|Native name||বিপাশা হায়াত|
March 23, 1971
|Education||MA (Fine Arts)|
|Alma mater||University of Dhaka|
|Occupation||actress, script writer|
|Spouse(s)||Toukir Ahmed (m. 1999)|
|Children||Arisha Ahmed (Daughter)
Aareeb Tauquir Ahmed (Son)
|Parent(s)||Abul Hayat (father)|
|Relatives||Natasha Hayat (sister)|
|Awards||National Film Awards
Meril Prothom Alo Awards
Bipasha Hayat (Bengali: বিপাশা হায়াত) is a Bangladeshi actress. She has earned several awards, including UNESCO, Ananya, Meril-Prothom Alo and Anyadin-Impress Telefilm Awards. She had won a national award as the best actress for her performance in the film ‘Aguner Poroshmoni, based on a story of Bangladesh’s war of independence.
Bipasha Hayat is a graduate from the Institute of Fine Arts of University of Dhaka. She rarely exhibits her work. She has, in May 2009, donated some of her sketches for the charity painting exhibition for Acid victims, organized by Purple magazine in Dhaka.
During the 90’s Hayat played many popular television dramas which established herself as one of the leading actresses of the country. She wrote her first TV play Shudhui tomake jani in 1997. She was also successful in theatre dramas but had to leave after her wedding. She gradually reduced working in the media as she became more involved with family life. But she still writes scripts for television drama.
She acted in two of the famous liberation war related movies Aguner Poroshmoni(her first film) and Joyjatra. The first of those which was directed by Humayun Ahmed, she portrayed the role of a young girl who was blocked in her house with her family inside the city of Dhaka. Ratri as her characters name, fell in love with a guerrilla freedom fighter (played by Asaduzzaman Noor) who lived in their house during the war for shelter. Her affection towards the fighter reflects the support and contribution of the civilians to the guerrilla fighters of the war. In Joyjatra, her character was much more different as she acted as a middle aged mother who lost her son as she tried to escape from an army attack. Both of her performances were hailed by the audiences and critics. Bipasha won National Film Award of Bangladesh as Best Actress in the film Aguner Poroshmoni.
Bipasha is married to Toukir Ahmed, an actor and film director, on 23 July 1999. She is the daughter of actor and director Abul Hayat. Her sister Natasha Hayat is also an actress and Natasha's Husband Shamim Shahed Khan is also an actor. Bipasha and her sister invested on a boutique house in 2008. She also innugurate a "Bitop Gallery", a new fashion outlet, in Mohakhali area of Dhaka in 2013. She has a daughter named Arisha Ahmed and a son named Aareeb Ahmed.
|Year||Title||Director & Playwright||Co-stars||Notes|
|1996||Harjit||Abul Hayat||Tauquir Ahmed||teleplay|
|1997||Shudhui Tomake Jani||
|drama serial, debut as a playwright|
|Beli||Abul Hayat||Tauquir Ahmed||teleplay|
|Pratyasha||Abul Hayat||Tauquir Ahmed||teleplay|
|Ekjan Aparadhini||Abul Hayat||Tauquir Ahmed||teleplay|
|Dola||Abul Hayat||Tauquir Ahmed||drama series|
|Hasuli||Abul Hayat||Tauquir Ahmed||drama series|
|2006||Ontormomo||drama serial, deals with the complexities of human character|
|2013||Mukhsoh Jibon||Mahmud Didar (both)||Tauquir Ahmed, Kumkum Hasan||teleplay, aired on ntv|
|2015||Sonali Danar Chil||Abul Hayat (both)||Tauquir Ahmed||teleplay, aired on Channel i on Eid|
|Kobita Sundor||Arif Khan
|Afzal Hossain, Mahfuz Ahmed||single episode play, aired on Channel i on Eid|
|1994||Aguner Poroshmoni||Humayun Ahmed||Ratri||Asaduzzaman Noor, Abul Hayat||Debut Film|
|2004||Joyjatra||Tauquir Ahmed||Haowa||Mahfuz Ahmed, Azizul Hakim||Second Film|
- Best Actress - Aguner Poroshmoni (1994)
- Best TV Actress (Popular Choice) - 1998, 1999, 2000
- "Bipasha Hayat Biography". Biographybd. Retrieved October 16, 2015.
- "Bipasha’s ‘The Journey Within’ begins today". Banglanews24.com. 2011-10-24. Retrieved 2013-06-04.
- Patracia Moutushi (2013-07-30). "Bipasha Hayat opens ‘Bitop Gallery’". Priyo News. Retrieved October 16, 2015.
- ""Acting is like mathematics"-- Bipasha Hayat". The Daily Star. 2006-06-12. Retrieved 14 July 2015.
- Correspondent. "Tauquir-Bipasha working under Abul Hayat's direction". thedailystar.net. The Daily Star. Retrieved 14 July 2015.
- "Abul Hayat casts daughter, son-in-law in Eid teleplay". Dhaka Mirror. 2015-07-10. Retrieved October 15, 2015.
- "Bipasha Hayat Captured on Canvas". The Daily Star. 2015-08-15. Retrieved October 16, 2015.
- Patracia Moutushi (2015-08-14). "Mukhsoh Jibon". Priyo News. Retrieved October 16, 2015.
- Patracia Moutushi (2015-06-17). "Bipasha-Afzal-Mahfuz in "Kobita Sundor"". Priyo News. Retrieved October 16, 2015.