The Boston Red Sox Hall of Fame was instituted in 1995 to recognize the careers of former Boston Red Sox baseball players. A 15-member selection committee of Red Sox broadcasters and executives, past and present media personnel, and representatives from The Sports Museum of New England and the BoSox Club are responsible for nominating candidates.
The criteria for selection into the Hall is as follows:
- Player to be eligible for nomination must have played a minimum of three years with the Boston Red Sox and must also have been out of uniform as an active player a minimum of three years.
- Non-uniformed honorees such as broadcasters and front office execs are inducted by a unanimous vote of the Boston Red Sox Hall of Fame selection committee. The memorable moment will be chosen by the committee as well.
- Former Boston Red Sox players and personnel in the National Baseball Hall of Fame (NBHOF) in Cooperstown, New York will be automatically enshrined in the Boston Red Sox Hall of Fame.
The following are members of the Boston Red Sox Hall of Fame, by virtue of prior induction to the NBHOF:
The following were inducted in ceremonies held on November 1, 1995, September 8, 1997, May 18, 2000, November 14, 2002, November 10, 2004, November 9, 2006, November 7, 2008, September 17, 2010, and March 28, 2012.
- 1995: Roger Clemens' first 20-strikeout game in 1986
- 1975: Carlton Fisk's game-winning home run in Game 6 of the 1975 World Series
- 2000: Dave Henderson's game-winning home run in Game 5 of the 1986 American League Championship Series
- 2002: Earl Wilson's no-hitter on June 26, 1962
- 2004: Bernie Carbo's pinch-hit home run in Game 6 of the 1975 World Series
- 2006: Dave Roberts' steal of second base in Game 4 of the 2004 American League Championship Series
- 2008: Ted Williams' home run in his final Major League at-bat on September 28, 1960, versus the Baltimore Orioles at Fenway Park
- 2010: Tom Brunansky's diving catch of Ozzie Guillén's line drive in the ninth inning of the season ending game that preserved the Red Sox victory sending them to the 1990
- 2012:The Impossible Dream Redsox defeat the Twins 5-3 to take the 1967 Pennant.
Notes and references
|This article does not cite any references or sources. (April 2009)|
A portion of the proceeds from advertising on Digplanet goes to supporting Wikipedia.