Energy balance may refer to:
- First law of thermodynamics, according to which energy cannot be created or destroyed, only modified in form
- Earth's energy imbalance (climate change), the difference between incoming solar radiation and outgoing long wave radiation.
- Energy balance (biology), a measurement of the biological homeostasis of energy in living systems
- Energy balance (energy economics), verification and analysis of emergence, transformation and use of energy sources within an economic zone
- Energy economics, where the energy balance of a country is an aggregate presentation of all human activities related to energy, except for natural and biological processes
- Groundwater energy balance, comparing a groundwater body in terms of incoming hydraulic energy associated with groundwater inflow and outflow
- Energy returned on energy invested (EROEI), ratio of the amount of usable energy acquired from a particular energy resource to the amount of energy expended to obtain that energy resource
- Energy accounting, a system used within industry, where measuring and analyzing the energy consumption of different activities is done to improve energy efficiency
- Energy Economics (journal), a scientific journal published by Elsevier under its "North Holland" imprint
- A calculation used in designing industrial processes in which all energy flows and transformations, such as changes in temperature, heats of reaction, use of steam or other sources of heat, etc., are accounted for. Usually called a mass and energy balance because both are necessarily part of the calculation because of multiple materials involved, chemical reactions, phase changes, etc. and partial treatment of some of the materials. Energy balances are widely used in the chemical, petroleum and pulp and paper industries.
Mon, 20 Oct 2014 22:48:26 -0700
A study in 2004 looked at females in sport being at risk of operating at a "negative energy balance", where the calories you take in are less than the calories expended. This can be linked to the psychological pressure on women to appear a certain way, ...
Belarus News (BelTA)
Wed, 15 Oct 2014 01:37:30 -0700
MINSK, 15 October (BelTA) – The fuel and energy balance of Belarus in 2015 will considerably differ from the ones in previous years, Energy Minister of Belarus Vladimir Potupchik told media on 15 October, BelTA has learned. “We have been gradually ...
Mon, 06 Oct 2014 21:18:45 -0700
If food intake is greater than the energy demands, the body promotes the storage of excess energy, usually fat. This is a useful adaptation in expectation of times of shortage, during which the stored fuels will be mobilized, resulting in the reduction ...
Fri, 03 Oct 2014 09:36:24 -0700
No one should be in any doubt: the world's energy balance is changing rapidly with profound political and economic consequences for the way every country and region will in future relate to one another. On October 1, the Financial Times reported that ...
Fri, 26 Sep 2014 08:00:00 -0700
ND ag commissioner candidates clash on energy balance. Candidates for North Dakota agriculture commissioner clashed Sept. 25 over their positions on affordable housing and differed in their approaches to balancing agriculture and energy. By: Patrick ...
Mon, 06 Oct 2014 08:18:35 -0700
Clearly, Chesapeake Energy's balance sheet is improving. However, the company still has some work to do. For example, the company's quick ratio (current assets excluding inventory/current liabilities) is 0.75, which is a vast improvement from 2012 when ...
Wed, 24 Sep 2014 04:28:19 -0700
Sofia. “Energy balance and investment plan in the sector is needed for the stable functioning of the energy system in Bulgaria. Another basic task is the energy strategy, because energy filed shouldn't be considered by pieces,” Deputy Minister Economy ...
Futurity: Research News
Sat, 25 Oct 2014 06:52:30 -0700
This regulatory system may be evolutionarily important as it can reduce heat production to maintain energy balance when we are hungry. “Modulating this brain-to-fat connection represents a potential novel strategy to combat obesity and associated ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
Digplanet also receives support from Searchlight Group.