|Central University of Kerala|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Dr. Jancy James|
|Location||Kasargod, Kerala, India|
Central University of Kerala has been established through an Act of Parliament: “The Central Universities Act, 2009" (Act No.25 of 2009) by Govt. of India, situated at Kasaragod Town, the northern-most district in the Indian state of Kerala. The territorial jurisdiction of Central University of Kerala is whole of the Kerala.
The university is currently operating from its temporary campus at Nayanmar Moola, 5 km away from Kasaragod town. Recently the University logo has been designed by famous sculptor Kaanayi Kunjiraman. This is the first and one and only Central University in the state of Kerala. Prof. Dr. Jancy James is the present and the first vice Chancellor of this University.
The Central Universities Bill, 2009 aims at creating one new central university each in Bihar, Gujarat, Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Jharkhand, Karnataka, Kerala, Orissa, Punjab, Rajasthan and Tamil Nadu. It also seeks to convert Guru Ghasidas Vishwavidyalaya in Chhattisgarh, Harisingh Gour Vishwavidyalaya in Sagar (Madhya Pradesh) and Hemwati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University in Uttarakhand into Central universities.
Academic courses 
- M.Sc Animal Science
- MPhil/PhD Integrated Programme in Taxonomy
- M.Sc Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
- MPhil/PhD Integrated Programme in Biochemistry & Molecular Biology
- Msc Genomic science
- MPhil/PhD Integrated Programme in Genomic science
- M.Sc Plant Science
- M.Sc Environmental Sciences
- M.Sc Physics
- M.Sc Mathematics
- M.Sc Computer Science
- MA in English and Comparative Literature
- MPhil/PhD Integrated Programme in Comparative Literature
- MA in Economics
- MPhil/PhD Integrated Programme in Economics
See also 
- "Kerala / Kozhikode News : Central University mulls Vadakara satellite campus". The Hindu. 2009-11-15. Retrieved 2012-06-18.
- "The Central Universities Bill, 2009" (PDF). Retrieved 2012-06-18.
- http://www.education.nic.in/IHL/LISTCENTRALUNIVERSITIES.pdf[dead link]
- "Parliament passes bill to set 12 central varsities - Times Of India". Timesofindia.indiatimes.com. 2009-02-25. Retrieved 2012-06-18.
|This Indian university, college or other educational institution-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.