|Type||Daily newspaper (excluding Sundays)|
|Headquarters||The Gazette Avroe House, Blackpool|
The Blackpool Gazette is an English evening newspaper based in Blackpool, Lancashire. Published every day except Sunday, it covers the towns and communities of the Fylde coast. It was formerly named the Evening Gazette after initially being named The West Lancashire Evening Gazette.
The newspaper is published by Blackpool Gazette & Herald Ltd, and is known locally as The Gazette. Two other weekly newspapers are also published - the Lytham St.Annes Express and the Fleetwood Weekly News, as well as one free weekly newspaper, the Blackpool Reporter. All are owned by Johnston Press.
The Gazette also has a close link with local football club Blackpool F.C., although the newspaper decided to scrap club chairman Karl Oyston's weekly column "given such disgusting and offensive comments" he made to a Blackpool fan.
- "Company Directory: Blackpool Gazette & Herald Ltd". Johnston Press. Archived from the original on 2007-07-16. Retrieved 2007-10-05.
- "Polish Gazette in the TV spotlight". Blackpool Gazette. 2006-11-13. Archived from the original on 2007-10-18. Retrieved 2007-10-05.
- "Gazette comment: More shame on Blackpool FC" - Blackpool Gazette, 22 December 2014
- Blackpool Gazette online
- Lytham St.Annes Express online
- Fleetwood Weekly News online
- Witryana Polska - Polish Gazette
|This English newspaper–related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|