|Tehsil||Gujar Khan Tehsil|
Ethnicity Rajput, Gujjar, other
|Time zone||PST (UTC+5)|
Dhoong (Urdu: ڈھونگ), part of Narali Union Council, is the second largest village in Gujar Khan Tehsil, Rawalpindi District, Punjab, Pakistan . Dhoong is a historic village of Rawalpindi District and noted for its natural reserves of oil and natural gas.
- Global Vision Montessori & School Dhoong Campus
- Govt. Boys High School Dhoong
- Govt. Girls High School Dhoong
- Al-Hijra Islamic Secondary School Dhoong
- Dad Public School Dhoong
- jinnah modern School Dhoong
- Madrissa Touseef-Ul-Quran Dhoong
Well Known Persons
Head Master Alaf Deen (late) Bani of Boys School Dhoong* Mirza Nazir Ahmed (Late), Col(R)Abuzar Khan Raja, Brig(R)Abdul Ghafoor Raja,Hafiz Ramzan,Sufi Zulfiqar sb(Religious scholor), Mian Masood Ahmed, Younis Kayani, Raja Zubair ch shouqat[mrhoom] ch nawab [mrhoom],Ch Azhar Hussain, Dr.Tahir Great Person, Muhammad Siddiq Kayani Advocate High Court
- Basic Health Unit Dhoong
- Post Office Dhoong 47770, GPO Gujar Khan
Banks and financial institution
- Habib Bank Ltd., Dhoong Branch
- Pothowari and Punjabi are the main languages of Dhoong, other languages are Urdu and English.
Other villages near Dhoong
- Tarati, Ahdi, Narali (Union Council), Daultala, Jatli (Police Station), Dhoke Adra, Dhoke Budhal, Dhoke Cheemian, Dhoke Kanyal, Dhoke Landian, Faryal, Fazolian, Kayal, Thakra Mohra, Mastala, (Dohda, Langah, Domali, Jand- Distt Chakwal)
- Dhoong is situated at Daultala – Mulhal Mughlan Road. Gujar Khan is about 18 kilometers, Rawalpindi - Islamabad is about 45 kilometers and Chakwal is about 26 kilometers from Dhoong. There are many ways to get around Dhoong which Includes public transport, Buses, Suzukis, Van, Cars, Taxis, Auto-rickshaws, Motor Cycles and Tractors.
|This article about a location in Rawalpindi District, Punjab (Pakistan) is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|