Lee at Vidcon 2014
|Born||Caspar Richard George Lee
24 April 1994
|Occupation||Vlogger, YouTuber, Actor, Comedian|
|Home town||Knysna, South Africa|
Lee started his self-titled YouTube channel in 2010. He is a member of the Gleam Futures talent agency. As of April 2015[update], Lee's main YouTube channel has over 4 million subscribers and over 250 million video views, and is the 165th most subscribed channel on the website; his second channel "morecaspar" has over 1 million subscribers and nearly 30 million video views.
Lee was part of the 'YouTube Boyband' that raised money for Comic Relief and was featured in The Guardian. He was named by Yahoo! News as one of "12 Web-savvy entrepreneurs to watch" in December 2013. In 2014 he starred, along with a number of other YouTubers, in the Style Haul series The Crew, described by teen website Sugarscape.com as "the male version of Loose Women, but a bit less pervy". He featured in an episode of Web Therapy, with Lisa Kudrow.
Lee is influential through social media, with over 2.3 million followers on Twitter and over 2.1 million on Instagram, as of February 2015[update]. Lee has done a number of collaborations on his channel with other YouTube personalities, including: Jack and Finn Harries, Grace Helbig, Tyler Oakley, Troye Sivan, Zoe Sugg, Marcus Butler, Shane Dawson, Joe Sugg, Dan Howell and many others.
Lee was born in London but raised in Knysna and Durban South Africa where he attended Crawford College La Lucia.As of 2014, Lee lives in an apartment in London with fellow YouTuber Joe Sugg. His sister Theodora Lee often appears in his videos and also runs a (self-titled) YouTube channel.
Awards and nominations
- Cooke, Laura (11 March 2013). "Video made the internet star". Vodacom. Archived from the original on 18 October 2014. Retrieved 18 October 2014.
Born in April 1994
- "Conosci i protagonisti di ITATube: Caspar Lee" [Meet the stars of ITATube: Caspar Lee]. TeamWorld (in Italian). 4 March 2014. Archived from the original on 18 October 2014. Retrieved 18 October 2014.
Caspar Richard Lee ... nato a Londra il 24 Apri..le 1994
- Marr, Wendy (16 August 2014). "Zoella, Tanya Burr and the UK's YouTube superstars". The Daily Telegraph. Retrieved 2014-09-01.
- James, Richard (2014-08-29). "Meet The Young YouTubers Changing The Way British Media Stars Are Born". BuzzFeed. Retrieved 2014-09-01.
- De Grunwald, Tanya (15 June 2014). "Meet the YouTube big hitters: The bright young vloggers who have more fans than". Daily Mail. Retrieved 2014-07-09.
- "Caspar YouTube Channel Stats". vidstatsx.com. Retrieved 2015-04-06.
- "morecaspar YouTube Channel Stats, Subscriber Statistics, Ranking". vidstatsx.com. Retrieved 2015-04-06.
- Dobbins, Amanda (21 April 2014). "Meet the YouTube Boy Band". Vulture. Retrieved 2014-05-09.
- Dredge, Stuart (21 March 2014). "YouTube Boy Band's cover version of It's All About You becomes viral hit". The Guardian. Retrieved 2014-04-21.
- "Marcus Butler, Alfie Deyes, Joe Sugg, Jim Chapman and Caspar Lee are The YouTube Boyband for Sport Relief". Sugarscape. 2014-03-10. Retrieved 2014-04-21.
- "Alfie Deyes | 12 Web-savvy entrepreneurs to watch". Yahoo! News. 24 December 2013. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- Boyd, Sarah (21 August 2014). "Stylish Sips With StyleHaul Founder Stephanie Horbaczewski". Forbes. Retrieved 2014-09-01.
- Jarvey, Natalie (2014-06-25). "Lisa Kudrow Digital Series 'Web Therapy' Moves to StyleHaul". The Hollywood Reporter. Retrieved 2014-09-01.
- Fole, Linds (12 January 2014). "YouTubers Alfie Deyes, Caspar Lee, Jim Chapman and Marcus Butler talk relationships on new blokey chat show The Crew". Sugarscape.com. Retrieved 13 March 2014.
- Evenden, Lucy (2014-06-16). "Caspar Lee and Troye Sivan to star in feature film". Ten Eighty. Retrieved 2014-09-01.
- Laing, Greg (2015-02-20). "Ariana Grande, Spider-Man lead Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards nominees". Digital Spy. Retrieved 2015-02-23.
- Bacon, Lucy (2015-02-20). "One Direction, Zoella & Ed Sheeran Nominated For Kids' Choice Awards!". MTV. Retrieved 2015-02-23.