Energy balance may refer to:
- First law of thermodynamics, according to which energy cannot be created or destroyed, only modified in form
- Earth's energy imbalance (climate change), the difference between incoming solar radiation and outgoing long wave radiation.
- Energy balance (biology), a measurement of the biological homeostasis of energy in living systems
- Energy balance (energy economics), verification and analysis of emergence, transformation and use of energy sources within an economic zone
- Energy economics, where the energy balance of a country is an aggregate presentation of all human activities related to energy, except for natural and biological processes
- Groundwater energy balance, comparing a groundwater body in terms of incoming hydraulic energy associated with groundwater inflow and outflow
- Energy returned on energy invested (EROEI), ratio of the amount of usable energy acquired from a particular energy resource to the amount of energy expended to obtain that energy resource
- Energy accounting, a system used within industry, where measuring and analyzing the energy consumption of different activities is done to improve energy efficiency
- Energy Economics (journal), a scientific journal published by Elsevier under its "North Holland" imprint
- A calculation used in designing industrial processes in which all energy flows and transformations, such as changes in temperature, heats of reaction, use of steam or other sources of heat, etc., are accounted for. Usually called a mass and energy balance because both are necessarily part of the calculation because of multiple materials involved, chemical reactions, phase changes, etc. and partial treatment of some of the materials. Energy balances are widely used in the chemical, petroleum and pulp and paper industries.
Overall Energy Balance for Open and Closed Systems
In this video, I derive the overall energy balance for an open and closed system involving shaft work, work done by fluid flow, and work done by expansion an...
Energy Balance on a Condenser
Calculates the cooling duty required to condense and cool acetone from 100C to 25C using an energy balance. Uses both sensible and latent heat to perform the...
Nutrition - Energy Balance & Healthy Body Weight
GCC Instructor Lisa Sheldon discusses "Energy Balance and Healthy Body Weight " to her Introduction to Nutrition classes.
Calories and Energy Balance
In this episode Sonja Salbuvik talks about the definition of a Calorie and what it actually means in terms of achieving your optimal weight. She also reveals...
Energy Balance on a Heat Exchanger
Performs an energy balance on a heat exchanger that has superheated steam fed to it. Uses the steam tables. Made by faculty at the University of Colorado Bou...
How to do an energy balance in the ABSENCE of chemical ...
"How to do an energy balance in the ABSENCE of chemical reaction".A solved problem showing how to tackle the determination of the increment of enthalpy for a...
The Earth's Energy Balance
Earth's energy balance will enable you to understand radiative equilibrium. You will also be able to recognize that the temperature of earth depends on the a...
Energy Balance Around a Turbine
Performs an energy balance around a turbine accounting for flow work and shows how flow work can be lumped into the enthalpy term. Made by faculty at the Uni...
energy balance and body composition
We look at the components of energy balance (intake vs expenditure) as well as body composition-what it means and how it is determined.
Energy Balance of an Open System
Energy balance of an open system, and flow work\Please provide feedback on this module by selecting _Like_ or _Dislike_. Your feedback is important to me in ...
Thu, 27 Nov 2014 23:59:10 -0800
Meeting on November 26, 2014, the Executive Board of the Central Bank of Tunisia (BCT) noted the deceleration of the export rate (2.1% against 4.9% last year) against an acceleration of imports (7.2% against 3.3%), with a continued deterioration in ...
Fri, 19 Dec 2014 07:22:30 -0800
To evaluate the effects of metformin on body weight and energy balance in 100 obese, hyperinsulinemic children aged 6 to 12 years, the investigators conducted a double-blind, placebo-controlled trial. On two separate occasions, 84 children were ...
Fri, 19 Dec 2014 08:52:30 -0800
... group "is one of the genetically determined host factors that modulate the composition of the intestinal microbiota, which participates in metabolism by affecting the energy balance, glucose metabolism, and low-grade inflammation," the researchers ...
Fri, 19 Dec 2014 13:22:30 -0800
Another objective is to reduce Moroccan energy dependence. The Moroccan energy balance is negative, particularly due to imported oil, which represents almost 61% of energy consumption of the kingdom. LNG will represent 13% of the energy mix by 2025.
Thu, 18 Dec 2014 08:30:00 -0800
And people who are already overweight tend to gain more, up to five pounds or more, one study found. If you cannot afford those extra holiday calories, then calorie awareness and energy balance are key. Here are 10 easy ways to keep the pounds off and ...
SYS-CON Media (press release)
Wed, 03 Dec 2014 06:03:45 -0800
SAN ANTONIO, TX -- (Marketwired) -- 12/03/14 -- Transact Energy Corp. (OTCQB: TEGY) announced today as part of its continuing disclosure of the Fichtner Consulting Engineer Phase 1 Engineering Review the results of the Mass & Energy Balance study.
Fri, 19 Dec 2014 08:41:15 -0800
We see those heifers go backward for the next two to three weeks due to what I believe is a net negative energy balance. We've likely had a good number of heifers conceive but experience early embryonic death because of the negative energy balance.
Thu, 18 Dec 2014 11:41:15 -0800
Mopelola A. Adeyemo, MPH, from the National Institutes of Health in Bethesda, Maryland, and colleagues examined the effects of metformin on body weight and energy balance in 100 obese hyperinsulinemic children aged 6 to 12 years. On two separate ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
Digplanet also receives support from Searchlight Group.