Energy balance may refer to:
- First law of thermodynamics, according to which energy cannot be created or destroyed, only modified in form
- Earth's energy imbalance (climate change), the difference between incoming solar radiation and outgoing long wave radiation.
- Energy balance (biology), a measurement of the biological homeostasis of energy in living systems
- Energy balance (energy economics), verification and analysis of emergence, transformation and use of energy sources within an economic zone
- Energy economics, where the energy balance of a country is an aggregate presentation of all human activities related to energy, except for natural and biological processes
- Groundwater energy balance, comparing a groundwater body in terms of incoming hydraulic energy associated with groundwater inflow and outflow
- Energy returned on energy invested (EROEI), ratio of the amount of usable energy acquired from a particular energy resource to the amount of energy expended to obtain that energy resource
- Energy accounting, a system used within industry, where measuring and analyzing the energy consumption of different activities is done to improve energy efficiency
- Energy Economics (journal), a scientific journal published by Elsevier under its "North Holland" imprint
- A calculation used in designing industrial processes in which all energy flows and transformations, such as changes in temperature, heats of reaction, use of steam or other sources of heat, etc., are accounted for. Usually called a mass and energy balance because both are necessarily part of the calculation because of multiple materials involved, chemical reactions, phase changes, etc. and partial treatment of some of the materials. Energy balances are widely used in the chemical, petroleum and pulp and paper industries.
Fri, 14 Nov 2014 21:26:15 -0800
“Both sides of the energy-balance equation – food and activity – play a role in the obesity problem, and both are part of the solution,” said John M. Jakicic, director of the Physical Activity and Weight Management Research Center at the University of ...
Seeking Alpha (registration)
Wed, 05 Nov 2014 12:53:27 -0800
Chesapeake Energy's (CHK +6.7%) balance sheet is "close to being fully healed," Sterne Agee analyst Tim Rezvan exults after CHK's strong Q3 results, reduced expenses and the $5.4B sale of western Marcellus acreage expected to close this quarter.
Fri, 21 Nov 2014 10:24:02 -0800
This has enabled me to continue giving to others and maintain my energy balance. A quote I love via Sharon Salzberg from this year's Wisdom 2.0 Business conference is "You can't give from a place of depletion ... self-compassion is not selfish." This ...
Fri, 21 Nov 2014 09:15:00 -0800
Scientists at the Nestlé Institute of Health Sciences in Lausanne, Switzerland, say they have learned how our metabolism is regulated by a “master molecule” which controls the energy balance of the body. It is all about an enzyme called AMPK and its ...
Wed, 29 Oct 2014 14:33:45 -0700
Serious about improving memory, energy, balance, strength, flexibility = quality of life? Start today by focusing on your posture/core alignment all day long when walking, sitting, standing, in the kitchen, yard or hobby spot. Everyone can improve ...
Thu, 20 Nov 2014 05:18:45 -0800
This concept, also known as energy balance, is vital for weight control." So, this Thanksgiving when it comes down to going back for seconds (or thirds) and you have to decide whether to go for another 100 calories worth of turkey or another 100 ...
The Moscow Times
The Moscow Times
Thu, 20 Nov 2014 08:41:21 -0800
These measures will not entirely cut Ukraine's dependency on Gazprom at least in the midterm future; they will improve the country's energy balance and will set a necessary foundation for an economic recovery. The political establishment in Kiev should ...
Thu, 20 Nov 2014 13:33:45 -0800
One, radiative forcing – "the amount by which accumulating greenhouse gases in the atmosphere are perturbing the planet's energy balance" – is increasing. At the same time, The Arctic has been warming rapidly, and "High-latitude climates are more ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
Digplanet also receives support from Searchlight Group.