Costain is a surname of English, Scottish and Manx origin. When originating in Scotland and northern Ireland the surname is an Anglicisation of the Gaelic Mac Austain, meaning "son of Austin". The English surname is a reduced form of Constant or Constantine.
People named Costain
- Molly Costain Haycraft, Canadian, author.
- Albert Costain (1910—1987), British, politician.
- Richard Costain (1839–1902), British founder of the Costain construction business.
- Thomas B. Costain, (1885-1965), Canadian, journalist, author.
- Costain Group, British Engineering Solutions Provider
|This page or section lists people with the surname Costain. If an internal link intending to refer to a specific person led you to this page, you may wish to change that link by adding the person's given name(s) to the link.|