Energy balance may refer to:
- First law of thermodynamics, according to which energy cannot be created or destroyed, only modified in form
- Energy balance (biology), a measurement of the biological homeostasis of energy in living systems
- Energy balance (energy economics), verification and analysis of emergence, transformation and use of energy sources within an economic zone
- Energy economics, where the energy balance of a country is an aggregate presentation of all human activities related to energy, except for natural and biological processes
- Groundwater energy balance, comparing a groundwater body in terms of incoming hydraulic energy associated with groundwater inflow and outflow
- Energy returned on energy invested (EROEI), ratio of the amount of usable energy acquired from a particular energy resource to the amount of energy expended to obtain that energy resource
- Energy accounting, a system used within industry, where measuring and analyzing the energy consumption of different activities is done to improve energy efficiency
- Energy Economics (journal), a scientific journal published by Elsevier under its "North Holland" imprint
7thSpace Interactive (press release)
Sat, 12 Apr 2014 04:03:45 -0700
Negative energy balance (NEB) is an altered metabolic state in high yielding cows that occurs during the first few weeks postpartum when energy demands for lactation and maintenance exceed the energy supply from dietary intake. NEB can, in turn, lead ...
Wed, 19 Mar 2014 20:37:39 -0700
THE theme for International Water Day on Saturday, "Water and Energy", draws into sharp focus the flashpoints between water and energy in South Africa. The links between water and energy will act as tipping points for our growth. Worldwide, about 10 ...
Las Vegas Review-Journal
Las Vegas Review-Journal
Wed, 16 Apr 2014 14:21:10 -0700
In one example of how the system might work, Shawn Elicegui, vice president of regulation, said the market would allow California to sell excess wind energy to Nevada that might otherwise have to be curtailed by the utility to maintain its energy balance.
Wed, 16 Apr 2014 16:03:45 -0700
Israel's newfound natural gas wealth is moving the country from energy importer to potential exporter, altering the energy balance of the region in the process. Even more interesting is that Israel's most promising export market just slipped from ...
Minnesota Farm Guide
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 03:41:15 -0700
In a study he conducted in 2008, in times of heat stress dry cows of all stages were found to have higher blood non-esterified fatty acids, indicating negative energy balance. Fresh cows suffered from high beta-hydroxybutyrate and liver enzyme levels.
Insurance News Net (press release)
Fri, 11 Apr 2014 00:07:30 -0700
"Energy" includes mineral fuels, lubricants, and related material. "Non-Energy Balance" and "Total Merchandise" include foreign exports (i.e., re-exports) and nonmonetary gold and U.S. Department of Defense Grant-Aid shipments. The "Non-Energy Balance" ...
Tue, 15 Apr 2014 09:07:30 -0700
Putting on too few or too many pounds during a pregnancy “may permanently affect mechanisms that manage energy balance and metabolism in the offspring, such as appetite control and energy expenditure,” study author Sneha Sridhar, of Kaiser ...
Dairy Herd Management
Thu, 17 Apr 2014 06:07:30 -0700
A: Ensuring that a dry cow reaches the optimal body condition score (BCS) allows for a proper transition into lactation, as she uses body reserves during the transition period and early lactation to counteract the negative energy balance most lactating ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
You can talk about Energy balance with people all over the world in our discussions.