Energy balance may refer to:
- First law of thermodynamics, according to which energy cannot be created or destroyed, only modified in form
- Earth's energy imbalance (climate change), the difference between incoming solar radiation and outgoing long wave radiation.
- Energy balance (biology), a measurement of the biological homeostasis of energy in living systems
- Energy balance (energy economics), verification and analysis of emergence, transformation and use of energy sources within an economic zone
- Energy economics, where the energy balance of a country is an aggregate presentation of all human activities related to energy, except for natural and biological processes
- Groundwater energy balance, comparing a groundwater body in terms of incoming hydraulic energy associated with groundwater inflow and outflow
- Energy returned on energy invested (EROEI), ratio of the amount of usable energy acquired from a particular energy resource to the amount of energy expended to obtain that energy resource
- Energy accounting, a system used within industry, where measuring and analyzing the energy consumption of different activities is done to improve energy efficiency
- Energy Economics (journal), a scientific journal published by Elsevier under its "North Holland" imprint
- A calculation used in designing industrial processes in which all energy flows and transformations, such as changes in temperature, heats of reaction, use of steam or other sources of heat, etc., are accounted for. Usually called a mass and energy balance because both are necessarily part of the calculation because of multiple materials involved, chemical reactions, phase changes, etc. and partial treatment of some of the materials. Energy balances are widely used in the chemical, petroleum and pulp and paper industries.
Fri, 15 May 2015 05:56:15 -0700
INCULKALNS, Latvia, May 15 (Reuters) – Buried under heavy clay deep in the Latvian birch forests, sit the giant Soviet era gas reservoirs whose fate draws together the main players in the tense energy power game of the Baltics. A share in the site is ...
Thu, 07 May 2015 02:10:41 -0700
Baku. Ramiz Mikayiloglu – APA. Experts say that the current military and political balance of the Caspian Sea region depends on Russia, geo-economic and natural energy balance of that on Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan and Turkmenistan, and transport and ...
Fri, 22 May 2015 13:48:45 -0700
Energy balance. Moderation”. This update was the first time an emphasis on eating for individual activity level and moderation of fat, sugar and salt were included, in response to studies that showed a rise in diet-related chronic diseases. This marks ...
Tue, 19 May 2015 03:52:30 -0700
... cloud and how frequently they occur must be accurately simulated in climate models. Otherwise, the true impact of clouds on the Earth's energy balance will be uncertain. Their research was published in the Journal of Applied Meteorology and ...
Shore News Today
Fri, 22 May 2015 10:03:45 -0700
Highland Academy is sponsoring a Stand-Up Comedy Fundraiser featuring host Kevin Hurley on Friday, May 22 at the Mays Landing Country Club. The cost of the show is $30. Food and beverages will be available for purchase. The fundraiser is being held ...
Wed, 20 May 2015 15:36:16 -0700
“It was a way to teach calorie intake and energy, energy balance, things like that through movement lessons instead of just sitting down and learning about that in a classroom,” Whalen said. Students wore pedometers and accelerometers so researchers ...
Wed, 20 May 2015 12:05:41 -0700
... positive steps taken by the Mediterranean country in reducing greenhouse gas emissions, the involvement of Renewable Sources (RES) in the country's energy balance, as well as energy efficiency and energy saving issues, the ministry said in a statement.
Wed, 20 May 2015 05:56:15 -0700
However, the impact of geothermal energy production on the PRC's energy balance is relatively small and will not bring major changes anytime soon because, while the joint Iceland-China test projects have been successful, further study of local Chinese ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
Digplanet also receives support from Searchlight Group.