Lee at Vidcon 2014
|Born||London, England, UK|
|Years active||2012 - present|
|Home town||Knysna, South Africa|
Lee started his self-titled YouTube channel in 2012. He is a member of the Gleam Futures talent agency. As of September 2014[update], Lee's main YouTube channel has over 3 million subscribers and over 150 million video views, and is the 185th most subscribed channel on the website; his second channel "morecaspar" has almost 1 million subscribers and over 15 million video views.
Lee was part of the 'YouTube Boyband' that raised money for Comic Relief and was featured in The Guardian. He was named by Yahoo! News as one of "12 Web-savvy entrepreneurs to watch" in December 2013. In 2014 he starred, along with a number of other YouTubers, in the Style Haul series The Crew, described by teen website Sugarscape.com as "the male version of Loose Women, but a bit less pervy". He will feature in an episode of Web Therapy, with Lisa Kudrow.
Lee is influential through social media, with over 1.8 million followers on Twitter and over 1.6 million on Instagram, as of September 2014[update]. Lee has done a number of collaborations on his channel with other YouTubers, including: Jack and Finn Harries, Grace Helbig, Tyler Oakley, Troye Sivan, Zoe Sugg and many others.
Lee was born in London but raised in Knysna, South Africa. In 2014 Lee moved into an apartment in London with fellow YouTuber Joe Sugg. His sister Theodora Lee often appears in his videos and also runs a (self-titled) YouTube channel.
- Marr, Wendy (16 August 2014). "Zoella, Tanya Burr and the UK's YouTube superstars". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 2014-09-01.
- James, Richard (2014-08-29). "Meet The Young YouTubers Changing The Way British Media Stars Are Born". BuzzFeed. Retrieved 2014-09-01.
- De Grunwald, Tanya (15 June 2014). "Meet the YouTube big hitters: The bright young vloggers who have more fans than". Daily Mail. Retrieved 2014-07-09.
- "Caspar YouTube Channel Stats". vidstatsx.com. Retrieved 2014-09-01.
- "morecaspar YouTube Channel Stats, Subscriber Statistics, Ranking". vidstatsx.com. Retrieved 2014-09-01.
- Dobbins, Amanda (21 April 2014). "Meet the YouTube Boy Band". Vulture. Retrieved 2014-05-09.
- Dredge, Stuart (21 March 2014). "YouTube Boy Band's cover version of It's All About You becomes viral hit". The Guardian. Retrieved 2014-04-21.
- "Marcus Butler, Alfie Deyes, Joe Sugg, Jim Chapman and Caspar Lee are The YouTube Boyband for Sport Relief". Sugarscape. 2014-03-10. Retrieved 2014-04-21.
- "Alfie Deyes | 12 Web-savvy entrepreneurs to watch". Yahoo! News. 24 December 2013. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- Boyd, Sarah (21 August 2014). "Stylish Sips With StyleHaul Founder Stephanie Horbaczewski". Forbes. Retrieved 2014-09-01.
- Jarvey, Natalie (2014-06-25). "Lisa Kudrow Digital Series 'Web Therapy' Moves to StyleHaul". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2014-09-01.
- Fole, Linds (12 January 2014). "YouTubers Alfie Deyes, Caspar Lee, Jim Chapman and Marcus Butler talk relationships on new blokey chat show The Crew". Sugarscape.com. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- Evenden, Lucy (2014-06-16). "Caspar Lee and Troye Sivan to star in feature film". Ten Eighty. Retrieved 2014-09-01.