||This article may require cleanup to meet Wikipedia's quality standards. (September 2010)|
|Region||Pays de la Loire|
|Intercommunality||Région de Blain|
|Elevation||11–82 m (36–269 ft)|
|Land area1||47.63 km2 (18.39 sq mi)|
|- Density||59 /km2 (150 /sq mi)|
|INSEE/Postal code||44023/ 44130|
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
|2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.|
The tradition went that the name "Bouvron" derived from the word bovus (Latin: ox; cf French: boeuf) because Bouvron was anciently reputed for its fair for the trade of young oxen. and the merchants of these animals were known as the bouverons. But the name Boveron or Bouveron appeared in the texts only from the 12th century onwards, whereas in one text dated 8 May 878 from the cartulary of Redon Abbey, the name Buluuron is used for the estate when it was granted to the abbey, in Redon, Ille-et-Vilaine. An etymological study reveals that "Buluuron" is derived from the Gallic bébronnos, made up of bébros (= "beaver") and onnos (= "river").
- Monument of the surrender of the Poche of Saint-Nazaire the 11th of May 1945
- This monument is a reminder that the Second World War in Europe concluded on the 11th of May 1945 in Bouvron, in a field, and not in Berlin on the 8th of May 1945 (or the 9th of May for the Russians).
- Castle of Quéhillac
- A remarkable architectural ensemble of the 16th and 17th centuries composed of the castel, the chapel, the chaplain's home, the stables, the bridge and the moats. The enseble is registered on the list of the French historical monuments "Monuments Historiques" since the 22nd of November of 2002. In 1640, Nicolas Fouquet, finance's minister of Louis XIV married in his first wedding Louise Fourché de Quéhillac, who adduces him 160.000 livres as her dowry.
- Castle of Launay-Bedeau
- It was a medieval castle situated in the small village of Launay-Bedeau. It was simply a fortified tower with ramparts. In 1944, it was bombed. After the Second World War, it was skimmed over, in spite of the importance of this medieval cultural heritage. The stones were reused to build a farm, a pigpen and to gravel the small ways. The only vestiges you can see now are a doorstep, a tabernacle of the chapel and, of course, the beautiful moats of the castle.
- The chapel of Saint-Julien
- Situated in the hamlet of Saint-Julien, on the RD43 (departemental road), this chapel was raised on the lands of the monastery of Gavalais, a village at 2.5 km in the south-west of the chapel. It is dedicated to Saint Julien the Hospitalier and accommodate a statue of this saint in military costume. Damaged at the French Revolution, this chapel was many times renovated.
Work to safeguard it were carried out in 1962.
- The chapel of Saint-André
- It is situated in the hamlet Le Châtel, at 1 km in south-east of Bouvron. It is dedicated to the first apostle of the Christ, St André, saint patron of the parish.
René Waldeck-Rousseau stayed numerous years in the familial secondary residence during his years out of politics.
Charles de Gaulle came to inaugurate the monument of the surrender of the Poche de Saint-Nazaire. The 2nd World War didn't finish the on the 8th of May 1945 in Berlin, but on the 11th of May 1945 in Bouvron, in a field.
See also 
- Official web-site of the commune
- Non-official web-site of the commune
- Bouvron on the Quid web-site
- The bordering communes of Bouvron
- Bouvron on a France's map
- Cultural heritage in Bouvron
A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.