Elizabeth Burns was Dean of Undergraduate Studies at Heythrop College, University of London from 2003–2008 and lectures in Philosophy of Religion.
She has a BD (specialising in Philosophy of Religion and Ethics) from King's College London, and a PhD from Queens' College, Cambridge. She was a Lecturer in Religious Studies at Suffolk College, Ipswich from 1992 until she came to Heythrop in 1999. From 2000-2003 she was the Course Director for the University of London BD for External Students.
She currently teaches an intercollegiate Philosophy of Religion course for the University of London MA Philosophy, and also teaches Interpreting Religious Language, and conducts the seminars and tutorials for Philosophy, Religion and Ethics students.
Her publications include:
- 'Michael Martin on Divine Omniscience', Think 10 (Summer 2005).
- 'Religion Without 'Superstition'? A Realist View', Dialogue 24 (April 2005).
- ‘Transforming Metaphysics? Revisioning Christianity in the Light of Analytical Philosophy’, in Faith and Analysis: A Critical Look at the Impact of Analytical Philosophy on the Philosophy of Religion eds. Harriet A. Harris and Christopher Insole (Farnborough: Ashgate Publishing Ltd, 2005).
- Religious Language Subject Guide (London: External Publications, University of London, 2004, second edition).
- ‘Philosophy of Religion’, in Philosophy for AS and A2, Elizabeth Burns and Stephen Law (eds) (London: Routledge, 2004).
- Review of Philosophy: Key Themes and Philosophy: Key Texts, Julian Baggini (Basingstoke: Palgrave Macmillan, 2002), Think, Spring 2004, 103-105.
- Philosophy of Religion Subject Guide (London: External Publications, University of London, 2003, second edition).
- Buddhism Subject Guide (London: External Publications, University of London, 2002).
- The Church to AD461 Subject Guide (London: External Publications, University of London, 2000).
- ‘Iris Murdoch and the Nature of Good’, Religious Studies 33 (1997), 303-313.
- A review of The God Delusion
Notes and references
Fri, 15 Aug 2014 08:33:45 -0700
From left to right are Nina Hopton, 22, of Salina; Ja-Li-Si Pittman, 20, of Tahlequah; Sunday Plumb, 21, of Tahlequah; Elizabeth Burns, 18, of Claremore; and Ashley Miller, 21, of Stilwell, will compete for the honor of being Miss Cherokee 2014-15 on Aug.
Thu, 14 Aug 2014 11:00:00 -0700
Daughter Elizabeth Burns has been the creative director and co-author on many of Burns' works, and the business is indeed a family one. During an interview on a mid-August day, Burns, his daughter and his son J, as well as his partner Alice Lease Dana, ...
Wed, 06 Aug 2014 14:33:45 -0700
Elizabeth Burns plans to attend Wittenburg University this fall to pursue a career in biology and then attend graduate school with a goal of being an occupational therapist specializing in treatment of patients with mental and physical disabilities ...
Sun, 17 Aug 2014 01:26:15 -0700
Horner teamed with fellow Queen's student Devon Jackson, poring over 19th century police reports from archives, with Jackson eventually writing the play that intertwines the lives of each of the four main characters. Horner played the role of Elizabeth ...
Thu, 07 Aug 2014 11:20:49 -0700
Elizabeth Burns, whose daughter Ella is a 1st-grade student at Sycamore, said the calendar has been a positive both financially and academically. "Having my 1st-grader start school this early in August saves hard-earned money that would have to ...
Fri, 08 Aug 2014 22:10:59 -0700
... staff appreciate the community's support in passing the budget by such a healthy margin and look forward to another year of providing the high-quality library service our residents deserve, expect and utilize,” Library Director Elizabeth Burns said ...
Mon, 04 Aug 2014 20:56:15 -0700
Cast in a single capacious movement and scored for flute (here, Brook Ferguson), clarinet (Alan Kay), violin (Ari Isaacman-Beck), viola (Tegen Davidge), cello (Madeline Fayette), bass (Elizabeth Burns), percussion (Eduardo Leandro), and celesta (Mei ...
Tue, 05 Aug 2014 09:29:21 -0700
She said she is excited to help the community if elected. More information about the budget is available online at the library website, Myrml.org. Questions should be directed to Elizabeth Burns, the library director, who can be reached at 283-0774 ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
You can talk about Elizabeth Burns with people all over the world in our discussions.