Energy balance may refer to:
- First law of thermodynamics, according to which energy cannot be created or destroyed, only modified in form
- Earth's energy imbalance (climate change), the difference between incoming solar radiation and outgoing long wave radiation.
- Energy balance (biology), a measurement of the biological homeostasis of energy in living systems
- Energy balance (energy economics), verification and analysis of emergence, transformation and use of energy sources within an economic zone
- Energy economics, where the energy balance of a country is an aggregate presentation of all human activities related to energy, except for natural and biological processes
- Groundwater energy balance, comparing a groundwater body in terms of incoming hydraulic energy associated with groundwater inflow and outflow
- Energy returned on energy invested (EROEI), ratio of the amount of usable energy acquired from a particular energy resource to the amount of energy expended to obtain that energy resource
- Energy accounting, a system used within industry, where measuring and analyzing the energy consumption of different activities is done to improve energy efficiency
- Energy Economics (journal), a scientific journal published by Elsevier under its "North Holland" imprint
- A calculation used in designing industrial processes in which all energy flows and transformations, such as changes in temperature, heats of reaction, use of steam or other sources of heat, etc., are accounted for. Usually called a mass and energy balance because both are necessarily part of the calculation because of multiple materials involved, chemical reactions, phase changes, etc. and partial treatment of some of the materials. Energy balances are widely used in the chemical, petroleum and pulp and paper industries.
Thu, 18 Jun 2015 20:57:01 -0700
Origin Energy could bolster its stretched balance sheet if it proceeds with a selldown of a 53 per cent stake in New Zealand-based utility Contact Energy, according to UBS analysts. The stake in Contact, worth around $2 billion, could help Origin (ORG ...
Fri, 26 Jun 2015 11:56:15 -0700
Developed and published by Sometimes You for Windows, Mac and Linux, Energy Balance is a number puzzle game in which you have to swap power units in such a way that their sums form correct chains both vertically and horizontally. During a mission ...
Mon, 08 Jun 2015 17:11:15 -0700
Striking an energy balance. Posted By Andrel Harris Monday, 8 June 2015 7:15 pm. The Cayman Renewable Energy Association (CREA) says the country can not afford to continue spending the way it has been on fossil fuels. Cayman paid $158 million to ...
Thu, 02 Jul 2015 13:35:38 -0700
This can be done, she said, through good nutrition, energy balance, and exercise. The authors of the study, published in the Journal of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons, concluded that any female athlete who falls under the "umbrella" of ...
Sat, 04 Jul 2015 11:33:45 -0700
As of April 30, it accounted for 4.12% of the Third Avenue Value Fund's holdings. In energy the management team is focused on prudent management of energy balance sheets as oil prices continue to take their toll on the sector. Devon Energy divested ...
Thu, 02 Jul 2015 10:37:30 -0700
The first is that if you're long oil or natural gas E&P, you take Vantage Energy's balance sheet and you scale it up or down to overlay your investments balance sheet. Then you ask yourself if they look substantially similar if what you're hearing from ...
Science 2.0 (blog)
Science 2.0 (blog)
Fri, 26 Jun 2015 21:36:10 -0700
You can discuss obesity and weight loss without using math...in the same way you can discuss Astronomy without using math. While there may be a way to present a conjecture in either field using just logic and pure reason, math becomes necessary as the ...
EurekAlert (press release)
Tue, 30 Jun 2015 21:41:15 -0700
"Proper nutrition and energy balance are key to staying healthy in athletes of all ages. But maximizing bone health when you are young is paramount to your bone health later in life," says Dr. Matzkin. "It is important for young females to maximize ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
Digplanet also receives support from Searchlight Group.