|Launched||16 December 2005|
|Owned by||Network 18
Turner International India
|Picture format||4:3 (576i, SDTV)
|Slogan||"Whatever it takes".|
|Headquarters||Noida, Uttar Pradesh|
Cable News Network-Indian Broadcasting Network (CNN-IBN) is an English-language Indian television news channel. The network is a partnership between Global Broadcast News (GBN) and Turner International (Turner) in India (a subsidiary of Time Warner). The Indian company GBN runs the channel completely but uses the CNN brand name, in return gave 26% stake to Time Warner.
The network broadcasts 24-hour a day, 365 days a year. The network models most of its programming on that of United States cable news provider CNN, with current-event talk programs mixed with news reports. The flagship evening program is India at 9.
Questions on ethics 
A controversy about some fake Twitter comments that ran on the screen during a news show raised questions about the reliability of instant feedback from viewers. The officials later apologized saying that the source of viewer comment was wrongly stated as Twitter.
On November 2011, on its primetime show Face The Nation, the channel broadcasted a pre-recorded interview of Sri Sri Ravi Shankar as a live television debate. The show was hosted by the deputy editor of the channel, Sagarika Ghose, the wife of the channel's editor, Rajdeep Sardesai. On public outcry, the anchor issued a public apology on Twitter, web and TV. The episode has not been hosted on the show's homepage.
Commonwealth Games Contract 
On August 5, 2011 Comptroller and Auditor General of India's report on XIX Commonwealth Games was tabled in Parliament of India. In section 14.4.2 of the report, CAG alleged that while awarding contracts worth Rs 3.78 crore for production & broadcasting of commercials for promoting CWG-2010 to CNN-IBN & NDTV, the Commonwealth Games Organizing Committee followed an arbitrary approach. Proposals were considered in an ad hoc manner, as and when a proposal was received; no form of competitive tendering was adopted. The CAG further said in its report that, "We had no assurance about the competitiveness of the rates quoted by these channels and the need and usefulness of these proposals. From March 2010 to June 2010, the entire pre games publicity and sponsorship publicity was done only on NDTV & CNN-IBN."
See also 
- 24-hour television news channels
- Global Broadcast News
- Television in India
- Time Warner
- Turner Broadcasting System
- Priscilla Jebaraj (2010-12-19). "Thehindu.com". Thehindu.com. Retrieved 2011-06-07.
- "Face The Nation: A clarification and an apology". November 10, 2011. Retrieved November 21, 2011.
- "CNN-IBN 'small' apology to Sri Sri". November 11, 2011. Retrieved November 21, 2011.
- "Face the Nation Shows Videos-Watch Most viewed videos of Face the Nation : IBNLive". CNN-IBN. Retrieved 2011-12-23.
- "CAG Report on XIX Commonwealth Games". Comptroller & Auditor General of India (Pdf).
- "CAG blames top media houses in Commonwealth Games Scam". News of Delhi.
- "Games contracts to media houses arbitrary and biased: CAG". India Today.