Robert Cameron Sharp (born 3 June 1958 in Ayrshire, Scotland) is a Scottish former sprinter. In 1975 he won the Scottish schoolboys 100 and 200 championships.
In 1978 he won a gold medal at the Commonwealth Games in Edmonton in the 4 x 100 m relay. Alongside David Jenkins, Allan Wells, and Andrew McMaster.
He went on to compete at the 1980 Summer Olympic Games in Moscow in the 100m, 200m where he reached the semi finals of both sprints, and was a member of the 4 x 100 m relay where the U.K. finished 4th in the final in a new British record.
He took the silver medal in the 200 m at the European Championships in Athens in 1982, narrowly losing the Gold to East German sprinter Olaf Prenzler, but beating another top East German (Frank Emmelmann, the 100 metre winner) into bronze. Sharp also finishing 4th in the 100 metres final, again narrowly missing out on a 2nd medal at these championships.
He went on to compete in the 1982 Brisbane Commonwealth Games picking up 3 bronze medals,in the 100/200,and 4x100 relay, where he again beat off top quality sprinters to secure the medals in all 3 sprints.
He also competed at the world championships in Helsinki in 1983, and again reached the semi finals of both the sprints, narrowly missing out in places of the finals.
He was also Scottish 100m and 200m champion with a famous 100 metre victory over 1980 Olympic champion Allan Wells. Sharp also won 3 UK National Championships, the AAA 100 metres and was also the AAA's indoor 60 metre champion.
He competed in his 3rd Commonwealth Games in Edinburgh in 1986, where he won another Bronze medal with the sprint relay team.
His personal bests in the sprints was
Car accidents 
In 1991 he was involved in a serious car accident which left him physically and mentally disabled. Married to Carol Lightfoot, former Scottish 800 metre runner, and has two daughters, one of whom, Lynsey, competes as an 800 metre runner. Both daughters are national athletics champions.
- 1930 – 1966: 4×110 yards
- 1966 – present: 4×100 metres
- 1930: Canada (Jim Brown, Fitzpatrick, Miller, Adams)
- 1934: England (Sweeney, Davis, Saunders, Rangeley)
- 1938: Canada (Jack Brown, Loaring, O'Connor, Haley)
- 1950: Australia (Gordon, Johnson, Treloar, de Gruchy)
- 1954: Canada (Stonehouse, Springbett, Nelson, McFarlane)
- 1958: England (Breaker, Segal, Sandstrom, Radford)
- 1962: England (Meakin, Jones, Carter, Radford)
- 1966: Ghana (Mends, E. Addy, J. Addy, Allotey)
- 1970: Jamaica (Lawson, Quarrie, Stewart, Miller)
- 1974: Australia (Ratcliffe, Haskell, Lewis, D'Arcy)
- 1978: Scotland (Wells, McMaster, Jenkins, Sharp)
- 1982: Nigeria (Ikpoto, Adeyanju, Adegbeingbe, Oyeledun)
- 1986: Canada (McKoy, Mahorn, Williams, Johnson)
- 1990: England (Jarrett, Regis, Christie, Adam, Callender)
- 1994: Canada (Surin, Chambers, Bailey, Gilbert)
- 1998: England (Chambers, Devonish, Golding, Campbell, Gardener)
- 2002: England (Gardener, Devonish, Condon, Campbell)
- 2006: Jamaica (Frater, Waugh, Williams, Powell, Smith)
- 2010: England (Scott, Baptiste, Devonish, Lewis-Francis)
Tue, 30 Apr 2013 05:19:07 -0700
Sharp, the daughter of former sprinter Cameron Sharp, finished second behind Arzhakova in Helsinki last summer in a lifetime best of 2min 0.52sec to claim her first medal in a senior international championship – a performance that was so impressive it ...
Scottish Daily Record
Scottish Daily Record
Sun, 05 May 2013 00:48:10 -0700
Now I have to declare an interest here and a proud boast – it's not everyone who can say they've changed a European champion's nappy. Many years ago, I made a documentary on Lynsey's dad, the international sprinter Cameron Sharp, after he suffered ...
Tue, 07 May 2013 19:07:24 -0700
The 4x400m time is superior to the Scottish record, and the 4x100m mark has only ever been achieved by the Scottish quartet (David Jenkins, Allan Wells, Cameron Sharp, and Drew McMaster) which set a UK record to claim Commonwealth gold in 1978.
Wed, 24 Apr 2013 02:09:56 -0700
Discus – U13 A Cameron Sharp 1st 4.68m, U15 A Harley Parsons 1st 26.25m (grade 4). Javelin – U13 A Nathan King 1st 15.97m, U13 B Harry Purkis 1st 11.78m, U15 A Harley Parsons 1st 43.77m (grade 2), U15 B Sonny Nash 1st 41.32m (grade 2). C String ...
Wed, 24 Apr 2013 04:11:52 -0700
Olivia Sian-Jones has a figure to die for and pours herself into Ready to be Loved from Edges while Cameron Sharp makes an endearing and heartfelt figure as one half of the duet Here On This Night from The Pirate Queen. Guettel is always a challenging ...
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
You can talk about Cameron Sharp with people all over the world in our discussions.