Eblaite // (also known as Eblan ISO 639-3) is an extinct Semitic language which was used in the 23rd century BC in the ancient city of Ebla, at Tell Mardikh (Arabic: تل مرديخ), between Aleppo and Hama, in western modern Syria.
Eblaite has been described as an East Semitic language which may be very close to pre-Sargonic Akkadian. For example, Manfred Krebernik says that Eblaite "is so closely related to Akkadian that it may be classified as an early Akkadian dialect", although some of the names that appear in the tablets are Northwest Semitic. According to Cyrus H. Gordon, although scribes might have spoken it sometimes, Eblaite was probably not spoken much, being rather a written lingua franca with East and West Semitic features.
The language is known from about 15,000 tablets written with cuneiform script which were found since the 1970s mostly in the ruins of the city of Ebla.
- ^ Eblaite at MultiTree on the Linguist List
- ^ Nordhoff, Sebastian; Hammarström, Harald; Forkel, Robert; Haspelmath, Martin, eds. (2013). "Eblan". Glottolog 2.2. Leipzig: Max Planck Institute for Evolutionary Anthropology.
- ^ Krebernik, "Linguistic Classification"
- ^ a b Gordon, "Amorite and Eblaite", page 101
- A. Archi. 1987. "Ebla and Eblaite," Eblaitica 1. Ed. C.H. Gordon. Winona Lake, Indiana: Eisenbrauns. Pages 7–17.
- Cyrus H. Gordon. 1997. "Amorite and Eblaite," The Semitic Languages. Ed. Robert Hetzron. New York: Routledge. Pages 100-113.
- Manfred Krebernik. 1996. "The Linguistic Classification of Eblaite: Methods, Problems, and Results." In The Study of the Ancient Near East in the Twenty-First Century: The William Foxwell Albright Centennial Conference (eds. J.S. Cooper – G.M. Schwartz), pp. 233–249.
- G. Rubio 2006. "Eblaite, Akkadian, and East Semitic." In The Akkadian Language in its Semitic Context (ed. N.J.C. Kouwenberg and G. Deutscher. Leiden: Nederlands Instituut voor het Nabije Oosten), pp. 110–139.
How to Pronounce Eblaite
Learn how to say Eblaite correctly with EmmaSaying's "how do you pronounce" free tutorials. @---@---@---@---@---@---@---@---@---@---@---@---@---@ Check out m...
The Creation (The Eblaite Creation Hymn)
Yet another creation story, this one being a really old one from the city of Ebla. It is a creation hymn, found on a clay tablet, and is addressed to El. It'...
Faces of Ancient Middle East Part 7 (Ancient Semites)
Ebla Ebla (Arabic: إبلا, modern Tell Mardikh, Idlib Governorate, Syria) was an ancient city about 55 km southwest of Aleppo. It was an important city-state ...
How to Pronounce Eblan
Can we reach 1 Like? Watch video to the end :) Eblaite /ˈɛbləˌaɪt, ˈiblə-/ [eb-luh-ahyt, ee-bluh-] noun, 1.the Semitic language of the people of Ebla, believ...
PHOENICIANS = ARYAN = IRAN, MUSLIM GOD ALLAH = KABALLAH = CUBE GOD pt2
Part 3 http://youtu.be/jzpp0g9RiK8 The original Sumerian script was adapted for the writing of the Akkadian, Egyptian, Eblaite, Elamite, Hittite, Luwian, Hat...
PHOENICIANS = ARYAN = IRAN, MUSLIM GOD ALLAH = KABALLAH = CUBE GOD pt 3 1)
The original Sumerian script was adapted for the writing of the Akkadian, Egyptian, Eblaite, Elamite, Hittite, Luwian, Hattic, Hurrian, and Urartian language...
PHOENICIANS = ARYAN = IRAN, MUSLIM GOD ALLAH = KABALLAH = CUBE GOD pt 1/3
PART 2 http://youtu.be/254Mk0252_I The original Sumerian script was adapted for the writing of the Akkadian, Egyptian, Eblaite, Elamite, Hittite, Luwian, Hat...
Letters from Ugarit
These are two short letters from Ugarit. Both are presented in the Ugaritic Cuneiform Alphabet and transliteration (without vocalization). English translatio...
камень - ܟܐܦܐ - ke-pa, ki-pa - stone
http://youtube.com/subscription_center?add_user=assyrianlang (c) Карточки ассирийских слов http://vk.com/lishana ܟܹܐܦܵܐ - камень - ܟܐܦܐ - ke-pa, ki-pa - ston...
Archeological Evidence of the Ancient Cities of Sodom and Gomorrah [FULL DOCUMENTARY]
Archeologists search for evidence of the ancient cities of Sodom and Gomorrah. (Biblical Mysteries EP04) Sodom and Gomorrah (/ˈsɒd.əm/; /ɡə.ˈmɔr.ə/) were cit...
We're sorry, but there's no news about "Eblaite language" right now.
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
You can talk about Eblaite language with people all over the world in our discussions.