|Launched||July 21, 2008|
|Owned by||Viacom 18|
|Picture format||576i (4:3) (SDTV)
1080i (16:9) (HDTV)
|Airtel digital TV (India)||Channel 110 (SD)
|Channel 119 (SD)
Channel 120 (HD)
|Channel 121 (SD)
Channel 02 (HD)
|Channel 105 (SD)
Channel 106 (HD)
|Reliance Digital TV (India)||Channel 220 (SD)
Channel 232 (HD)
|Channel 304 (SD)|
|Dish Network (USA)||Channel 697 (SD)|
|Freesat (UK)||Channel 662 (SD)|
|Sky (UK & Ireland)||Channel 821 (SD)|
|Astro (Malaysia)||Channel 122 (SD)|
|Dialog TV (Sri Lanka)||Channel 49 (SD)|
|AsiaSat 3S (Asia,
Middle East and Australia)
|4155 H, 9.833-3/5|
|Channel 4 (SD)
Channel 371 (HD)
|Asianet Digital TV (India)||Channel 502 (SD)|
|Channel 545 (SD)|
|DEN Networks||Channel 103|
|StarHub TV(Singapore)||Channel 128|
|Rogers Cable (Canada)||Channel 690|
|Virgin TV (UK)||Channel 826|
|SkyCable (Philippines)||Channel TBA|
|ABNXcess (Malaysia)||Channel 507|
|Shaw Cable (Canada)||Channel 538|
|World Call Cable (Pakistan)||Channel 25 (SD)
Channel 30 (HD)
|Verizon Fios (USA)||Channel 1750|
|AT&T U-verse (USA)||Channel 3712|
|RCN (USA)||Channel 479|
|now TV (Hong Kong)||Channel 780|
|Bell Fibe TV (Canada)||Channel 790|
|mio TV (Singapore)||Channel 652|
|DISH World (USA)||Channel 6|
Colors, known as Aapka Colors in the United States and Canada, is a Hindi language Indian general entertainment channel based in Mumbai, part of the Viacom 18 family, which was launched on July 21, 2008.
The channel features a number of shows, such as Comedy Nights with Kapil, Balika Vadhu, Shastri Sisters, Meri Aashiqui Tumse Hi, Uttaran, Rangrasiya, Sasural Simar Ka, Beintehaa, Udaan Sapnon Ki, Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 7, The Anupam Kher Show - Kucch Bhi Ho Sakta Hai and Bigg Boss 8.
Colors HD was added by various DTH Operators in India including DishTV, Airtel digital TV, Videocon d2h and Tata Sky. This commercial-free channel is available in 1080i. Hathway digital cable also provides Colors HD.
On 21 January 2010, Colors became available on Dish Network in the U.S., where it is called Aapka Colors (Your Colors) because of a clash with Colours TV. Amitabh Bachchan served as brand ambassador for the UK and USA launches.
Colors launched in the United Kingdom and Ireland on Sky on 25 January 2010. On 9 December 2009, INX Media confirmed that Colors had bought 9XM's Sky EPG slot on channel 829 and on 5 January 2010, Colors secured a deal to join the ViewAsia subscription package. Initially the channel was available free-to-air and then subsequently was added to the ViewAsia package on 19 April 2010. Colors was added to Virgin Media on 1 April 2011, as a part of the Asian Mela pack. On 2 September 2013, Colors left the ViewAsia package and became free-to-air on satellite again, as well as moving to Virgin's basic package.
- "Contact Us - Colors, Viacom 18". Colorstv.in. Retrieved 2010-07-17.
- "Viacom 18's Colours to launch on 21 July; unveils programming". Business of Cinema. 2008.
- Dish TV HD Packages, Dish TV Super HD Packs, Dish TV Super HD Royale’ Pack, Dish TruHD Plus,A-la-carte packs
- airtel Digital TV HD Channels - Monthly Packages
- Tata Sky DTH packages, digital TV, DTH India
- :: hathw@y ::
- "Colors to launch on U.S.' Dish Network; UK next". Biz Asia. 2009-12-03.
- "Colors ropes in Big B to endorse UK/USA launch". Biz Asia. 2010-01-14.
- "Colors to launch on Monday on Sky Digital". Biz Asia. 2010-01-19.
- "EXCLUSIVE: Colors to replace 9XM on Sky". Biz Asia. 2009-12-09.
- "EXCLUSIVE: Colors joins VIEWASIA package". Biz Asia. 2010-01-05.
- "EXCLUSIVE: Date confirmed for Colors encryption". Biz Asia. 2010-04-07.
- "Colors & Sunrise Radio launch on Virgin Media". Biz Asia. 2011-03-29.
- "Colors goes free-to-air on Sky Digital in UK". Biz Asia. 2013-09-02.