The Constitution of the Republic of Slovenia (Slovene: Ustava Republike Slovenije) is the fundamental law of the Republic of Slovenia.
Writing and amendments
Preparation of the document began in August 1987 in the Slovene Writers' Association, and after the DEMOS coalition won the majority in the Assembly of the Socialist Republic of Slovenia in April 1990, continued in the Assembly. The large part of the work was completed at Podvin Castle near Radovljica in August 1990 under the leadership of the lawyer Peter Jambrek. The Constitution was adopted by the National Assembly of the Republic of Slovenia on 23 December 1991.
Since its proclamation, the Constitution has been amended seven times, with four major amendments:
- In July 1997, the Spanish compromise legalised selling of real estate to foreigners as part of the convergence with the European Union.
- In July 2000, the proportional voting system was entered directly in constitution to avoid legal gap that threatened to happen after the National Assembly didn't approve the law about this issue according to somewhat unclear referendum results: three voting systems were proposed to people but none of them won the absolute majority of voters. In a disputed decision, the Constitutional Court of Slovenia ruled that if any law is to be passed, it is to be the law according to the option that got relative majority. In the political events that followed the time was running out and changing the constitution seemed like a good escape from status quo.
- In March 2003, the constitutional amendment was passed that enabled for the transmission of certain legal powers to international organisations. This would allow Slovenia to enter the European Union and NATO if it be the will of the people. A referendum on such was held on 23 March 2003.
- In June 2006, three articles of the constitution were amended to clarify the definition of Public Authority, to clarify transfer of state functions to municipal authorities, and to clarify how provinces are established and authorized to carry out state functions. as of December 2012 , these have not been established yet.
The document is divided into ten chapters:
- General Provisions
- Human Rights and Fundamental Freedoms
- Economic and Social Relations
- Organisation of the State (under this provision, two of the seats in the National Assembly are reserved, one each to members of the country's Italian and Hungarian national communities)
- Public Finance
- Constitutionality and Legality
- The Constitutional Court
- Procedure for Amending the Constitution
- Transitional and Final Provisions
TWO CONSTITUTIONALLY VALID FORMS OF SLOVENIAN FLAG
According to recent legal thesis, published in esteemed slovenian law magazine Pravnik, (Pravnik, Ljubljana 2010, Vol. 65, Nos.), not one, but two valid form...
Gylan's story Rats fleeing the Slovenia Titanic
Podgane bežijo iz slovenskega Titanica v Bruselj v EU bordel...Dotik 100 €, razkorak 100 €, da padeš v znak 100 €...Potrebuješ plačo evro poslanca, da bo ura...
Alenka Zupančič. Freud, Negation, and the Constitution of Thinking. 2011
http://www.egs.edu/ Alenka Zupancic, Slovenian philosopher and psychoanalyst, discusses negativity, Verneinung, Sigmund Freud's text on negation, psychoanaly...
Slovenian Court Confirms July 13 As The Date Of General Election
Slovenia's Constitutional Court confirmed on Wednesday the country will hold a general election on July 13, as decided by President Borut Pahor on June 1 whe...
MURA -RIVER OF DESTINY/ USODNA REKA/Music:C.Debussy:Clair de lune
ENVIRONMENTAL GALLERY JS(LJ-MS),SI ,s soncem/with sun.Video visuals is my donation tu humanity.Owner is YOUTUBE,because I used a music from other authors . T...
His Excellency Mr. Alojz Peterle, Former President of Slovenia. Speaker IWC-2014
Mr. Peterle is a Slovenian politician. He was the leader of the Slovene Christian Democrats from the founding of the party in 1990 until it merged with the S...
WOMEN IN BUDDHISM ❤☀INTERNATIONAL DAY OF WOMEN
Visual Dharma WOMEN IN BUDDHISM by H. E. Lama Tara Tulku Drimed Drolkhar Rinpoche is published to benefit all and to commemorate 100.International day of wom...
European Court of Human Rights - Kuric and others v. Slovenia
European Court of Human Rights - Public hearing on the case of the erased of Slovenia (Kuric and others v. Slovenia)
Very fine Italian & Slovenian triple jumpers
Darya Derkach & Maja Bratkic. Check out more Track & Field Beauties here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLnjJLIEpdnYDtRnN12rUz6AmfnB1MxfMp Darya Derka...
MEP Gerard Batten stands up for British Constitution Group chairman Roger Hayes
Donate to UKIP: http://www.ukip.org/donations | http://www.ukipmeps.org • European Parliament, Strasbourg, 4 July 2012 • Speaker: Gerard Batten MEP, UKIP (Lo...
We're sorry, but there's no news about "Constitution of Slovenia" right now.
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
You can talk about Constitution of Slovenia with people all over the world in our discussions.