The Crown of Queen Ranavalona III is a royal crown that was worn by Ranavalona III (November 22, 1861 - May 23, 1917), the last queen of the Kingdom of Imerina, which extended its authority over most of the island of Madagascar throughout the 19th century. Ranavalona ruled from July 30, 1883 to February 28, 1897 when she was deposed by France, which subsequently ruled the island as a colony.
The crown is permanently exhibited in Paris, France at the Museum of the Army, which is housed within the French Hôtel National des Invalides National Palace. Les Invalides was built in the 17th century (1671-1676) and is located in the 7th arrondissement of Paris, 400 meters from the Military Academy. Originally a royal residence for French soldiers and disabled, elderly or retired former soldiers, the building now houses several museums and religious facilities as well as different services and agencies for former combatants.
- historical information on the website of the Consulate of Madagascar in Barcelona
- the Army Museum in Paris.
This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia. A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.