Equity Bank (Uganda) is a commercial bank in Uganda.
The bank provides banking services to individuals and to small and medium business enterprises. As of December 2011
, the bank was the 11th largest commercial bank in Uganda with an estimated asset valuation of approximately US$135.2 million (UGX:330 billion), or approximately 3% of all bank assets in the country.
Equity Bank (Uganda) was created in 2008 when the Equity Bank Group purchased Uganda Microfinance Limited, a Tier II, Ugandan microfinance company for an all-share price valued at US$27 million. Equity Bank (Uganda) launched under its new brand on March 30, 2009. As of December 2011, Equity Bank (Uganda) had a customer base of approximately 500,000 and employed over 550 people.
Equity Bank Group
Equity Bank (Uganda) is a member of the Equity Bank Group. As of December 2011 , the Group's asset base was valued at over US$2.41 billion (KES:196.3 billion), with shareholder's equity valued at about US$421 million (KES:34.3 billion).
The stock of the Equity Bank Group is listed on the Nairobi Stock Exchange, where it trades under the symbol EQTY. It is also cross-listed on the Uganda Securities Exchange under the symbol: EBL. Members of the Equity Bank Group include the following companies:
- Equity Bank - Nairobi, Kenya
- Equity Bank (Rwanda) - Kigali, Rwanda
- Equity Bank (South Sudan) - Juba, South Sudan
- Equity Bank (Tanzania) - Dar es Salaam, Tanzania
- Equity Bank (Uganda) - Kampala, Uganda
- Equity Consulting Group Limited - Nairobi, Kenya
- Equity Nominees Limited - Nairobi, Kenya
- Finserve Africa Limited - Nairobi, Kenya
- Equity Group Foundation - Nairobi, Kenya
In addition to the above subsidiaries, Equity Bank Group has investments in the following companies: 
- Housing Finance Company Limited - Nairobi, Kenya - A mortgage company: Equity Bank Group owns 25%
- Equity Investment Bank - Nairobi, Kenya: Equity Bank Group has 100% shareholding
- Equity Insurance Company - Nairobi, Kenya: Equity Bank Group has 100% shareholding
Equity Bank (Uganda) is a subsidiary of the Equity Bank Group. The Ugandan subsidiary owns 11,333,333 ordinary shares of the parent company based in Nairobi, Kenya. Equity Bank is Kenya's fastest growing commercial bank with an asset valuation of over US$1 billion.
|Equity Bank (Uganda) Stock Ownership
||Name of Owner
||Equity Bank Group
Equity Bank (Uganda) has its headquarters in Uganda's capital city, Kampala. Its branch network is the second-largest in Uganda, after Stanbic Bank Uganda, with 91 branches. The bank has twenty-two automated teller machines in Uganda, with twelve more planned. It serves a client base of close to 400,000. As of August 2012 , the bank maintains networked branches at the following locations:
- Head Office - Plot 390 Muteesa 1 Road, Kampala
- Adjumani Branch - Adjumani
- Arua Park Branch - Arua Park, Kampala
- Bombo Branch - Bombo, Luweero District
- Busia Branch - Busia
- Bwera Branch - Bwera, Kasese District
- Hoima Branch - Hoima
- Jinja Branch - Jinja
- Jinja Road Branch - Jinja Road, Kampala
- Kabalagala Branch - Kabalagala, Kampala
- Kabale Branch - Kabale
- Kajjansi Branch - Kajjansi, Wakiso District
- Kalerwe Branch - Kaleerwe, Kampala
- Kasangati Branch - Kasangati, Wakiso District
- Katwe Branch - Katwe, Kampala
- Kawempe Branch - Kawempe, Kampala
- Kayunga Branch - Kayunga
- Kiboga Branch - Kiboga
- Kisoro Branch - Bunagana Road, Kisoro
- Kyengera Branch - Kyengera, Wakiso District
- Lira Branch - Soroti Road, Lira
- Luweero Branch - Gulu Highway, Luweero
- Lyantonde Branch - Lyantonde
- Market Street Branch - Market Street, Kampala
- Masindi Branch - Town Street, Masindi
- Mbale Branch - Mbale
- Mbarara Branch - Mbarara
- Mityana Branch - Mityana
- Mubende Branch - Mubende
- Nakulabye Branch - Makerere Hill Road, Naakulabye
- New Taxi Park Branch - New Taxi Park, Kampala
- Ndeeba Branch - Ndeeba, Kampala
- Oasis Mall Branch - Oasis Mall, Kampala
- Ovino Branch - Nakivubo Place, Kampala
- Rushere Branch - Rushere, Kiruhura District
- Tororo Branch - Tororo
- Venus Plaza Branch - Venus Plaza, 14-18 Nakivubo Place, Kampala
- Wandegeya Branch - Wandegeya, Kampala
- William Street Branch - William Street, Kampala
Former Equity Bank workers jailed for theft of shs. 241M
http://ntvuganda.co.ug/ Two former Equity Bank employees and an accomplice have been sentenced to four years in prison for stealing 241 million shillings.
Equity bank spreads its wings to Uganda
Equity bank now in Uganda.
Bank cross-lists at Uganda bourse
Equity Banks shares are now trading at the Ugandan Securities Exchange. This follows the successful cross listing of its 3.7 billion shares at the Ugandan bo...
Equity Bank Group - IFC Partnership
Equity Bank Group and the International Finance Corporation (IFC), have teamed up to expand access to Finance in East Africa. IFC, a member of the World Bank...
James Mwangi , CEO, Equity Bank, at the Ai Institutional Investment Summit
21 July - Kenyan Markets - Samuel Wachira - Drummond Investment Bank
(www.abndigital.com) Alishia Seckam speaks to Samuel Wachira, General Manager at Drummond Investment Bank, looking at: Kenyan Shilling's affect on equities; ...
Equity Bank AGM
Equity Bank has halted its regional expansion program this year and will instead focus on consolidating its position and market share in areas where it alrea...
East Africa Report - Equity Bank
(www.abndigital.com) From an initial capital of 500000 shillings back in 1984, it is East Africas fastest growing bank, boasting a client base of 4.5 millio...
Investment prospects in South Sudan with James Mwangi, CEO of Equity Bank
(www.abndigital.com) The official results of South Sudan's secession are being released today and preliminary results are already showing a 99 percent vote i...
FUND BOARDING SCHOOLS
Equity Bank Chief Executive officer has called on the government to consider funding for boarding fees following the large transition of pupils from primary ...
PC Tech Magazine
PC Tech Magazine
Fri, 31 May 2013 02:23:55 -0700
Tagged with: Airtel Money Airtel Uganda Bbeyilaisi ebanking Equity Bank Uganda mobile money Standard Chartered Bank Uganda Warid Pesa Warid Tel Uganda · Previous: FBI and New Zealand Police told to return Mega Upload data · Next: Motorolla ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
You can talk about Equity Bank (Uganda) with people all over the world in our discussions.