|Single by Mehrzad Marashi|
|from the album New Life|
|Released||18 April 2010|
|Format||CD single, digital download, Airplay|
|Certification||1x Gold (Germany), 1x Gold (Austria)|
"Don't Believe" is a song by German artist Mehrzad Marashi, the winner of the seventh season of Deutschland sucht den Superstar (DSDS, "Germany Seeks a Superstar"). It was written and produced by Dieter Bohlen. In April 2010 it was released as a 2-track single.
Formats and track listings 
- 2-Track Single
- "Don't Believe" (Single Version) 3:01
- "Don't Believe" (Karaoke Version) 3:01
Music video 
The music video was filmed April 2010 in New York, lasting one week. The world premiere of the video was on "BILD.de" and at the official website of RTL. In the video, Marashi performed at different locations in New York; in the video viewers can see the Statue of Liberty, the Skyline and Rodeo Drive. The "Don't Believe" music video was the most-viewed video on MTV.de and VIVA.tv for two weeks.
Chart performance 
The first time in the history of the DSDS TV series, the song was available directly after the program to download, and sold within the first 24 hours more often than any song previously. The Maxi-CD was an instant top seller: after only five days. The Dieter Bohlen written and produced song in Germany alone found more than 100,000 buyers and ranked according to the first week unchallenged at the top of the singles charts in Germany, Austria, Switzerland and Luxemburg. At the same time, a boycott campaign was launched, to prevent Mehrzad from reaching #1 on the charts, by downloading the 12-year-old song "Boomerang", but without success. Up to May 2011, it was the last single in Germany that debuted directly at No. 1. Then, Pietro Lombardi, the winner of the 8th season of Deutschland sucht den Superstar, would break the chain and also debuted at No. 1 with his winning title "Call My Name".
"Don't Believe" was certified with Gold in Germany.
|Austria (Ö3 Austria Top 40)||1|
|Eurochart Hot 100 Singles||6|
|Germany (Media Control AG)||1|
|Luxembourg Digital Songs (Billboard)||1|
|Switzerland (Schweizer Hitparade)||1|
Year-end charts 
|European Hot 100 Singles||99|
|German Singles Chart||13|
"Satellite" by Lena
|German Singles Chart number-one single
23 April 2010 - 14 May 2010
"Wavin' Flag" by K'naan
- "Gold-/Platin-Datenbank ('Don't Believe')" (in German). Bundesverband Musikindustrie.
- "Mehrzad Marashi – Don't Believe – Austriancharts.at" (in German). Ö3 Austria Top 40. Hung Medien.
- "Die ganze Musik im Internet: Charts, News, Neuerscheinungen, Tickets, Genres, Genresuche, Genrelexikon, Künstler-Suche, Musik-Suche, Track-Suche, Ticket-Suche – musicline.de" (in German). Media Control Charts. PhonoNet GmbH.
- "Luxembourg Digital Songs - May 8, 2010". Billboard.
- "Mehrzad Marashi – Don't Believe – swisscharts.com". Swiss Singles Chart. Hung Medien.