|This article does not cite any references or sources. (January 2012)|
|Central University of Jharkhand|
|Motto||Knowledge to Wisdom|
|Chancellor||Justice (Retd.) V.N. Khare|
|Vice-Chancellor||Prof. Darlando T. Khathing|
|Location||Ranchi, Jharkhand, India|
The Central University of Jharkhand (CUJ) is a Central University of India, established by an act of Indian Parliament (Act no. 25 of 2009) in 2009. The President of India assented this act on 20 March 2009, however the university act deemed to come into force on 15 January 2009. Like other Central Universities of India it is a teaching and research university.
CUJ offers five year "Integrated Master Programs", a few postgraduate programs and Ph.Ds. These are run at the Brambe campus. Apart from these regular courses it also offers diploma and certificate programs.
Innovations in academic processes 
CUJ offers Choice based credit system (CBCS) to enable students learning at their own pace and comfort. CBCS is offered to the students across schools. For example, a student pursuing engineering or sciences may pursue interests in humanities. Another innovation in the academic process is the compulsory internships in the professional program like Business Administration and Mass Communication at the end of Year II, Year III and Year IV of the five year integrated programs. The University offers career oriented courses and has tie-ups with Oracle University to train students in Oracle Applications.
International tie-ups 
The university is exploring international collaborations and has entered into an MOU with California State University, USA, for student and faculty exchange.
Admission to the integrated courses are based on the score obtained by a candidate in the Central University of Jharkhand Entrance Test (CUJET) (70% weightage) and marks obtained in +2 exam (30% weightage). Admission to postgraduate programs is done through CUCET whereas Ph.D. program is done on the basis of entrance test followed by a personal interview. NET-LS/NET-JRF qualified candidates are exempted from entrance test.
CUJ operates from its temporary campus at Brambe. It moved into this lush green area with tall Saal trees. Despite all the construction that has taken place, CUJ has not cut even a single tree to accommodate the infrastructure.
The Brambe campus of the CUJ is very green due to tall Saal trees dotted with nearly 70 independent class rooms and teaching labs. The majority of classrooms are equipped with interactive boards and projectors. The campus houses an auditorium with 400 seats, research lab complex for sciences, engineering workshops and computer lab, and a linguistics lab.
The university provides on-campus accommodation to students (total capacity 1000 boys and girls in separate hostels). Other amenities in Brambe campus include two banks, ATM machine, gym, and canteen.
Schools and Centres 
School of Management Sciences
* Centre for Business Administration * Centre for Human Rights and Conflict Management * Centre for International Relations
School of Mass Communication and Media Technologies:
* Centre for Mass Communication & Journalism
School of Natural Sciences
* Centre for Applied Chemistry * Centre for Applied Physics * Centre for Life Science * Centre for Applied Mathematics
School of Languages
* Centre for English Language * Center for Far East Languages (Korean, Chinese, Tibetan)
School of Engineering and Technology
* Centre for Nanotechnology * Centre for Energy Engineering
School of Cultural Studies
* Centre for Indigenous Culture Study * Centre for Tribal and Customary Law * Tribal Folklore, Language & Culture * Performing Arts
School of Natural Resources and Management
* Centre for Environmental Science * Centre for Land Resource Management * Centre for Water Engineering & Management
School of Humanities and Social Sciences
- The Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part II Section 1, No.27, Friday March 20, 2009. Page 1-34.
- The Gazette of India, Extraordinary, Part III Section 4, No.9, Monday January 16, 2012. Page 1-2.
A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.