Energy balance may refer to:
- First law of thermodynamics, according to which energy cannot be created or destroyed, only modified in form
- Earth's energy imbalance (climate change), the difference between incoming solar radiation and outgoing long wave radiation.
- Energy balance (biology), a measurement of the biological homeostasis of energy in living systems
- Energy balance (energy economics), verification and analysis of emergence, transformation and use of energy sources within an economic zone
- Energy economics, where the energy balance of a country is an aggregate presentation of all human activities related to energy, except for natural and biological processes
- Groundwater energy balance, comparing a groundwater body in terms of incoming hydraulic energy associated with groundwater inflow and outflow
- Energy returned on energy invested (EROEI), ratio of the amount of usable energy acquired from a particular energy resource to the amount of energy expended to obtain that energy resource
- Energy accounting, a system used within industry, where measuring and analyzing the energy consumption of different activities is done to improve energy efficiency
- Energy Economics (journal), a scientific journal published by Elsevier under its "North Holland" imprint
- A calculation used in designing industrial processes in which all energy flows and transformations, such as changes in temperature, heats of reaction, use of steam or other sources of heat, etc., are accounted for. Usually called a mass and energy balance because both are necessarily part of the calculation because of multiple materials involved, chemical reactions, phase changes, etc. and partial treatment of some of the materials. Energy balances are widely used in the chemical, petroleum and pulp and paper industries.
Overall Energy Balance for Open and Closed Systems
In this video, I derive the overall energy balance for an open and closed system involving shaft work, work done by fluid flow, and work done by expansion and compression. This equation has...
Energy Balance on a Condenser
Calculates the cooling duty required to condense and cool acetone from 100C to 25C using an energy balance. Uses both sensible and latent heat to perform the calculation. Made by faculty at...
Energy Balance on a Heat Exchanger
Performs an energy balance on a heat exchanger that has superheated steam fed to it. Uses the steam tables. Made by faculty at the University of Colorado Boulder Department of Chemical and...
Energy balance explained - get the balance right!
This video explains the science behind energy balance and how it affects you. It provides practical tips – small steps that you can incorporate in your lifestyle to reach a healthy balance!...
Nutrition - Energy Balance & Healthy Body Weight
GCC Instructor Lisa Sheldon discusses "Energy Balance and Healthy Body Weight " to her Introduction to Nutrition classes.
The Earth's Energy Balance
Earth's energy balance will enable you to understand radiative equilibrium. You will also be able to recognize that the temperature of earth depends on the amount of solar energy that it absorbs....
How to do an energy balance in the ABSENCE of chemical ...
"How to do an energy balance in the ABSENCE of chemical reaction".A solved problem showing how to tackle the determination of the increment of enthalpy for an open system with no reaction in...
Energy Balance of an Open System
Energy balance of an open system, and flow work\Please provide feedback on this module by selecting _Like_ or _Dislike_. Your feedback is important to me in developing new tutorials.
energy balance and body composition
We look at the components of energy balance (intake vs expenditure) as well as body composition-what it means and how it is determined.
Energy Balance Closed System Introduction
Energy balance in closed system, first law of thermodynamics, heat, sign convention.
Thu, 05 Mar 2015 15:05:14 -0800
Semiconductor companies are introducing new voltage regulator architectures incorporating non-linear controls, multiple loops, and hysteretic operation to achieve these goals. One of the more interesting topologies is the patented predictive energy ...
Tue, 31 Mar 2015 00:38:35 -0700
Electricity contributes only 1.4% to the national energy balance. Uganda currently has one of the lowest per capita electricity consumption in the world with 215 kWh per capita per year (Sub-Saharan Africa's average: 552 kWh per capita, World average ...
Seeking Alpha (registration)
Wed, 25 Mar 2015 12:52:30 -0700
This would be a good time to take a look at Linn Energy's balance sheet and consider the circumstances that led to this deal materializing. The long story short: Linn Energy's balance sheet is so leveraged that it had little choice except to entertain ...
Mon, 30 Mar 2015 16:15:00 -0700
If the thyroid over generates hormones, it could increase weight loss, contributing to a high basal metabolic rate, or BMR, determining body's energy balance and how calories are used. However, the imbalance could also trigger a signal in the brain to ...
EurekAlert (press release)
Mon, 30 Mar 2015 02:33:45 -0700
Their offspring were fed the same diet after weaning. When the rats reached adolescence, the researchers measured their neural activity involved in energy balance and appetite regulation. "We looked at the circuits that relay information from the ...
Mon, 30 Mar 2015 00:24:53 -0700
With the aim being to optimize the overall energy balance, and improve fuel efficiency. E-Mode: this mode is exactly what it sounds like. All-electric driving. Nothing else. E-Save: The E-Save mode allows the driver to withhold use of energy stored in ...
Wed, 25 Mar 2015 14:45:00 -0700
Oil is already a "store of value" and will continue to be so moving forward... even as other sources of energy make greater contributions to a new energy balance. And that leads me to the final observation occasioned by your comments. The longer-term ...
The Market Oracle
Wed, 25 Mar 2015 06:52:30 -0700
Oil is already a “store of value” and will continue to be so moving forward… even as other sources of energy make greater contributions to a new energy balance. And that leads me to the final observation occasioned by your comments. The longer-term ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
Digplanet also receives support from Searchlight Group.