|Beauty pageant titleholder|
|Born||Cindy Jane Williams
|Height||5' 8" (1.72 m)|
|Weight||120 lb (54 kg)|
|Hair color||Dark Blonde Hair|
|Title(s)||Miss Mississippi USA 1986|
|Miss USA 1986 (3rd runner-up)|
Cindy Williams is an award winning news anchor with WCSH 6 in Portland, Maine. Williams has won several awards from the Associated Press and the Maine Association of Broadcasters for her anchoring and reporting. She has been with WCSH since 1989. She graduated from the University of Southern Mississippi in 1985 with a degree in Radio, Television and Film. Cindy was the anchor of News Seven and the 10 o’clock news on the NBC affiliate in Laurel and Hattiesburg, Mississippi of WDAM-TV.
Williams held the Miss Mississippi USA 1986 title and placed third runner up in the 1986 Miss USA pageant, alongside other runners-up Halle Berry and Kelly Parsons. She was also a semi finalist in the 1986 Miss International contest. Williams remained involved with pageantry, hosting the 1996 Miss Maine pageant.
Cindy Williams is seen as a news anchor for WCSH in Portland, Maine. She is seen on weeknights at 5, 5:30 and 6. She co-anchors with Pat Callaghan at 5 and 6 and with Rob Caldwell at 5:30. She also rotates with other station personnel as anchor of the statewide 12 noon weekday newscast.
- "Miss Texas Is New Miss USA". Associated Press. 1986-05-20.
- "Lots of Work Goes into Selecting Miss Maine". Portland Press Herald. 1996-06-30.
- Williams talks about her 20 years as a news anchor at WCSH
- WCSH 6
- Cindy Williams 1986 Miss USA Finalist 1:06, 5:01
- Cindy Williams 1986 Miss USA Finalist Judging 0:44
- Cindy Williams 1986 Miss USA Swimsuit 1:39
- Cindy Williams 1986 Miss USA Swimsuit Stage 1:26
- 1986 Miss International
- Cindy William 1986 Miss International Swimsuit 0:37 height 5'6" b-38" w-24" h-36"
|This article about an American journalist born in the 1960s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
This page uses Creative Commons Licensed content from Wikipedia. A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.