to repel a force field and protect soldiers by heating up the air to intercept shockwaves and attenuate the energy density before it can reach its target.
Sat, 28 Mar 2015 03:29:56 -0700
Airplane manufacturers have successfully been granted a patent for a "Force Field"-like technology designed to protect military targets from fatal explosions and shrapnel. The multibillion US company – famed for selling airplanes, rockets and ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
Digplanet also receives support from Searchlight Group.