|This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page.
C. Stephen Evans (born 1948, Atlanta, Georgia) is an American historian and philosopher, he is one of the United States' leading experts on Søren Kierkegaard, publishing six books on Kierkegaard over 25 years. He is currently University Professor of Philosophy and Humanities at Baylor University. He holds a B.A. with High Honors (philosophy), from Wheaton College, an M.Phil. (philosophy) from Yale University, and a Ph.D. (philosophy) from Yale University.
He won numerous awards, and reviews manuscripts for several university presses, including Oxford University Press, Cambridge University Press, Princeton University Press, as well as Harper and Rowe. He does the same for several academic journals. He was curator of the Howard V. and Edna H. Hong Kierkegaard Library. He has organized several major conferences. He served five years on the editorial board for Kierkegaard Monographs and for the International Kierkegaard Commentary Series. He is a past president of the Society of Christian Philosophers and the Søren Kierkegaard Society.
- Preserving the Person: A Look at the Human Sciences (InterVarsity Press, 1977; Baker Reprint, 1982)
- Subjectivity and Religious Belief: An Historical, Critical Study (Eerdmans, 1978)
- Kierkegaard's Fragments and Postscript: The Religious Philosophy of Johannes Climacus (Humanities Press, 1983; reprinted by Humanity Books, an imprint of Prometheus Books, 1999)
- Existentialism: The Philosophy of Despair and the Quest for Hope (Zondervan, 1984; reprinted Probe Books, 1989). A revised edition of Despair: A Moment or a Way of Life? (InterVarsity Press, 1971)
- Philosophy of Religion: Thinking About Faith (InterVarsity Press, 1985). Spanish translation: Filosofía de la Religion (Editorial Mundo Hispano, 1990). Macedonian translation 2004.
- Wisdom and Humanness in Psychology (Baker Books, 1989)
- Søren Kierkegaard's Christian Psychology (Zondervan, 1990)
- Passionate Reason: Making Sense of Kierkegaard's Philosophical Fragments (Indiana University Press, 1992)
- Why Believe? Reason and Mystery as Pointers to God (Grand Rapids: Wm. B. Eerdmans, 1996). A revised version of The Quest for Faith: Reason and Mystery As Pointers to God (InterVarsity Press, 1986). Chinese edition of Why Believe? translated by Daniel Kwok-Tung Cheung (Hong Kong: FES Press, 2002).
- The Historical Christ and the Jesus of Faith: The Incarnational Narrative as History (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 1996)
- Faith Beyond Reason (Edinburgh: Edinburgh University Press, 1998; and Grand Rapids, Michigan: Wm. B. Eerdmans, 1998)
- Pocket Dictionary of Philosophy of Religion and Apologetics (Downers Grove, Illinois: InterVarsity Press, 2002). Translated and published in Portuguese by Editora Vida, 2003. Translated and published in Macedonian, 2003. Spanish translation published by Editorial Unilit in 2007.
- Kierkegaard’s Ethic of Love: Divine Commands and Moral Requirements (Oxford: Oxford University Press, 2004)
- Kierkegaard on Faith and the Self: Collected Essays (Waco, Texas: Baylor University Press, 2006)
- Kierkegaard: An Introduction (Cambridge University Press, 2009)
- Natural Signs and Knowledge of God: A New Look at Theistic Arguments (Oxford University Press, 2010)
- ^ Dr. C. Stephen Evans's personal page at Baylor University
- ^ Dr. C. Stephen Evans's 32 page CV (Curriculum Vitae)
- ^ Baylor Institute for Studies of Religion: C. Stephen Evans
Hayward 2012 Lecture 1: Dr. C Stephen Evans
2012 Hayward Lectures Dr. C Stephen Evans, "Christian Beleif in the 21st Century: Responding to the 'New Atheism'." Oct 15, lecture 1 www.acadiadiv.ca.
C. Stephen Evans, "Are You Your Brain? Human Persons as Embodied Souls"
The 16th annual Holmer Lecture at MacLaurinCSF, given on November 4, 2011 by Dr. C. Stephen Evans. Dr. Evans is University Professor of Philosophy and the Hu...
Hayward 2012 Lecture 2: Dr. C. Stephen Evans
2012 Hayward Lectures Dr. C Stephen Evans, "Christian Beleif in the 21st Century: Responding to the 'New Atheism'." Oct 16, lecture 2 www.acadiadiv.ca.
Hayward 2012 Lecture 3: Dr. C. Stephen Evans
2012 Hayward Lectures Dr. C Stephen Evans, "Christian Beleif in the 21st Century: Responding to the 'New Atheism'." Oct 17, lecture 3 www.acadiadiv.ca.
The freedom of being held accountable [C. Stephen Evans on Accountability]
C. Stephen Evans (Professor of Philosophy at Baylor University) discusses accountability, responsibility, and human behavior as it relates to spiritual forma...
C. Stephen Evans on God and The Universe by Jason Burns
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0830838767?ie=UTF8&tag=apologetics31-20&linkCode=as2&camp=1789&creative=390957&creativeASIN=0830838767 C. Stephen Evans on God and The Universe by Jason Burns.
YouTube Drama Queen Atheism V Dr C Stephen Evans Your Choice by Jason Burns
YouTube Drama Queen Atheism V Dr C Stephen Evans Your Choice by Jason Burns.
Baylor ISR- C.S. Lewis 50th Memorial- Stephen C. Evans-(Nov.18, 22-23, 2013)
Hosted by Baylor University, Departments of Philosophy and Religion, the Honors Residential College and ISR's Program on Philosophical Studies of Religion.
Brain Dump 2014-07-23
Don't Lose your compassionate Edge by Jason Burns Jehovah's Witnesses Bible proves Jesus is God by Jason Burns Logical Positivism by Jason Burns Francis Schaeffer On Truth by Jason Burns Navigating...
We're sorry, but there's no news about "C. Stephen Evans" right now.
Oops, we seem to be having trouble contacting Twitter
You can talk about C. Stephen Evans with people all over the world in our discussions.