||This article or section contains a current television or radio schedule. Please convert this schedule to prose. Schedules which have been copied and pasted from an external source may possibly be in violation of copyright. (September 2012)|
Drystone Radio, operating on 106.9FM is a not-for-profit community radio station operating from Cowling, North Yorkshire to listeners in South Craven and Skipton. It is currently broadcast online and on FM covering local news and interests.
Drystone Radio is a non profit community radio station that provides access to local news, issues and interests. It was founded by David Adams, and initially broadcast over the internet on their website. They became incorporated on 1 October 1998 and registered as a charity on 29 June 2007. Ofcom awarded the station a five year licence 2007, and in January 2009 the station began broadcasting to the southern Yorkshire dales and east Lancashire on 106.9FM.
The mission statement for the station is:
"To promote active community involvement in regeneration and social inclusion and to enhance diversity and quality within the Yorkshire Dales area through use of community radio as a tool for cohesion, expression and skills development."
Some of Drystone's current presenters.
- David Adams - Sports / Drystone Radio Chief Executive
- Andy Rankine - Breakfast with Andy, weekday mornings from 7-11am also IT support and Radio Station Administration
- Oliver Wilkinson - Presenter / IT & Programme Controller
- Mick Peacock-Time Tunnel / Love Lounge
- Jason Smith - Early Breakfast Presenter
- Chris Bell - Weekday Lunch Monday to Friday 11 am - 1pm & Friday Night Rock Show 10pm - 12am
- Dave Watkiss - Sports Review Saturday 11am - 12pm & View From The Clock Tower
- Daisy Watkiss - Crazy Daisy's Lazy Saturday - Saturday - 12pm - 1pm
- Dave Metcalfe - Drivetime - 5-7pm weekdays
- Hollie Cooper - Presenter, Every Week Day 4-5, Saturday Show 1-3 and Local Bands promoter Friday 3-4
- Ben Tierney - Haggis For Lunch
- Martin Green - Dales Life
- Jacob Baldwin - Saturday Breakfast 8am - 10:30pm
- Louie Hannan - Presenter
- Ross Smillie - Thunderclash Charts Presenter - Tuesday 7-8pm
- James Wilson - Solid Gold Sunday
Drystone Radio in 2013 
From March 2012 Drystone Radio started a regular weekday Breakfast Show, Lunchtime Show and Drivetime Show. Regular presenters are Andy Rankine on Breakfast with Andy, Chris Bell at Lunch Monday to Friday 11am till 1pm, Hollie Cooper between 4 and 5 every weekday, and former 2BR presenter Dave Metcalfe at Drivetime, from 5pm till 7pm. Schedules have been revised to take specialist shows into the evenings and weekends including the Friday Night Rock Show which is 10pm till Midnight.
The main broadcast studio underwent a complete refurbishment during the summer of 2012, and played host to an ITV film crew for the second time as they filmed for an episode of The Dales TV programme, due for broadcast early in 2013. The station attracted national attention on the first occasion as they filmed Crazy Daisy, who was hailed as the UK's youngest radio presenter when her career was launched at Drystone Radio at the age of 9.
Drystone continues to be involved in charity and community events throughout the year, through hosting events and outside broadcasts.
- "Drystone Radio". North Yorkshire Forum for Voluntary Organisations. Retrieved 8 July 2010.[dead link]
- "Report of the Trustees and Unaudited Financial Statements for the Year Ended 31 October 2008". charity commission. Retrieved 4 November 2012.
- Welsh, James (16 October 2007). "Four community radio licences awarded". Digital Spy. Retrieved 4 November 2012.
- "About Drystone Radio". Retrieved 4 November 2012.