|This article is outdated. (September 2013)|
|Diamond DA50 Super Star & Magnum|
|DA50 at Airventure 2007|
|Manufacturer||Diamond Aircraft Industries|
|First flight||4 April 2007|
|Number built||1 prototype|
The Diamond DA50 Super Star and DA50 Magnum are five-place single-engine composite aircraft designed by Diamond Aircraft Industries. Introduced in 2006, the project was later put on hold and the current status of the product is unknown.
The DA50 was unofficially presented in December 2006 at a company Christmas party and is to be able to be operated with gasoline and diesel engines up to 350hp. The new five seater will have one of the largest cabins of the new generation of general aviation airplanes.
The avgas powered version of the DA50 is to be equipped with a single FADEC-equipped Continental TSIO-550-J powerplant with twin turbo chargers producing 350 hp (261 kW). The plane's wingspan is currently reported as 38', 4", with overall fuselage length of 29 feet. The maximum takeoff weight is planned to be 3,527 lbs. The Diamond DA50 Super Star will be pressurized and offer a Ballistic Recovery Systems aircraft parachute system as an option.
- DA50 SuperStar
- Pressurized version powered by a Teledyne Continental TSIOF-550J, US FAA certification forecast for 2012
- DA50 Magnum
- Unpressurized version, with a standard integral oxygen system, powered by an Austro Engine AE 300 170 hp (127 kW) diesel, US FAA certification originally forecast for mid-2010
Specifications (DA50 SuperStar)
- Crew: one
- Capacity: four passengers
- Length: 28 ft 11 in (8.81 m)
- Wingspan: 38 ft 4 in (11.68 m)
- Height: 7 ft 3 in (2.21 m)
- Wing area: 148 sq ft (13.7 m2)
- Empty weight: 2,200 lb (998 kg)
- Gross weight: 3,560 lb (1,615 kg)
- Fuel capacity: 74 US gallons (280 litres)
- Powerplant: 1 × Teledyne Continental TSIOF-550J six cylinder, four-stroke, piston aircraft engine, 350 hp (260 kW)
- Propellers: 3-bladed constant speed, with 4-bladed propeller optional
- Cruise speed: 200 kn (230 mph; 370 km/h)
- Garmin G1000 three-screen
- Diamond Aircraft (2007). "DA50 Superstar Brochure". Archived from the original on 2008-02-23. Retrieved 2008-03-18.
- "Diamond Super Star makes first flight!". undated. Archived from the original on 2008-02-25. Retrieved 2008-03-18. Check date values in:
- Bill Cox, "Diamond DA40 XLS: Premier Edition", Plane and Pilot, 21 June 2011
- Peppler, Graeme (April 2009). "Diesel DA50 Headed To U.S.". Retrieved 2009-04-06.
- Diamond Aircraft (undated). "DA50 SuperStar Specifications". Retrieved 19 July 2010. Check date values in:
- Diamond Aircraft (undated). "DA50 Magnum Specs and Options". Retrieved 19 July 2010. Check date values in:
- Diamond Aircraft (undated). "DA50 Magnum (Future Project)". Retrieved 19 July 2010. Check date values in:
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Diamond DA-50.|
- Press release from Diamond on the DA50 Super Star
- Photos of the DA50 Super Star
- DA50 Brochure
- Diamond Aircraft - corporate web site
- Diamond Aircraft - North American web site
- DA50 Makes American Debut At AirVenture