|This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
||This article needs additional citations for verification. (May 2008)
Digital marketing is marketing that makes use of electronic devices (computers) such as personal computers, smartphones, cellphones, tablets and game consoles to engage with stakeholders. Digital marketing applies technologies or platforms such as websites, e-mail, apps (classic and mobile) and social networks. Social Media Marketing is a component of digital marketing. Many organizations use a combination of traditional and digital marketing channels.
The term 'digital marketing' was first used in the 1990s. In the 2000s and the 2010s, digital marketing became more sophisticated as an effective way to create a relationship with the consumer that has depth and relevance.
In 2012 and 2013 statistics showed digital marketing remained a growing field.
Digital marketing is often referred to as 'online marketing' or 'internet marketing'. The term 'digital marketing' has grown in popularity over time, particularly in certain countries. In the USA 'online marketing' is still prevalent, but in the UK and worldwide, 'digital marketing' has become the most common term, especially after the year 2013.
Some of the latest developments include
1. Segmentation: more focus has been placed on segmentation within digital marketing, in order to target specific markets in both business to business and business to consumer sectors.
2. Influencer marketing: Important nodes are identified within related communities, known as influencers. This is becoming an important concept in digital targeting. It is possible to reach influencers via paid advertising, such as Facebook or Google Adsense campaigns, or through sophisticated sCRM (social customer relationship management) software, such as Microsoft Dynamics and Salesforce CRM. Many universities now focus, at Masters level, on engagement strategies for influencers.
To summarize, Pull digital marketing is characterized by consumers actively seeking marketing content while Push digital marketing occurs when marketers send messages without that content being actively sought by the recipients.
Push and pull message technologies can be used in conjunction. For example, an email campaign can include a banner ad or link to a content download.
- ^ Clark, Dorie (11 November 2012), The End of the Expert: Why No One in Marketing Knows What They're Doing, Forbes, archived from the original on 4 November 2013
- ^ Kates, Matthew (17 April 2013), Making digital and traditional marketing work together, Econsultancy, archived from the original on 25 November 2013
- ^ Brinkley, Claire (18 October 2012), Digital marketing is growing in Australia, but so is the skills gap, Econsultancy, archived from the original on 21 October 2012
- ^ eMarketer (25 September 2013), Worldwide Ad Growth Buoyed by Digital, Mobile Adoption, eMarketer, archived from the original on 12 November 2013
- ^ Google, Trends. "Google Trends". Google Inc. Retrieved 9 February 2014.
- Ryan, Damian; Jones, Calvin (2009), Understanding digital marketing: marketing strategies for engaging the digital generation, Kogan Page, ISBN 0749453893
- Carter, Ben; Brooks, Gregory; Catalano, Frank; Smith, Bud (2007), Digital Marketing for Dummies, John Wiley & Sons, ISBN 9780470057933
Interview with Avinash Kaushik, digital marketing evangelist for Google
http://predictiveroilive.com/blog/avinash-kaushik/ Stephen Woessner, CEO of Predictive ROI interviews Avinash Kaushik, digital marketing evangelist for Googl...
4 Phases of Digital Marketing | online marketing seminar
http://www.26weekplan.com/ The 4 Phases of Digital Marketing is the framework behind the 26-Week Digital Marketing Plan - a step-by-step online marketing pla...
Professor David Bell on Digital Marketing: Wharton Lifelong Learning Tour
David Bell, the Xinmei Zhang and Yongge Dai Professor at the Wharton School, spoke to alumni in Los Angeles about managing brand and customer assets through ...
15 Digital Marketing Tips
What's your Digital Marketing Strategy? How does your existing website perform? How many leads are you generating? Are these leads converting to sales? What ...
Digital Marketing -- What It Is and Why It Matters -- The SAS Point of View
This video defines the SAS point of view on digital marketing. SAS® Customer Intelligence offers a complete suite of digital marketing capabilities. To learn...
Traditional marketing vs Digital marketing
Traditional marketing vs Digital marketing. Digital marketing training course in India.
Digital Marketing Training in Hyderabad - Part 1
http://www.webtrainings.in/digital-marketing-training-hyderabad/ - Learn Digital Marketing in Hyderabad from Web Trainings Academy. We are established in 200...
2014 Digital Marketing Trends
What does the future hold for digital marketing in 2014? This video explores where online marketing is headed in 2014 and beyond- Plus offers stats on conten...
Sal Khan at Adobe Digital Marketing Summit 2013
Sal Khan speaks at the Adobe Digital Marketing Summit 2013 on Thu, Mar 7, 2013 in Salt Lake City, UT. More free lessons at: http://www.khanacademy.org/video?v=8IGREqSL_CE.
This is Digital Marketing: From Ad Men to Math Men | Mediative
Digital marketing is complicated enough for insiders. For outsiders, it's a tangled web of technology, jargon and acronyms. The aim of this video is to get a...
Search Engine Watch
Fri, 29 Aug 2014 13:26:15 -0700
In a digital age, where most users have computers and mobile devices, accessing websites, social networks, and other online media, has become part of day-to-day living. Thus, many companies have adopted digital marketing strategies to continue to ...
Thu, 28 Aug 2014 13:34:00 -0700
Digital marketing uses various tools for digital marketing functions such as sales CRM, marketing automation, e-commerce, e-mail, WCM, web analytics, and social CRM. All these software tools collectively help an organization to develop and implement ...
Fri, 29 Aug 2014 06:07:30 -0700
This is a roundup of new hires and promotions in the digital marketing industry during August. As summer nears its end, turnover at agencies and other marketing companies is at an all-time high. This August ad-tech companies and global creative ...
Huffington Post (blog)
Tue, 26 Aug 2014 09:07:30 -0700
The same phenomenon is happening in digital marketing. Your current "digital" person may be the one designing creative, managing search campaigns or coding apps now, but their role will need to change to something more results-based than task-based ...
Fri, 29 Aug 2014 03:18:45 -0700
SUMMARY – Bookmaker Paddy Power's digital marketing skills cameto the fore during the recent World Cup, with customer acquisition rates up by nearly 150,000 over the 4 weeks of the tournament. my-goodness-here-are-the-12-sexiest-world-. England's ...
PR Web (press release)
Fri, 29 Aug 2014 14:00:00 -0700
Nashville Digital Marketing Agency, Horton Group, has hired Nathan Brown as Digital Marketing Strategist. Brown brings with him more than six years of experience helping brands grow their online presence through various SEO and inbound marketing ...
Thu, 28 Aug 2014 07:37:30 -0700
Xobni, Slideshare, and a few other companies presented digital marketing success stories of their own B2B "freemium" sales models. All the talk about A/B and multivariate testing, conversion rate analysis, and optimizing marketing dollars resonated ...
Fri, 29 Aug 2014 07:40:41 -0700
The Bermuda Tourism Authority [BTA] has a decidedly more digital marketing strategy to attract visitors to the island, a new quarterly report reveals. The BTA said, “In the second quarter of 2014 – the first quarter of operation for the BTA – 82 ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
You can talk about Digital marketing with people all over the world in our discussions.