|This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
||This article contains content that is written like an advertisement. (October 2010)
Edgel Groves is a recording artist/singer/songwriter who recorded the Hit single "Footprints in the Sand" based on the anonymous poem of the same name. in 1981. The song sold millions of copies and the record was #1 in "country music" and was a cross over hit and became #1 in Christian and country gospel. It was also voted the number one requested song of 1981 by American radio DJs. Edgel Groves was the original singer to record "Footprints in the Sand" and the only singer to have "Footprints in the Sand" as a hit in the music charts. His number one hit is credited with making the poem famous.
- Started playing the mandolin and singing at the age of 4 in his Father's church and country and bluegrass with his brother Kenny (Kenny was one of Ohio's bluegrass mandolin champions).
- Started writing his own songs at the age of 8 and won many local/regional talent contests.
- Started recording at age 13.
- Did demo/dub work for RCA A&R Director, Darol Rice, in Hollywood at 17.
- Won talent contest at Travis AF Base (Fairfield, California) to appear on Ed Sullivan.
- Producer/Artist/Songwriter at Coast Recorders in San Francisco. Had some regional hits. Shared the studio with Sylvester Stewart, Sly and the Family Stone, Joe Simon and Cornelius Bumpus (Corny and the Corvettes)later with the Doobie Brothers.
- A & R for Tiretown Records in Akron, Ohio. Had a regional hit with "Five More Miles To Christmas" (BMI Songs of American Int'l Music)Also written by Edgel Groves.
- Producer/Artist/Songwriter for Lowery Music/Southern Tracks Records in Atlanta, Georgia. Had some Top 40 Regional Hits. Had 8 piece show band and toured extensively. Lowery's stable of artists included, Billy Joe Royal, Tommy Roe, The Atlanta Rhythm Section, Joe South, Dennis Yost & the Classics IV, Ray Stevens, Jerry Reed, Bertie Higgins, Ray Whitley and Edgel Groves.
- Had two National TV Music Specials on TBS produced by R.T. Wiliams/Head of Turner productions for 16 years and also did on camera, commercial work for them.
- Original Artist of the #1 Country Mega Hit, "Footprints in the Sand". Also crossed over to become #1 in Christian and Gospel on a world wide basis. Was the most requested song on radio in 1981.
- Inducted into the Atlanta Music Hall of Fame.
- Still writes and produces at Real 2 Reel Studios in Jonesboro, Georgia for independent artist and himself. Real2 Reel Studios is the home of Collective Soul, Kansas and other major artists.
- Also appearing on TV, Channel 57 in Atlanta and producing some TV pilots to promote artist in, around and coming through Atlanta.
We're sorry, but there's no news about "Edgel Groves" right now.
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
Digplanet also receives support from Searchlight Group.