|DA52 / DA62|
|Diamond DA52 prototype on its maiden flight, 3 April 2012, Wiener Neustadt, Austria|
|Role||Twin engine light aircraft|
|Manufacturer||Diamond Aircraft Industries|
|First flight||3 April 2012|
|Number built||1 prototype|
|Developed from||Diamond DA50|
Design and development
The DA52 development team is headed by Diamond managing director Manfred Zipper. It is based upon the fuselage of the Diamond DA50, but with two Austro AE300 diesel engines burning Jet-A fuel. Company CEO Christian Dries indicated that the engines may be replaced with turboprops.
In flying the prototype from Diamond's Wiener Neustadt plant to the AERO Friedrichshafen 2012 show the aircraft achieved 16.6 mpg fuel efficiency, the result of improvements in cooling drag and aerodynamic drag made during its development.
The company originally intended to have the aircraft available for sale in July 2013 and expected to offer fly-by-wire controls as an option by 2014, but development was delayed and those dates not met.
- Prototype, two built.
- Proposed production variant.
- Crew: one
- Capacity: up to six passengers
- Powerplant: 2 × Austro AE300 diesel aircraft engines, 130 kW (180 hp) each
- Cruising speed: 352 km/h (219 mph; 190 kn)
- Range: 2,300 km (1,429 mi; 1,242 nmi)
- Service ceiling: 3,700 m (12,139 ft)
- Rate of climb: 8.6 m/s (1,700 ft/min)
- Bertorelli, Paul (17 March 2012). "At Aero, More New Stuff From Diamond". AVweb. Retrieved 14 March 2012.
- Diamond Aircraft (3 April 2012). "Erstflug der neuen DA52 von Diamond Aircraft". Retrieved 5 April 2012.
- Pew, Glenn (20 April 2012). "Diamond Shares DA52 Maiden Flight Stats". AVweb. Retrieved 23 April 2012.
- Bertorelli, Paul (3 April 2012). "Diamond Flies Its New DA52". AVweb. Retrieved 5 April 2012.
- Diamond's top-of-the-range DA52 becomes DA62
- AVweb Staff (4 June 2014). "Diamond Renames The DA52 The DA62". AVWeb. Retrieved 6 June 2014.
- Bertorelli, Paul (18 April 2012). "Diamond's DA52 A Centerpiece". AVweb. Retrieved 19 April 2012.
- Official website
- Official company first flight video
- AVWeb video about DA52 development shot at Aero 2012
- AVWeb video about the DA52 from May 2013