Energy balance may refer to:
- First law of thermodynamics, according to which energy cannot be created or destroyed, only modified in form
- Earth's energy imbalance (climate change), the difference between incoming solar radiation and outgoing long wave radiation.
- Energy balance (biology), a measurement of the biological homeostasis of energy in living systems
- Energy balance (energy economics), verification and analysis of emergence, transformation and use of energy sources within an economic zone
- Energy economics, where the energy balance of a country is an aggregate presentation of all human activities related to energy, except for natural and biological processes
- Groundwater energy balance, comparing a groundwater body in terms of incoming hydraulic energy associated with groundwater inflow and outflow
- Energy returned on energy invested (EROEI), ratio of the amount of usable energy acquired from a particular energy resource to the amount of energy expended to obtain that energy resource
- Energy accounting, a system used within industry, where measuring and analyzing the energy consumption of different activities is done to improve energy efficiency
- Energy Economics (journal), a scientific journal published by Elsevier under its "North Holland" imprint
- A calculation used in designing industrial processes in which all energy flows and transformations, such as changes in temperature, heats of reaction, use of steam or other sources of heat, etc., are accounted for. Usually called a mass and energy balance because both are necessarily part of the calculation because of multiple materials involved, chemical reactions, phase changes, etc. and partial treatment of some of the materials. Energy balances are widely used in the chemical, petroleum and pulp and paper industries.
Thu, 27 Nov 2014 23:52:30 -0800
Meeting on November 26, 2014, the Executive Board of the Central Bank of Tunisia (BCT) noted the deceleration of the export rate (2.1% against 4.9% last year) against an acceleration of imports (7.2% against 3.3%), with a continued deterioration in ...
Fri, 14 Nov 2014 21:26:15 -0800
“Both sides of the energy-balance equation – food and activity – play a role in the obesity problem, and both are part of the solution,” said John M. Jakicic, director of the Physical Activity and Weight Management Research Center at the University of ...
Seeking Alpha (registration)
Wed, 05 Nov 2014 12:53:27 -0800
Chesapeake Energy's (CHK +6.7%) balance sheet is "close to being fully healed," Sterne Agee analyst Tim Rezvan exults after CHK's strong Q3 results, reduced expenses and the $5.4B sale of western Marcellus acreage expected to close this quarter.
Midland Daily News
Tue, 25 Nov 2014 07:56:15 -0800
“Maintaining weight is a matter of balance — energy balance,” said Exercise Physiologist Sara Krebs, program coordinator of MidMichigan Health's Medical Weight Management Program. “If you take in more calories than you burn in physical activity, you ...
Wed, 29 Oct 2014 14:33:45 -0700
Serious about improving memory, energy, balance, strength, flexibility = quality of life? Start today by focusing on your posture/core alignment all day long when walking, sitting, standing, in the kitchen, yard or hobby spot. Everyone can improve ...
Los Angeles Times
Wed, 26 Nov 2014 12:06:19 -0800
But if you want to limit Thanksgiving's damage, you might try to alter what scientists call the "energy balance equation" (calories taken in versus calories expended in activity) a little on both sides: Don't go back for thirds on Thanksgiving Day and ...
Wed, 26 Nov 2014 08:06:12 -0800
"Our works demonstrate the positive function of [berberine] in energy balance," said study author Guang Ning, of the China National Clinical Research Center for Metabolic Diseases. Unlike white fat, whose main role is to store energy, brown fat burns ...
Fri, 28 Nov 2014 05:18:45 -0800
... Nestle Institute of Health Sciences, who predicts, "This could lead to the development of new dietary approaches with targeted effects on the body that, like exercise, could help in addressing metabolic problems and maintaining a healthy energy ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
Digplanet also receives support from Searchlight Group.