|City of Hamilton
Location in Victoria
|Area||20.64 km² (8.0 sq mi)|
The City of Hamilton was a local government area about 300 kilometres (186 mi) west of Melbourne, the state capital of Victoria, Australia. The city covered an area of 20.64 square kilometres (8.0 sq mi), and existed from 1859 until 1994. Its area was surrounded by the Shire of Dundas.
The City of Hamilton was not subdivided into wards, and its nine councillors represented the entire area.
* Estimate in the 1958 Victorian Year Book.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics, Victoria Office (1994). Victorian Year Book. pp. 49–52. ISSN 0067-1223.
- Victorian Municipal Directory. Brunswick: Arnall & Jackson. 1992. p. 388. Accessed at State Library of Victoria, La Trobe Reading Room.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (1 August 1995). Victorian local government amalgamations 1994-1995: Changes to the Australian Standard Geographical Classification. Commonwealth of Australia. p. 11. ISBN 0-642-23117-6. Retrieved 2008-01-05.
A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.